View Poll Results: How many tackles did Ronnie Hillman break last year?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • Lol, are you serious? ****!

13 32.50%
  • A few here and there

17 42.50%
  • A good, solid number

4 10.00%
  • Just as many as CJ Anderson

0 0%
  • He reminded me of Earl Campbell

4 10.00%
  • Hoes is still a dirtbag

10 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How many tackles did Ronnie Hillman break last year

Orlando Franklin pushes him into the end zone and you call that breaking tackles? Then you show another video where he gets brought down by the first Pitt player to get a hand on him.

Come on man!

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Orlando Franklin pushes him into the end zone and you call that breaking tackles? Then you show another video where he gets brought down by the first Pitt player to get a hand on him.

Come on man!
    Hillman plowed through that SF linebacker. It didn't really look like Franklin gave him that much help. And in the pitt video it shows 3 runs. Watch the second one. First gets hit 4 yards past the LOS and gains 8 or 9 on the play.

Look, I'm not saying the guy breaks tackles on every play or breaks as many as CJ. I know you guys like to exaggerate and put words in my mouth, but I just haven't said anything of the sort.

All I said it that he breaks more tackles than he gets credit for, and doesn't go down with every attempt at an arm tackle as has been said. One thing that can't be debated is that is puts up very similar numbers to CJ. Is CJ better, sure, never said he wasn't. But he's not leaps and bounds better like some try to say.

When CJ can put together a whole season as the starter without limping off the field at least once per game and put up big numbers in the process, I will concede the point that he is some stud worthy of a huge contract that is way better than Hillman.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Just clicked Dog's link and those are 2014 stats. No shit Hillman was so low. I think he made big strides in 2015 in his ability to break tackles. If someone can find 2015 stats and show that Hillman's yards after contact was just as bad, I'll concede the point.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    All I said it that he breaks more tackles than he gets credit for, and doesn't go down with every attempt at an arm tackle as has been said.
    Nor have I said he succumbs to every arm tackle. To provide a less theatrical assessment of Hillman, I would say he is more likely to be arm tackled than the average NFL RB. I believe stats posted have supported this conclusion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Nor have I said he succumbs to every arm tackle. To provide a less theatrical assessment of Hillman, I would say he is more likely to be arm tackled than the average NFL RB. I believe stats posted have supported this conclusion.
    2014 stats. Like I said, I think he improved in this regard in 2015. From what I can find on google, no one has posted 2015 stats for broken tackles or yards after contact. Looks like all the 2014 articles weren't posted until May or later. Might be a little while before we get those stats for this past season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...after-contact/

See CJ on the "Highest Percentage of Runs with 10+ Yards After Contact" list.

See Ronnie on the "Highest Percentage of Runs with No Yards After Contact" list.

EDIT: Might be from 2014. Posted cause 2015 is in the URL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...after-contact/

See CJ on the "Highest Percentage of Runs with 10+ Yards After Contact" list.

See Ronnie on the "Highest Percentage of Runs with No Yards After Contact" list.
    That's the exact same article of 2014 stats that dog posted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    like i'm gonna spend the time to dig up your quotes!

i will leave you this, though. . .

CJ was in the top ten last year for percentage of runs with 10+ yards after contact. . . your boy was in the BOTTOM ten for both lowest percentage of runs with 3+ yards after contact, and highest percentage of runs with no yards after contact. . . of the measured backs, only three other guys had more runs with no yards after contact. . . hillman has zero power or toughness, and everyone can see that except you. . .
    I posted this fun fact yesterday. I notice he didn't respond to either of us. I wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I posted this fun fact yesterday. I notice he didn't respond to either of us. I wonder why?
    I've responded to this article twice now. Would you like me to do so again?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah, this is fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hillman is surprisingly tough fer a squirt, but dude good luck with your campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

BTB's inards adorn the halls of this thread. Brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would be getting skewered if I were using two year old stats to try to prove my point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Hillman is the Tebow of RB's.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Hillman is the Tebow of RB's.
    Without the awesome will to win and overall badassness. Sorry, I'm still a guy who likes Tebow and found his time here to be enjoyable and exciting. I don't want him back though, don't mistake me for one of those folks.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information