Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NFL Competition Committee Move Touchback to 25 ***MERGED***

I don't want special teams limited for player safety. I want them removed because it's shitty football. 'Look guys, here's a bunch of guys who can barely stay in the league'. Look how good they are.

Kickers are pussies. ST's players usually suck at the game. FFS, when a game is heavily altered by special teams, it feels awful. In 2009 Cincinnati beat Pittsburgh in Pitt in a game where the score was like 12-10 or something like that. It was a brutal game. The type of game that makes you want to bathe in the blood of your enemies, burn their territory to the ground, salt the earth. It was glorious. Yet one of the biggest plays in the game was when we had a long return, I don't recall if it was a punt or a kickoff.

It wasn't our best players on that huge play making the difference; just a bunch of backups and the weaker rotational guys. I stand by my intern doing the closing arguments analogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

King/Keeper, I'm confused as to where you stand on the issue. Can you clarify please?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    King/Keeper, I'm confused as to where you stand on the issue. Can you clarify please?
    I think he is in favor of giving special teams a larger role in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think he is in favor of giving special teams a larger role in the game.
    I believe he stated how much he likes kickers and special team players. But, I'm not clear on his opinion. I need more input.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

So.. shouldn't this be renamed to touchforward then?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I believe he stated how much he likes kickers and special team players. But, I'm not clear on his opinion. I need more input.
    It was a bit ambiguous. If he's gonna be an attorney, he is going to need to work on his communication skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It was a bit ambiguous. If he's gonna be an attorney, he is going to need to work on his communication skills.
    Frankly, I'm disappointed in his expression of opinion here. Pretty vague, really.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Meh. I don't mind the league trying to reduce the amount of kickoff returns, but IMO the kickoff still needs to be a part of the game. Simply just starting at the 25 at the beginning of the half or after a score seems to just cheapen the game. It'll make it seem more like an scrimmage than an actual game. I like that the ball has to be kicked in order to change possession. Maybe the kickoff has begun to be more like a formality than something entirely necessary to the game, but it's hard to imagine football without it. That's just me though.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

so if I got this straight... keeper wants moar kickoffs and thinks they should replace TD passes with kicks through the uprights. Didn't he also state that every 3rd down should be played by the practice squad and that missed field goals should count for 2 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

12. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    I don't want special teams limited for player safety. I want them removed because it's shitty football. 'Look guys, here's a bunch of guys who can barely stay in the league'. Look how good they are.

Kickers are pussies. ST's players usually suck at the game. FFS, when a game is heavily altered by special teams, it feels awful. In 2009 Cincinnati beat Pittsburgh in Pitt in a game where the score was like 12-10 or something like that. It was a brutal game. The type of game that makes you want to bathe in the blood of your enemies, burn their territory to the ground, salt the earth. It was glorious. Yet one of the biggest plays in the game was when we had a long return, I don't recall if it was a punt or a kickoff.

It wasn't our best players on that huge play making the difference; just a bunch of backups and the weaker rotational guys. I stand by my intern doing the closing arguments analogy.
    Lame
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Keeper, I highly recommend the movie "Gus" (1976) for you. It's hilarious, and right up your alley. You can't beat Don Knotts, Tim Conway, Ed Asner & Dick Butkus!

http://video.disney.com/watch/gus-tr...39c2b6f1045dfd

I just don't see what the big deal is. College has had this rule for a couple of years and the game has been fine.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

16. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I just don't see what the big deal is. College has had this rule for a couple of years and the game has been fine.
    Nah dude, moving the touchback up 5 yards is just going to fundamentally change football as we know it! Next thing you know they are gonna get rid of tackling!

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Nah dude, moving the touchback up 5 yards is just going to fundamentally change football as we know it! Next thing you know they are gonna get rid of tackling!
    We all know you are in favor of ANY and EVERY rule that the NFL offers as long as they state the "its for player safety" tagline to it. Your bleeding heart is well documented, just as your willingness to forgo the game.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information