Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Siemian-- what do you think?

Default Trevor Siemian-- what do you think?

Ok, so what are your thoughts on Trevor Siemian?

I don't recall watching much of him in preseason, as I was real curious about Osweiler, the line and RBs and pretty much tuned out after Oz left the games.

I watched Siemian on NFL Rewind/Game Pass last night in the 2nd half of the fourth game, and I can't say I was very impressed.

The Cardinals were getting a lot of pressure on him, and that was definitely a factor, but he missed a lot of throws. Most of the ones he hit were short throws between the numbers.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

The little I can recall off hand is that he did very well in preseason and in camp. Any chance this guy is actually a better QB then Brock is or ever will be? Lol
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hard to really say since we've never seen him play against actual NFL talent. I know people like Mase have said Denver doesn't think he's anywhere close to ready, which is why they are trying to bring in multiple QBs this offseason. I think it's safe to say he will turn out like the majority of late round QB picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Unfortunately for Trevor there just isnt anything to go on. Most of any work he has is against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He has nice movement in the pocket and good arm but without much time vs top tier NFL players its just to hard to gauge where he is at right now and with Sanchez here and either Kap or a draft prospect coming in it looks like Denver is not ready to throw him into the fire. There is a slight chance he could pull a Russell Wilson but im thinking he will probably remain a backup at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

What little I've seen and read about him I've liked. He certainly has a strong arm and seems to be a smart QB who has a good understanding of Kubiaks offense based on comments I've read from Peyton, Brock and Kubes. He looked good in preseason and had a strong camp. Kind of a enigma at this point but I have hope for the kid.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    What little I've seen and read about him I've liked. He certainly has a strong arm and seems to be a smart QB who has a good understanding of Kubiaks offense based on comments I've read from Peyton, Brock and Kubes. He looked good in preseason and had a strong camp. Kind of a enigma at this point but I have hope for the kid.
    So basically the second coming of Brent Oswhiner?

I thought he showed promise. Good poise and delivery. I liked more out of what I saw of him in his first preseason than I did out of Brock's first three preseasons.

Lots of guys show promise though that doesn't pan out. Just have to wait and see. My hope is that he grew enough to compete with Sanchez in camp. I really don't like Sanchez.

He's a long shot for sure but I'll remain optimistic until proven otherwise.

Kurt Warner was undrafted!

10. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I thought he showed promise. Good poise and delivery. I liked more out of what I saw of him in his first preseason than I did out of Brock's first three preseasons.

Lots of guys show promise though that doesn't pan out. Just have to wait and see. My hope is that he grew enough to compete with Sanchez in camp. I really don't like Sanchez.
    I disgree, Brock played very well last preseason. Siemian had good arm but who did he go up against? I would suspect that most of the guys Siemian faced off against didn't make the teams they were on.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I disgree, Brock played very well last preseason. Siemian had good arm but who did he go up against? I would suspect that most of the guys Siemian faced off against didn't make the teams they were on.
    Last preseason was his 4th. I said his first 3. I agree that he played better last preseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Last preseason was his 4th. I said his first 3. I agree that he played better last preseason.
    Dysert did well his first preseason and went down hill after that. Brock's last two preseason were good from what I remember.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I don't even remember him playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don't even remember him playing.
    I remember him playing against the Seahawks and did a nice job in the limited time he was on the field.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Dysert did well his first preseason and went down hill after that. Brock's last two preseason were good from what I remember.
    That's why I said he had promise and that other guys have shown promise but didn't pan out. Brock's previous preseasons he had happy feet, looked jittery, and bumbled around. Made some nice passes, but didn't look poised or composed. He looked better this preseason.

It ain't a big deal to like Siemian and hope he does well.

18. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Give Siemian a chance with the #1s and I hope he does well!

20. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information