Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vue

Default Playstation Vue

I'm pretty excited about this. I'm going to try it out.

Basically, you pay for it like you would Netflix or Hulu. No commitment, just pay per month. But they have TV packages with REAL channels. The prices are decent too. They go roughly from 55 channels, to 70, and 100. Prices are $30, $35, and $45 respectively. They include what you would get with most satellite companies. FX, USA, Comedy Central, ESPN, MTV, Disney, Nick, CNN, etc. You can also add-on packages like Showtime for about $11 a month.

My favorite part is how they don't add in stuff. I tried to get DirecTV recently. I went with the $30 package. By the time I went to check out, it showed $65 per month. Then with Dish it's the same type of thing. They want you to pay for so many little things and they add up. With Vue, you just use your own stuff. If you don't have a Playstation, it works on iPhone, iPad, Amazon Fire TV or stick, or Google Chromecast. Then it just streams through your internet.

The "free trial" seems to be a couple weeks. I just signed up and it asks for my first payment on April 15. Hopefully it all works well.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Please let me know how it goes. My dish bill went up

I'm locked in to Comcast for another 2.5 years, but I have always liked them. DIRECTV was good as well.

We watch alot of TV in our house. Mostly DVR our shows, and watch them while we work at night when the kids go to bed.

Keep us posted though.

Just checked...no HBO. I watch a ton of boxing, and that would be a deal breaker. Maybe in the future though. It does have the channels we watch though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

I recently got rid of Sky (UK direct TV basically) in favour of Amazon prime via the fireStick.
    Amazon + netflix = £11($16) a month as opposed to £85 for satellite.
    Add kodi to that and you can watch pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    I recently got rid of Sky (UK direct TV basically) in favour of Amazon prime via the fireStick.
    Amazon + netflix = £11($16) a month as opposed to £85 for satellite.
    Add kodi to that and you can watch pretty much anything.
    Yeah, that stuff is hard to beat. I have an Android box that has Kodi on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    Just checked...no HBO. I watch a ton of boxing, and that would be a deal breaker. Maybe in the future though. It does have the channels we watch though.
    I think it just came out last month. I'm not sure though. So I am a bit surprised they already have all of this. I can't find the release date but a lot of articles about PS Vue were made in March 2016, so I am assuming that was when it released. I think it could turn into a great thing. Xbox may do the same thing and then add on HBO instead of Showtime. Who knows.

Not off to a good start. I just got home and am trying to use it on my PS4 and get an error. It says to call a number. They go by Pacific time, so I have to wait another hour before they can help. ******* lame.

I have to argue with DirecTV every year to keep some semblance of control on the bill. Will be doing that again in August.

Open to all alternatives - perhaps this is something to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

LOL. Just kidding.

Not really.

People still watch boxing?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I have to argue with DirecTV every year to keep some semblance of control on the bill. Will be doing that again in August.

Open to all alternatives - perhaps this is something to consider.
    I've been doing the same thing with Dish every 3 months (I'm just month to month now). It was good for about a year when I had them at 35. They went up to 65 recently and I think I'm really going to drop them this time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    It's making a comeback. I still enjoy boxing over MMA, unless Cowboy is fighting.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

If people are only concerned with major fights, probably not, but I like the sport regardless of who is fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It's making a comeback. I still enjoy boxing over MMA, unless Cowboy is fighting.
    Cowboys cool. Love watching Connor McGreggor bc he is incredibly entertaining. Those two are going to meet someday in the octagon.

#whiteonwhitecrime
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information