Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: Playstation Vue

  1. #31

    Default

    Does anyone know anything about Static and Dynamic IP addresses?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Static and Dynamic IP addresses?
    What was your question about them?

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    What was your question about them?
    Well here's the issue. I ran into the same problem on Vue. The chat person says that I may have a Dynamic IP address. He said it uses more than one IP address or location. So when I get on Vue, it may pick up a new location, which doesn't work. He said that I need a Static IP address. Does that make sense? Also, how do I make this happen? It's sunday and I cannot reach my internet provider.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Well here's the issue. I ran into the same problem on Vue. The chat person says that I may have a Dynamic IP address. He said it uses more than one IP address or location. So when I get on Vue, it may pick up a new location, which doesn't work. He said that I need a Static IP address. Does that make sense? Also, how do I make this happen? It's sunday and I cannot reach my internet provider.
    Interesting and good information - if Vue requires a Static IP it probably means I wouldn't be interested in it as I'm doing my best not to mess with them going forward. We have so many devices here I find them to be a pain.

    Anyway I've used http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm many times to help me set up Static IPs at home. Click around there and see if it helps - your shouldn't need the help of your internet provider though my personal experience unless, possibly, you use Uverse.

    I ran into the same requirements with some of the IP cameras I've run, and Slingboxes never seem to run right with DHCP. Also sometimes gaming situations require a network with that setup. Again though, I'm trying to stick with devices going forward that don't require me to configure my network that way these days.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-10-2016 at 09:17 AM.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Interesting and good information - if Vue requires a Static IP it probably means I wouldn't be interested in it as I'm doing my best not to mess with them going forward. We have so many devices here I find them to be a pain.

    Anyway I've used http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm many times to help me set up Static IPs at home. Click around there and see if it helps - your shouldn't need the help of your internet provider though my personal experience unless, possibly, you use Uverse.

    I ran into the same requirements with some of the IP cameras I've run, and Slingboxes never seem to run right with DHCP. Also sometimes gaming situations require a network with that setup. Again though, I'm trying to stick with devices going forward that don't require me to configure my network that way these days.
    I may just stay away from PS Vue until they get this figured out. The computer guy I always go to said there's no way PS can keep expecting everyone to get Static IPs or just not get their service.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    5280!
    Adopted Bronco:
    CU's own.... Lindsay!
    Posts
    32,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    *glances up from his free 500+ channels*

    Hi Joe.
    Are 50 of them Spanish channels? Hate that about Comcast. I've called quite a few times asking to trade them out for channels I'd actually watch. Nope. Asked if they could just turn them off so they weren't in my lineup, nope. 50 useless channels.
    Last edited by GEM; 04-10-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    Its called DEFWU, Dont ever f*** with us,' Wolfe concluded of just what it is with this team. We arent going to go looking for a fight, but if you want a fight, were gonna fight you.

    I miss Nut...
    AGap - 09-18-2010 07:41 AM
    GEM, you have been a real dik lately.
    AGap - 11-28-2010 12:59 PM
    why don't you and Eric Decker get married or something. Peace out bitch (j/k)

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Are 50 of them Spanish channels? Hate that about Comcast. I've called quite a few times asking to trade them out for channels I'd actually watch. Nope. Asked if they could just turn them off so they weren't in my lineup, nope. 50 useless channels.

  8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  9. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I may just stay away from PS Vue until they get this figured out. The computer guy I always go to said there's no way PS can keep expecting everyone to get Static IPs or just not get their service.
    Well there's nothing really wrong with a Static IP setup, and it's really just a couple hour set-it-and-forget it thing - but it really starts to suck when you have a family and everyone has devices depending on what you want to set up (shared drives, etc).

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Well there's nothing really wrong with a Static IP setup, and it's really just a couple hour set-it-and-forget it thing - but it really starts to suck when you have a family and everyone has devices depending on what you want to set up (shared drives, etc).
    Most internet companies will charge for a Static IP as well. Some, like Comcast, require you to have a business account as well. With IPv6, that will probably change in the future.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    19,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Are 50 of them Spanish channels? Hate that about Comcast. I've called quite a few times asking to trade them out for channels I'd actually watch. Nope. Asked if they could just turn them off so they weren't in my lineup, nope. 50 useless channels.
    I think there are a couple in there....one of the 10 HBO's is Spanish I think, but its no big deal. I have every channel/package DirecTV has, except the adult stuff. Sunday ticket, extra innings, center ice, league pass, yada yada yada. 3 HDdvrs (genies with 6 tuners each). Total cost: $0. #winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Timmy's right
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Im the hobbit.

  12. #41

    Default

    My internet is also screwed up now. This isn't my day.

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,496

    Default

    Static IP = you get the same IP address everytime you connect to your ISP (often an additional charge).
    Dynamic IP = you may get a different IP address than the last time you signed on. This allows your ISP to carry fewer IPs using a DHCP server to pass them out to users as they log in.
    The Playstation Vue is apparently using your IP address to track who you are and if yours keeps changing because your ISP is passing out different ones each time you log in, your Vue thinks you've hacked into their programming.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  14. #43

    Default

    I called my ISP and they said it would be $20 a month for a Static IP.

  15. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,496

    Default

    That's not unusual but, remember, you're saving money by dropping satellite/cable, right?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  16. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    That's not unusual but, remember, you're saving money by dropping satellite/cable, right?
    Not really, if I'm adding $20 a month.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Playstation 4
    By Dapper Dan in forum Video Games
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 07:46 PM
  2. Playstation 4
    By sneakers in forum Video Games
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 05:55 PM
  3. Playstation 3 questions
    By BOSSHOGG30 in forum Video Games
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group