Poll: As a community, should we change the banning process

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll about bans

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I don't think the reason of a ban being disclosed would serve any purpose other than gossip and an attack on the MODS. Let's remember: The MODS do this on their own time, are not paid, and are purely interested in keeping this site manageable. That said, we should create a gang of ASSMODS. Fellow Freaks will understand...
    It's not about the reasons being disclosed, this poll is more general than that.

The specifics can be discussed if enough people want something to change!

That's why this is a two question poll. is there room for improvement... Or not

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    It's not about the reasons being disclosed, this poll is more general than that.

The specifics can be discussed if enough people want something to change!

That's why this is a two question poll. is there room for improvement... Or not
    It's dumb, Dave. Embrace your idiocy!

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I can already see this poll failing. There are 4 votes for keeping it as is but there is a missing chad from the index of names. Shenanigans i tell you!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I can already see this poll failing. There are 4 votes for keeping it as is but there is a missing chad from the index of names. Shenanigans i tell you!
    Holy crap, a REAL conspiracy... It shows 4 but there are only 3 names! GET THE BROOMS!

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Perma bans are the only thing I dont like. Those should be for guys like the 9inch italian donger, the guy who said he would sue Tned, etc. Those chumps get the perma.

No one else, super annoying, trolling, midget, complete asshat like BroncoWarrior or anything else should get a perma ban. They can do their time over and over again, but not a perma. Most all of them are completely harmless. Even Chef Zambini- a total moron whom I find Hilarious! did nothing to really really deserve the Perma. WTE falls in that bunch, so does MO, dream, and a few others.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, one problem with transparency is fear of fascist Tned and mods. IMHO, discussions are better than polls, but if you are going to do a poll to get enough support for a discussion, then making it a private (rather than public) poll is probably the way to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Well, one problem with transparency is fear of fascist Tned and mods. IMHO, discussions are better than polls, but if you are going to do a poll to get enough support for a discussion, then making it a private (rather than public) poll is probably the way to go.
    Transparency Tned, say it with me!

I voted to leave things as they are - but don't feel strongly about it.

While sure, I'd be interested in more of all the juicy behind the scenes details (the gossip element Joe called it) - but I just can't recall seriously disagreeing with a ban recently.

This last one seems a little harsh but whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

this is pretty vague and leaves me wondering what exactly your motives are in all of this

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    This last one seems a little harsh but whatever...
    I guess this my point. If people find it harsh, do they want to do something or not.

You picked not, that's cool.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Perma bans are the only thing I dont like. Those should be for guys like the 9inch italian donger, the guy who said he would sue Tned, etc. Those chumps get the perma.

No one else, super annoying, trolling, midget, complete asshat like BroncoWarrior or anything else should get a perma ban. They can do their time over and over again, but not a perma. Most all of them are completely harmless. Even Chef Zambini- a total moron whom I find Hilarious! did nothing to really really deserve the Perma. WTE falls in that bunch, so does MO, dream, and a few others.
    The only problem with this is it probably causes the mods way more of a headache than it's worth, just banning and rebanning the same 20 people every month. I mean, at some point you have to act like an adult and follow the rules on here. I have been banned my fair share of times, so I toned it down and started ignoring people I don't get along with. It's not hard. I don't really feel sorry for anyone who can't embrace that and don't really have a problem with them being banned. WTE and HotCarl are really the only two permabans I have ever disagreed with, but it seems like WTE doesn't even want to come back so there is no point in me bitching about it.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

To keep it simple, do we need to make changes as a community or not?
    Dave's pole is getting beat.

probably in more ways than one

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The only problem with this is it probably causes the mods way more of a headache than it's worth, just banning and rebanning the same 20 people every month. I mean, at some point you have to act like an adult and follow the rules on here. I have been banned my fair share of times, so I toned it down and started ignoring people I don't get along with. It's not hard. I don't really feel sorry for anyone who can't embrace that and don't really have a problem with them being banned. WTE and HotCarl are really the only two permabans I have ever disagreed with, but it seems like WTE doesn't even want to come back so there is no point in me bitching about it.
    Pretty much.

I mean, how difficult is it not to spam the board when you know its against the board rules that everyone agreed upon? I think sometimes people just want to skip personal accountability and blame everyone else instead of the people at the heart of the matter.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Dave's pole is getting beat. probably in more ways than one
    Lol..

It's not about my poll getting beat it is about giving those who complain the opportunity to affect change.

Or not.

seems like a pretty ambiguous poll. Couldn't vote.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information