Poll: As a community, should we change the banning process

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll about bans

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Default Poll about bans

To keep it simple, do we need to make changes as a community or not?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Out of curiosity, what all information are we talking about being more transparent with?

The ban log states the date banned, duration, and reason. Anyone can go in there and research other times that person was banned, etc. Beyond the fact that Shane was banned for one month for "consistent spamming" and has been banned twice before, what more does everyone want to know?

I don't think us sharing conversations with someone who has been banned, or conversations amongst the moderator staff, how each moderator voted, etcetera would be appropriate. Outside of those additional items I can't think of what else anyone would want or need to know.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Out of curiosity, what all information are we talking about being more transparent with? The ban log states the date banned, duration, and reason. Anyone can go in there and research other times that person was banned, etc. Beyond the fact that Shane was banned for one month for "consistent spamming" and has been banned twice before, what more does everyone want to know? I don't think us sharing conversations with someone who has been banned, or conversations amongst the moderator staff, how each moderator voted, etcetera would be appropriate. Outside of those additional items I can't think of what else anyone would want or need to know.
    I guess if people want a change the specifics will be agreed in a separate thread.

If everyone is content with the current system, there is no point exploring it.

4. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

are you asking who reported their posts that started the entire conversation? I don't think that should be shared either.....

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im not entirely sure what Dave wants to know what was said but im guessing he would like to know what is said behind closed doors whether Shane ignored the warnings or if he said some derogatory things to the mods in response, etc. Just a guess but thats kind of what im taking from what he is asking. I guess he feels that a member trolling or spamming is a little to vague or not good enough to warrant a ban. Personally, i like the rules as they are and agree that anything that is discussed between Mods and the offenders should be between them. However, if other people can give more input maybe i would change my stance but like i said ive been in the mod position before and its a thankless job for a bunch of whiney babies on this forum (including myself) who cant follow simple rules.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I'm not asking for anything at present.

I just want to know if enough people are interested in changing some processes surrounding bans.

Majority rules.

Often people complain about bans, I am just offering the opportunity to quantify those concerns and if enough people want to review the rules... Great, if not, next time there is a ban, people need to suck it up

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Why is this such a big deal. In the last year, there have hardly been many bans at all. I think we do a pretty decent job of NOT banning members. Take a look at the ban list.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...abled-accounts
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Why is this such a big deal. In the last year, there have hardly been many bans at all. I think we do a pretty decent job of NOT banning members. Take a look at the ban list. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...abled-accounts
    Maybe it's not a big deal. That's the point in the poll

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Why is this such a big deal. In the last year, there have hardly been many bans at all. I think we do a pretty decent job of NOT banning members. Take a look at the ban list.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...abled-accounts

I think there are a handful of people who believe Shane doesnt deserve to be banned and as Dave put it he would like to stick up for him because he feels the mods cannot do their job impartially. At least that is what i gathered from his comments so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I'm not asking for anything at present.

I just want to know if enough people are interested in changing some processes surrounding bans.

Majority rules.

Often people complain about bans, I am just offering the opportunity to quantify those concerns and if enough people want to review the rules... Great, if not, next time there is a ban, people need to suck it up
    Actually, majority doesn't rule (you would have to go back to some early threads to understand why, I don't want to muddy this thread with the explanation), but that aside, we should always be taking the pulse of the community and making sure that BF is being run the way the community at large wants it to be run.

I say cheers to you for asking the tough question.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think there are a handful of people who believe Shane doesnt deserve to be banned and as Dave put it he would like to stick up for him because he feels the mods cannot do their job impartially. At least that is what i gathered from his comments so far.
    I honestly don't think this is about Shane as Dave has brought this up before and discussed this before. If people want to see some changes we're certainly more than open to it.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol. I can't argue with that, because it is what I said, but not quite what I intended to mean.

If enough people support a change I will address my thoughts further!

19. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I don't think the reason of a ban being disclosed would serve any purpose other than gossip and an attack on the MODS.

Let's remember: The MODS do this on their own time, are not paid, and are purely interested in keeping this site manageable.

That said, we should create a gang of ASSMODS. Fellow Freaks will understand...

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If people want to see some changes we're certainly more than open to it.
    And if they don't, I will have no issue!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I was using Shane as the example because he just happens to be the current guy on vacation.

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information