Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitter Brock

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Gonna be sooooooo awkward when Brock goes to visit the White House with the Broncos.....

2. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Gonna be sooooooo awkward when Brock goes to visit the White House with the Broncos.....
    His invite was lost in the mail.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: Brock Osweiler's decision not just about money, getting benched

There are two sides to every story, and in the wake of Brock Osweiler spurning the Broncos to sign a four-year, $72 million deal with the Texans, we're hearing both.

Broncos president John Elway didn't mince words Wednesday, saying "We've stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be Denver Broncos and want to be here."

Meanwhile, Osweiler's decision wasn't just about money, according to Yahoo.com's Charles Robinson, but went back to the 2015 season, when coach Gary Kubiak benched him for Peyton Manning. And that was just the beginning.

Osweiler also took issue with the team putting his contract on the back burner while Manning contemplated retirement, not to mention the pressure of having to be "The guy to follow Manning," a proposition that didn't work out well for Brian Griese when he replaced Elway after the 1998 season.

More from Robinson:

So Denver waited for Manning, and Osweiler had time to sit and stew. He had time to think about the benching and what it would be like to take the team over if Manning left. And he had time to consider whether his growth and success would instantly be measured against a Hall of Fame quarterback who rode into the sunset after a Super Bowl-winning season. That's not exactly easy. Manning was close to the players in the offensive huddle, particularly the receivers. Would it still be Manning's team, even if he was gone?
    rest - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...he-was-benched

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Wus.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Brock is so full of disappoint.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    His invite was lost in the mail.
    I actually heard it was a fax machine malfunction.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Osweiler's Press Conference Today - I watched it all on NFL Network. This is what is on Houston's website. If this is not all, maybe someone can find the entire conference

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...c-445ea5bf5b00

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    While I don't think he deserved to be benched when he was, I still think that is a childish stupid reason to stop talking to the team IF there is any truth to this story.

Question: Did Brock issue any statements thanking Denver since leaving?
    When you are disrespected It's not childish and stupid to want to move onto a place where you are respected. I said it then, benching him was going to insure he left. I don't know how they could have expected any less.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    When you are disrespected It's not childish and stupid to want to move onto a place where you are respected. I said it then, benching him was going to insure he left. I don't know how they could have expected any less.
    I disagree.

Its not like he was benched for Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf. While he was not at fault for the turnovers in that game the team simply was not responding to any kind of leadership or direction that he possessed. While Manning did not carry Denver to a win with his arm in that game he was the motivation that the team evidently needed to get their focus back and it worked. At the end of the day its about the team as a whole, not just one person. The goal is to win no matter how you get it done and when you still have a HOF'r like Manning on the team who generates a lot of respect from the other players you have to be mature enough to understand the circumstances presented in front of you. Sadly, Brock could not understand and thus became selfish because of it. Those players never said anything negative about Brock before or after that game, they treated him like a teammate and on the way out of town it is HE who has shown disrespect to his former teammates. Not the other way around.

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    I agree with North. Brock wasn't "disrespected". A coach had to make a decision because, even though Brock wasn't causing turnovers, he was ineffective, and that is almost as bad. If a player puts himself ahead of the team like Brock apparently did (feeling disrespected), he's got a shit-ton to learn about being apart of a team, being a good leader (imo, he hasn't learned good followership yet), and to be humble.

The entire team, the entire situation, hell, even Peyton Manning, is way, way bigger than he is. All his press conferences that were precisely and perfectly PC, all seems fake now.

17. The Following User High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I disagree.

Its not like he was benched for Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf. While he was not at fault for the turnovers in that game the team simply was not responding to any kind of leadership or direction that he possessed. While Manning did not carry Denver to a win with his arm in that game he was the motivation that the team evidently needed to get their focus back and it worked. At the end of the day its about the team as a whole, not just one person. The goal is to win no matter how you get it done and when you still have a HOF'r like Manning on the team who generates a lot of respect from the other players you have to be mature enough to understand the circumstances presented in front of you. Sadly, Brock could not understand and thus became selfish because of it. Those players never said anything negative about Brock before or after that game, they treated him like a teammate and on the way out of town it is HE who has shown disrespect to his former teammates. Not the other way around.
    I seem to recall Manning getting benched in a game this year as well.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    I agree with North. Brock wasn't "disrespected". A coach had to make a decision because, even though Brock wasn't causing turnovers, he was ineffective, and that is almost as bad. If a player puts himself ahead of the team like Brock apparently did (feeling disrespected), he's got a shit-ton to learn about being apart of a team, being a good leader (imo, he hasn't learned good followership yet), and to be humble.

The entire team, the entire situation, hell, even Peyton Manning, is way, way bigger than he is. All his press conferences that were precisely and perfectly PC, all seems fake now.
    Brock had 2 picks and a lost fumble in that game.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Well then, that proves the point even more. Thx, Joe.

Who is Brock?
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Brock Osweiler and the NFL's next bad QB contract

from article - much more leading up to this. article was written before he signed with Houston.

But if Denver thought that Osweiler had even a decent shot at being a franchise quarterback, he would have taken precedent over all of them. Including Miller.
    AND

What makes Osweiler different?

That's a good question that doesn't seem to have a good answer.

His 5-2 record as a starter last year is mostly meaningless for two reasons: The Broncos had the best defense in the NFL and he still got benched for Manning, the worst QB in the league at that point. Osweiler threw a pick in five of the eight games where he got significant action, including two in his last start against the Chargers in which Manning came in to close it out for a fourth quarter comeback victory.

If you look at his 4-2 record as a starter in which he also finished the game, the point differential was +15; average margin of victory was 2.5 points. Osweiler "beat" the Patriots? Watch again. Osweiler was horrible. Tom Brady was amazing. Down 21-7 in the fourth quarter, Osweiler had a quick three-and-out and Chris Harper muffed the punt. C.J. Anderson scored on a 15-yard touchdown run. Brady completed a 51-yard pass to Keshawn Martin but Tre Jackson was called for holding. Osweiler completed only three short passes on the next drive, which ended in a field goal. They got the ball back again and Osweiler quickly went 0-for-3 to force another punt. Only on the final drive did he finally complete a couple deep passes, but again penalties kept the door open for the Broncos to take a lead. Brady magically forced OT, but the Broncos defense forced a punt and Anderson ran it in from 48 yards out to win the game.

This is not anything close to an example like "Wilson has a great defense so he shouldn't get credit for wins." They both have great defenses, but Wilson has clearly bailed out the defense many times before too. Osweiler has not.
    full article - much more
    http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/3/7/1...ad-qb-contract

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information