Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vue

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I cut our Cox Cable off last week, and switched to VUE, coupled with Amazon FireSticks.

I love it!

I've looked into it several times over the last two years, and while it would save me money, I couldn't cobble together the channel line-up/offerings I wanted. VUE's channel line-ups are top notch now, including local channels in most markets.

Now, I've got virtually everything I had with Cox, but saving just shy of $100/month vs. what I was paying Cox.

The real surprise? The picture quality is BETTER on the Firestick/VUE than it was on the cable! Plus, I can stream on other devices at higher quality/less buffering than I experienced when trying to stream programming through Cox's Contour app. On top of that, when I travel (was out of town last weekend) I can still watch all of my channels, + the local channels where I'm at! Something I couldn't do with Cox Contour.

All-in-all, if someone is considering cutting the cord, getting a FireStick (we already have had Amazon Prime for years), and subscribing to VUE can be a big savings, and quality so far is superb.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I cut our Cox Cable off last week, and switched to VUE, coupled with Amazon FireSticks.

I love it!

I've looked into it several times over the last two years, and while it would save me money, I couldn't cobble together the channel line-up/offerings I wanted. VUE's channel line-ups are top notch now, including local channels in most markets.

Now, I've got virtually everything I had with Cox, but saving just shy of $100/month vs. what I was paying Cox.

The real surprise? The picture quality is BETTER on the Firestick/VUE than it was on the cable! Plus, I can stream on other devices at higher quality/less buffering than I experienced when trying to stream programming through Cox's Contour app. On top of that, when I travel (was out of town last weekend) I can still watch all of my channels, + the local channels where I'm at! Something I couldn't do with Cox Contour.

All-in-all, if someone is considering cutting the cord, getting a FireStick (we already have had Amazon Prime for years), and subscribing to VUE can be a big savings, and quality so far is superb.
    Who are you using for your internet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We just dumped Xfinity for Vue last week. There are a few things here and there I miss with cable, but we're saving over 40 bucks a month which is more than worth it. It's been like 95% as good as cable so far.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Who are you using for your internet?
    Cox still provides our internet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Cox still provides our internet.
    What is your download speed? I'm seriously thinking about this...

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

What is your download speed? I'm seriously thinking about this...
    I'm pretty sure its 10 mbps, but I'm not sure. I just tried to log in to our account to double-check, but their site is down for maintenance right now. It's not the base level, but it's not the premium level either. We pay $69.99/month for the internet service.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm pretty sure its 10 mbps, but I'm not sure. I just tried to log in to our account to double-check, but their site is down for maintenance right now. It's not the base level, but it's not the premium level either. We pay $69.99/month for the internet service.
    You probably have between 75-100M at that price. Maybe 50, but probably not lower.

I'm just curious if you can run those OTT services on around 50-75M, or if you need 100 or more. Check this out when you get home please:

speedtest.net

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

You probably have between 75-100M at that price. Maybe 50, but probably not lower.

I'm just curious if you can run those OTT services on around 50-75M, or if you need 100 or more. Check this out when you get home please:

speedtest.net

Okay, got on, and the 10 mbps is the upload speed. I knew that seemed slow.

We have their "preferred" service which is "up to" 150 mbps download and "up to" 10 mbps upload. I don't know what exact average speeds we get. If I remember I'll test it this weekend.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I did some research on this before I switched over, and everything I read suggested that 25-50 should be plenty unless you're consistently going to be streaming on several devices at once. I think our plan is closer to 100 but I can check when I get home too.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I did some research on this before I switched over, and everything I read suggested that 25-50 should be plenty unless you're consistently going to be streaming on several devices at once. I think our plan is closer to 100 but I can check when I get home too.
    I was worried about this before we got our FireStick. Once I saw how well that was working, I signed up for the free preview of VUE. You can have a 5 day preview before they charge anything. I was so impressed I pulled the plug on Cox after only two days.

Some of the other reviews I've read have mentioned that VUE is better than Hulu and Sling vis-a-vis re-buffering etc. I've not tried those others, but It's not been an issue with the VUE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I have 3 modified Firesticks. Smooth 1080p at 75mbps. Pairing those with the free over air hdtv antanae is perfect. Cut the cord a year ago and should have done it 5 years ago.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Vue would of been nice if GCI internet hadn’t sucked.

I like Xfinity here in Wa. I’m kinda glad I didn’t invest into Directv, because my neighbor is having all sorts of troubles with them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I love it!

FYI:

Sony is shutting down its live TV service PlayStation Vue in January 2020

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/29/...aming-shutdown

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well that sucks. Guess it's time to research sling and YouTube.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Man, YouTube TV seems better anyway. Better channel selection and lower price.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information