Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    They are "saying" they will keep him so that people simply don't wait for the release. But everyone knows that's what they ar doing, so eventually they will have to accept a trade. However, 13 million for a veteran starting QB is cheap. So they could just see how the draft plays out for them, then decide if they want to trade him away as someone will surely take the 11.9 salary by itself if they needed to.
    Right, that's certainly possible (that they'd trade him after the draft). I'm just saying that after 4/1, he's not getting cut. So he's either on their team or they have to find a trade partner. They could bluff all the way up to 3/31 if they wanted to and then cut him anyway. I really don't know exactly what their plan is over there.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Right, that's certainly possible (that they'd trade him after the draft). I'm just saying that after 4/1, he's not getting cut. So he's either on their team or they have to find a trade partner. They could bluff all the way up to 3/31 if they wanted to and then cut him anyway. I really don't know exactly what their plan is over there.
    Yeah, and $12M of cap's a lot to gamble when it costs teams nothing and gains them much to delay a trade till April. At that point SF would be desperate to unload a guy costing $12M and wholly unwilling to stay: Advantage, EVERYONE else. Still may be worth more than cutting him to avoid releasing him and getting nothing, but not MUCH more. Certainly not a late 2nd nor early 3rd round pick; they'd be lucky to get what we got for Tebow (whom we could've kept if we disliked the offers.)

I won't lie though, I'd LMFAO if they can't find a trade, pay the guarantee, STILL can't fight a trade and Kaep holds out from camp.

SF: *sigh* FINE, what will it take for you to report to camp?

Kaep: A plane ticket....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

According to two reports, five teams are considering trading for Ryan Clady.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Really?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I read a report by Jason Cole of Bleacher report. His reporting/rumors/sources are brutal. He's the ultimate throw shit on a wall and see if any sticks. His Broncos reporting is incredibly inaccurate.

The second source that is reporting that teams are interested in trading for Clady...hopefully they're accurate, cause I put NO faith in Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    I read a report by Jason Cole of Bleacher report. His reporting/rumors/sources are brutal. He's the ultimate throw shit on a wall and see if any sticks. His Broncos reporting is incredibly inaccurate.

The second source that is reporting that teams are interested in trading for Clady...hopefully they're accurate, cause I put NO faith in Cole.
    I hadn't seen any reports from the usual suspects. And I agree not to trust Jason Cole as a source. If that's the best source right now, I wouldn't buy it

Of course teams are willing to trade for Clady..why wouldn't they considering how BAD so many OL's were this last season? Top OL are a NEEDED comodity, and if you have to take a chance that the OL that has had injury problems in the past, then you'll do it. They are too important, and the QB is too important. How many back-ups did we see in the NFL last year at QB?? A bunch!

So yeah.. I can see Clady being a guy teams would be willing to trade for, absolutely.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    If that report is to be believed, if the 49ers have him on their roster as of 4/1, his salary for 2016 becomes guaranteed. So there'd be no way they're cutting him after being stuck for $11.9 million. They could gamble that somebody would need a QB late in the game and then trade him, or they could release him before 4/1. Or they could just keep him, which is what they're saying to the media anyway.
    It's not as simple as that. While they do have $60M under the cap and have done absolutely nothing in FA so far, keeping him for the entire season will cost more than $11.9M. That's just the guaranteed portion of his salary.

His contract is as follows:

2016 Base Salary: $11.9M. This is the portion that is guaranteed if he's on the roster April 1.

Pro-rated Signing bonus: $2,465,753

Roster Bonus: $1,125,000. I don't know when this kicks in, but since everybody is talking about $11M guaranteed, it does not appear to be April 1. But at some point they'd have to pay him this portion as well.

Workout Bonus: $400,000. He's going to easily earn this as well since Chip Kelly has just said they will be working him out as soon as he reports.

Total Cap Hit for 2016: $15,890,753 if they keep him all season.

Dead-Cap Space if they cut him prior top April 1: $7,397,260 (mostly the unearned seasons of the pro-rated signing bonus).

It's just crazy to keep him, unless they plan on starting him. But, if they do that, what do they do with Blaine Gabbert who won the starting job last year by outplaying Kaepernick? I suppose Chip Kelly could be crazy enough to pay his backup $16M and his starter $6M but it's not going to make either QB happy.

And $12.3M is a lot to eat on a contract just to try and make the Broncos, Jets or Browns cough up a 2nd round pick when they are not going to do that. They reached agreement with the Browns but the Browns want Kaep to take $8M (backup money) to come in for a year until Jared Goff or Carson Wentz is ready and he doesn't want to do that. He wants to start.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-19-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Brevity is beautiful. Think about it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It's not as simple as that. While they do have $60M under the cap and have done absolutely nothing in FA so far, keeping him for the entire season will cost more than $11.9M. That's just the guaranteed portion of his salary.

His contract is as follows:

2016 Base Salary: $11.9M. This is the portion that is guaranteed if he's on the roster April 1.

Pro-rated Signing bonus: $2,465,753

Roster Bonus: $1,125,000. I don't know when this kicks in, but since everybody is talking about $11M guaranteed, it does not appear to be April 1. But at some point they'd have to pay him this portion as well.

Workout Bonus: $400,000. He's going to easily earn this as well since Chip Kelly has just said they will be working him out as soon as he reports.

Total Cap Hit for 2016: $15,890,753 if they keep him all season.

Dead-Cap Space if they cut him prior top April 1: $7,397,260 (mostly the unearned seasons of the pro-rated signing bonus).

It's just crazy to keep him, unless they plan on starting him. But, if they do that, what do they do with Blaine Gabbert who won the starting job last year by outplaying Kaepernick? I suppose Chip Kelly could be crazy enough to pay his backup $16M and his starter $6M but it's not going to make either QB happy.

And $12.3M is a lot to eat on a contract just to try and make the Broncos, Jets or Browns cough up a 2nd round pick when they are not going to do that. They reached agreement with the Browns but the Browns want Kaep to take $8M (backup money) to come in for a year until Jared Goff or Carson Wentz is ready and he doesn't want to do that. He wants to start.
    But 15 million for thes starter isn't over paying for a starting vet QB. So they absolutely could start him, and if he gets beat out by Gabbert, again, in t his system...then the money that is being spent for 2 QBs isnt' that much different than if the starter was the one getting paid more.

So although I agree that the plan is either to trade him, or start him, I think that Kaep has a chance to start in Kelly's system (as it seems absolutely perfect for him).
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post

Pipes, I think Cole is writing John Elway's autobiography, that's a pretty good source.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

The problem is neither Kelly nor Kaep want him in SF. On paper, keeping Kaep is fine because Gabbert beating him out for half a season as the organization imploded means nothing (especially with a new coach in charge.) But Kelly can't afford to immediately blow it AGAIN, and keeping a locker room cancer he doesn't want in the first place would be a great way to do just that. And if he DOES try to get "his guy" when one of the top 2016 prospect is likely to be there at #7, then what?

Frankly, I think this whole thing part of the enduring legacy of a team so talented it reached 3 straight NFCCGs and nearly won a SB, but wound up with NOTHING because its management's so dysfunctional. A cautionary tale of how finding loads of talent helps no one but the competition unless the team can keep it onboard.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Pipes, I think Cole is writing John Elway's autobiography, that's a pretty good source.
    Never heard of a fiction autobiography. That should be interesting.

Maybe he's a good author, I don't know. I do know his sources on NFL breaking news are crap.
    But seriously, he hasn't been correct on ANYTHING his sources have spewed about the Broncos-that I have seen.
    And if you google the topic, it's a widespread opinion that most share. (NFL not just Denver)

20. The Following User High Fived pipes For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Brevity is beautiful. Think about it.
    Yea

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information