Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trevor Siemian-- what do you think?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I doubt he sees much action with the ones. If we enter camp with Sanchez as the only real veteran than you can fully expect him to take most of the reps with that squad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I doubt he will do much. If he showed much promise then Oz would not have been offered a big contract. But he will get a chance against a rookie for depth position.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

If I base it solely on his college performance...I cant get excited about him at all. Practice squad fodder for life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I doubt he will do much. If he showed much promise then Oz would not have been offered a big contract. But he will get a chance against a rookie for depth position.
    There was a lot invested in Osweiler and with his showing in the regular season he was offered the contract. I don't known what they think of Siemian other than he has shown some promise.

6. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Should make a nice backup once he's detoxed all the spread out of his system.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Should make a nice backup once he's detoxed all the spread out of his system.
    Maybe.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

The Broncos coaching staff proved last year that they're willing to give the younger guys a lot more reps than we saw under Fox I think if they actually do like him that will see quite a bit of him during training camp and preseason

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I honestly don't agree with this a whole lot. Oz became a relatively known commodity. But from everything that we're hearing from the front office and the coaching staff they really like Trevor and his upside. Oz contract situation is essentially mutually exclusive

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I did not like Siemian in college much. I was actually very impressed with his camp, and with his on-field demeanor and rough skills as a pro. He flashed better than Oz his first two years, IMO. Siemian seems to have the short memory that good corners have... and that either very good or very bad QBs have. He has enough arm, he orchestrated the team's drill well... For a first showing I thought it was quite promising, even if I wouldn't exactly hand him the keys based on it.

Kubes and Elway seemed to really like him as well, which is a good sign. He might just be Hoyer-like, but he's got NFL-potential. I don't think he's nothing. I'm glad he's not being promoted to first-string this offseason though.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    He's a long shot for sure but I'll remain optimistic until proven otherwise.

Kurt Warner was undrafted!
    Yup. In the 1994 draft. So, that can happen once every few decades. Like Tom Brady being drafted in the 6th round 16 years ago.

As a 7th round pick, Trevor Siemian isn't likely to ever become an NFL starter, but the Broncos like him and plan to keep him around this year so we'll see. He'll certainly have a chance to earn a backup role on this team, especially if they don't sign Kaepernick and start the season with Sanchez, Siemian, and a rookie draft pick as their QBs. He could even wind up starting if Sanchez got hurt.

Let's hope not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I did not like Siemian in college much. I was actually very impressed with his camp, and with his on-field demeanor and rough skills as a pro. He flashed better than Oz his first two years, IMO. Siemian seems to have the short memory that good corners have... and that either very good or very bad QBs have. He has enough arm, he orchestrated the team's drill well... For a first showing I thought it was quite promising, even if I wouldn't exactly hand him the keys based on it.

Kubes and Elway seemed to really like him as well, which is a good sign. He might just be Hoyer-like, but he's got NFL-potential. I don't think he's nothing. I'm glad he's not being promoted to first-string this offseason though.
    The same was Dysert three years ago. Some people thought he flashed more promise than Osweiler in his first camp and then he went down hill from there.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information