Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Competition Committee Move Touchback to 25 ***MERGED***

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Lol why do you hate kickers? They can determine the outcome of a game. Pretty important position I would think.
    It sucks that such an otherwise mediocre person is so pivotal. They fact that such relevance is placed into the hands, or leg I suppose, or a person who plays so little bothers me. Look at Jim Kelly, he doesn't have a ring by in large because of a kicker. Look at Tom Brady, he has several rings that other players have only because his kicker was better than theirs. It would be like having a sick ass lawyer work an entire case and then letting an office intern deliver closing statements. **** that shit, man.

If we get rid of kickers and special teams then that gets rid of alot of other hopeful players that want to become a starter one day. Just like David Bruton or Terrell Davis, both made their marks playing special teams in the NFL. It just gives guys a shot at making it.

So do you want to see field goals, the kickoff or punts eliminated all together? Or just tweaked somehow. I know kickoffs are the most dangerous play but it's also the most exciting, for me at least.

#lacesout
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

If we get rid of kickers and special teams then that gets rid of alot of other hopeful players that want to become a starter one day. Just like David Bruton or Terrell Davis, both made their marks playing special teams in the NFL. It just gives guys a shot at making it.

So do you want to see field goals, the kickoff or punts eliminated all together? Or just tweaked somehow. I know kickoffs are the most dangerous play but it's also the most exciting, for me at least.

#lacesout
    If those guys wanted to be starters they should have been better in a more obvious and direct measure. I hate underdog stories in regards to sports.

Field Goals have to stay. The kickoff can go. Punts have to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

#lacesout
    I hate underdog stories in regards to sports.

Your heart is black. Lol

4. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's up there pretty far but need help getting it back out.
    I think slim is your guy for that. He is an expert on butt stuff.

Your heart is black. Lol

The teams that I root for that are successful are Kentucky basketball, the Boston Celtics, and the Chicago Blackhawks. My entire family when to UK, it's a tradition. I became a Boston fan when Pitino went there to coach from UK, and I started enjoying hockey and I live in Illinois, ergo a 'Hawks fan.

Yet my underdog Reds and Bengals consistently let me down.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Your heart is black. Lol

The teams that I root for that are successful are Kentucky basketball, the Boston Celtics, and the Chicago Blackhawks. My entire family when to UK, it's a tradition. I became a Boston fan when Pitino went there to coach from UK, and I started enjoying hockey and I live in Illinois, ergo a 'Hawks fan.

Since we're on the topic of underdogs, how do you like AJ McCarron? He seemed pretty solid with the exception of the botched snap vs Denver.

Since we're on the topic of underdogs, how do you like AJ McCarron? He seemed pretty solid with the exception of the botched snap vs Denver.
    He will be a serviceable backup but might have potential to do a little bit more; if he comes into his own as a starter he could be a very fine game manager with a bit of playmaking potential.

If they're that worried about player safety they may as well get rid of offensive and defensive lines too. Those are the guys who take a real beating.

10. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If they're that worried about player safety they may as well get rid of offensive and defensive lines too. Those are the guys who take a real beating.
    I'm sorry, but this is a huge hot take argument. You can take away elements of special teams that don't really fundamentally change the game. Yeah taking away kickoffs would change the game a little, but it would still be 98% the same. Taking away the lines is something that would fundamentally change the game. Obviously you can never make the game 100% safe, but if you can only change 2% of the game yet greatly improve the safety of it, then that's an easy decision.

Too bad you didn't follow Pitino to Louisville too

they should replace the football with a beach ball, that thing is pointy!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

14. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Too bad you didn't follow Pitino to Louisville too
    We don't betray UK.

Default NFL Competition Committee Move Touchback to 25 Yard Line

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...321-story.html

There has been more buzz about the NFL competition committee's recommendation to make two unsportsmanlike-conduct penalties by the same player in the same game an automatic ejection, but the reality is that situation is rarely going to arise.

However, the committee's proposal to move touchbacks to the 25-yard line from the 20 will have a far greater impact on the game if the rule change is passed when it's voted on Wednesday morning at the NFL's annual meetings...
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Crap..forgot to fininsh the title. "NFL Competition Committee moves touchbacks to 25".
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

18. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Moving a touchback up to the 25 hard line seems like a fair thing to do.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information