Thread: Georgia: Pull your pants up or get fined

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Georgia: Pull your pants up or get fined

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/...d-in-dublin-ga

Just one month after a Bronx judge tossed out a summons issued to a man for wearing saggy pants, the mayor of Dublin, Ga. has passed a baggy pants ban into law.

• SUSAN SERMONETA

The New York judge ruled in late July that wearing low-slung pants might be considered "distasteful" and "foolish," but that doesn't make it illegal. He wrote: "People can dress as they please, wear anything, so long as they do not offend public order and decency...the Constitution still leaves some opportunity for people to be foolish if they so desire."

But Dublin mayor Phil Best disagrees. He says it's a matter of mutual respect, and, on Tuesday, Best signed an amendment to the municipality's indecent exposure ordinance prohibiting the wearing of pants or skirts "more than three inches below the top of the hips exposing the skin or undergarments." Exposure due to baggy clothing in now in the same category as masturbation, fornication and urination in public places.

And those caught with their "pants on the ground" won't just have to pull them up... they'll have to pay up, too. Violators could face fines up to $200.

lol that's not baggy pants though. I think that's an awesome law!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

They could always hire these guys to patrol and enforce:

Or just let the issue take care of itself:

Seriously though I think this is kind of a dumb issue. Like the one judge says it shows poor fashion sense but its not illegal. Plus I don't want them suddenly saying college girls can't walk around with yoga pants on. Well, most of them anyway. Some of them should be arrested. Actually can we be allowed to beat people that wear pajama bottoms at the store?

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

"Dat's jes rayciss"
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just shoot them and put 'em out of their misery.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

That is seriously the stupidest fashion statement I think I've ever seen. Pull your effing pants up dammit!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    They could always hire these guys to patrol and enforce:

Or just let the issue take care of itself:

Seriously though I think this is kind of a dumb issue. Like the one judge says it shows poor fashion sense but its not illegal. Plus I don't want them suddenly saying college girls can't walk around with yoga pants on. Well, most of them anyway. Some of them should be arrested. Actually can we be allowed to beat people that wear pajama bottoms at the store?
    Or, for a while college girls were running around in men's boxers. Can't outlaw that shit.

I find it irritating and stupid, but not sure why it should be illegal.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Or, for a while college girls were running around in men's boxers. Can't outlaw that shit.

It's beyond dumb to make illegal. But, these idiots hopefully one day will realize how absolutely stupid they look.

Doubt it, but in an America where Trump can be the leading candidate, anything can happen!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Agreed. Too much of a slippery slope to start telling people how to dress no matter how stupid it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Just shoot them and put 'em out of their misery.
    #makeAmericagreatagain
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

#LOLSouthernStates

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    #makeAmericagreatagain
    Slim, Joe... I think he's coming around.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Slim, Joe... I think he's coming around.
    Oh, no. I'm mocking you.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Showing your boxers isn't typically considered to be indecent exposure, so this is a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information