Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Broncos in New Orleans 11/13/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Bought 8 tickets.
    where from Davi? what was price and seating situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    where from Davi? what was price and seating situation?
    Stubhub. Terrace level towards the corner. Good view from all the pics I can find. Total with fees, etc was 107 each. 88 each ticket price.

There are a ton of terrace level sideline on there for 115 ticket price, 135 each total. Good seats, great view but I couldn't find more than 4 together and I needed 8. There's a BUNCH field level in the 300 range.

gotcha, ya they aren't bad. can't wait.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Ok, so what do those who are coming want to do?

I will tell you, this isn't a great tailgate atmosphere type of stadium. The parking is in a garage with no tailgating allowed. The only tailgating I know of is in a private lot that is all reserved, pay by the season type parking.

That being the case, do we want to all meet at a restaurant for some good Cajun and seafood on Saturday evening (Dragos)? I am willing to host a get together at my house for forum members that are coming down as well and would fire up the smoker for some pulled pork and we could order some oysters or whatever.

Let me know and let's start planning! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and introducing New Orleans to those of you who have never been.

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I'm open to whatever, we are with another couple though.

read a few horror stories about opposing fans wearing jersey's in Superdome... think I might leave the Broncos jersey at home.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

read a few horror stories about opposing fans wearing jersey's in Superdome... think I might leave the Broncos jersey at home.
    It's very hit or miss. I went to a Saints game as an opposing fan when I was in middle school and I was harassed by quite a few fans. But most of the fans are fine I'd say. Really just depends on the luck of the draw of who is sitting next to you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's very hit or miss. I went to a Saints game as an opposing fan when I was in middle school and I was harassed by quite a few fans. But most of the fans are fine I'd say. Really just depends on the luck of the draw of who is sitting next to you.
    For some reason, these statements surprise me.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    For some reason, these statements surprise me.
    I've been to a few (three) games in the Dome, never seen a problem. I've been to a LOT (20+) functions in Champions Square or other parties near the Dome for Saint's games, I've always worn a Broncos jersey during these events and never received a harsh word or ever felt like I made a mistake, etc.

I will certainly be wearing my Orange Von Miller in the Dome without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I've been to a few (three) games in the Dome, never seen a problem. I've been to a LOT (20+) functions in Champions Square or other parties near the Dome for Saint's games, I've always worn a Broncos jersey during these events and never received a harsh word or ever felt like I made a mistake, etc.

I will certainly be wearing my Orange Von Miller in the Dome without a doubt.
    not all of us have the build of a marine...
    some of the stories I've read are pretty insane, guys getting pissed on, people throwing bottles and stuff.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

not all of us have the build of a marine...
    some of the stories I've read are pretty insane, guys getting pissed on, people throwing bottles and stuff.
    I obviously can't speak for whoever told those stories but I don't know of one person that has ever mentioned something like that when going to the Dome rooting for the visitors. I am absolutely certain some people talked smack, that happens in literally every stadium everywhere, but I've never seen or heard of anyone getting pissed on, bottles being thrown (glass bottles aren't allowed in the Dome at all), etc.

A quick review of tripadvisor shows some people saying they got ribbed but there is no mention of anything worse than that I could find and I went through 15 pages. The typical review looked like this:

Went to a Saints Game as a visiting team fan. The building is cool. The pregame party is fun but the place is way too loud. Like other domes the noise stays trapped inside. Constant screaming and the PA announcer is unbearably loud. If your team is loosing it gets worse. I would not go again even if we won. No problems as the Saints fans ignored us . It was a fun fun city to visit but no more football at the dome for me.
    Or this one from last year:

Recently attended the Giants vs. Saints game, and had the time of my life. Other than my Giants losing, my experience was great. Fans talk a little junk then tell you where to go eat. Highly recommended for a road trip if your team plays the Saints.
    I looked through Reddit and found the same things as well. I cannot find one online review where people are mentioning anything more than a completely normal visiting fan experience. I'm not saying it has never happened, I'm saying I don't believe it to be the norm, and that I wouldn't worry about it.

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

First post I found on Reddit.

I've been part of a group that tries to go to the Saints/Falcons game in Nola every year. I've been busy the last few years so this was my first trip since the saints SB season. Things have changed drastically.
    These were my seats- http://i.imgur.com/I6kq4.jpg
    Not bad at all right? Bought them off stubhub and believe they are from a season ticket holder. Let me preface this with a positive- had a great time in the city last night wearing falcons gear , trash talk, friendly banter but no problems. The Saints fans in our section were ok, couple bad apples got called out. I was with 3 others, we all wore our falcons gear. We cheered for our team and made small talk but were not disrespectful.
    However the fans on the way into the stadium, and when we went into the bathroom and on the way out were the worst I've ever witnessed. I've been to away games in Philly (NFC champ game), Tampa, NYC, and even Foxboro and this was the single worst experience of my life.
    Highlights- walk in bathroom, get screamed obscenities , whatever, go to pee in a stall and a guy starts peeing on the floor in the stall next to me trying to get if on me, sayin "lick my piss falcons" , almost get into a fight.
    Walking back to seats- big black dude blocks our way saying we are in his house and need to pay the toll. I laugh it off and he's like "give me your beer", try to walk past and he knocks full beer out of my hands. I'm just standing there like really and looking for security. Don't see any around so he sits back down and I leave. He's about 4 rows behind me and his group is yelling at us, threatening us, etc.
    We texted the fan behavior to Report him and that's when things got out of hand. They came to talk to him and left. Things got worse from there. The saints fans next to us apologized and we decided to leave mid 4th quarter ( it wasn't fun anymore and things had gotten heated)
    As we are leaving another saints fans, throws his beer at our group and calls the one girl in our group a ****.
    We left and are now at the airport. **** you saints fans and your pathetic excuse for security. This is a game, and you need to keep your humanity.
    Any suggestions or advice? Im wondering if there is a way to file a complaint with the NFL for a franchise not bring able to control their fan base. This is a game, and it has gotten out of hand there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/falcons/com...erdome_saints/

I figure I will still wear my jersey, I highly doubt anything will happen. My buddy will have his Saints jersey on though.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

First post I found on Reddit.

I've been part of a group that tries to go to the Saints/Falcons game in Nola every year. I've been busy the last few years so this was my first trip since the saints SB season. Things have changed drastically.
    These were my seats- http://i.imgur.com/I6kq4.jpg
    Not bad at all right? Bought them off stubhub and believe they are from a season ticket holder. Let me preface this with a positive- had a great time in the city last night wearing falcons gear , trash talk, friendly banter but no problems. The Saints fans in our section were ok, couple bad apples got called out. I was with 3 others, we all wore our falcons gear. We cheered for our team and made small talk but were not disrespectful.
    However the fans on the way into the stadium, and when we went into the bathroom and on the way out were the worst I've ever witnessed. I've been to away games in Philly (NFC champ game), Tampa, NYC, and even Foxboro and this was the single worst experience of my life.
    Highlights- walk in bathroom, get screamed obscenities , whatever, go to pee in a stall and a guy starts peeing on the floor in the stall next to me trying to get if on me, sayin "lick my piss falcons" , almost get into a fight.
    Walking back to seats- big black dude blocks our way saying we are in his house and need to pay the toll. I laugh it off and he's like "give me your beer", try to walk past and he knocks full beer out of my hands. I'm just standing there like really and looking for security. Don't see any around so he sits back down and I leave. He's about 4 rows behind me and his group is yelling at us, threatening us, etc.
    We texted the fan behavior to Report him and that's when things got out of hand. They came to talk to him and left. Things got worse from there. The saints fans next to us apologized and we decided to leave mid 4th quarter ( it wasn't fun anymore and things had gotten heated)
    As we are leaving another saints fans, throws his beer at our group and calls the one girl in our group a ****.
    We left and are now at the airport. **** you saints fans and your pathetic excuse for security. This is a game, and you need to keep your humanity.
    Any suggestions or advice? Im wondering if there is a way to file a complaint with the NFL for a franchise not bring able to control their fan base. This is a game, and it has gotten out of hand there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/falcons/com...erdome_saints/

I figure I will still wear my jersey, I highly doubt anything will happen. My buddy will have his Saints jersey on though.
    Interesting. I hope nothing like this happens to anyone, especially those of us from here. I'll be attending with a mixed group a few Saints fans (Father in law, his friend, guitar player in my band) and some Broncos fans (Me, my Mom, another friend).

how is the flooding there Davii? anywhere near you?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

how is the flooding there Davii? anywhere near you?
    The flooding is terrible. Metro New Orleans got very lucky and was spared the worst of the storms. We got around 9" of rain in two days, areas near Lafayette and Baton Rouge got more than 2 feet. Interstate 10 is closed West of the city between here and Baton Rouge, closed from Baton Rouge to Lafayette, the 12 is closed, 61 closed, etc.

I've never seen rain fall that hard and it was literally twice as bad 30 miles from here. Luckily a high pressure system is keeping the rain away for a bit, but unfortunately there will be some more areas flooded as this all moves to the Gulf. Hopefully there's no more rain, we're already at historic flood levels throughout much of the state.

Here in Metro we had some street flooding but our pumping systems got the water out and kept us safe. The system here is capable of moving an inch per hour out of the city and they say it would take a backup of about 4" to start flooding us.

20. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information