Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good restaurants in Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    I think out of the places I went, only Ivars had the blurb about not having to tip. It was on the menu. Wyoming is out of the question. I don't even think they have roads to build out there. No roads...no travel.
    Who needs roads when you have a sweet, sweet $7.25 minimum wage?

With all due respect it sounds like your travel priorities might need looking at.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

I think out of the places I went, only Ivars had the blurb about not having to tip. It was on the menu.

Wyoming is out of the question. I don't even think they have roads to build out there. No roads...no travel.
    Oh they have roads. Long, boring, roads.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Pyramid brewing is a good place to grab a beer and pub food. Across from the basketball stadium.

http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/seattle/

Also steak house in the SEATAC Hilton is good, Go to the bar for steak sandwich (expensive but when you have early flight it good place in the area)
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

I am heading out to Seattle for business. Any ideas on where I should eat. I pretty much like everything, so what is your recommendation. I went to Ivars and The Crab Pot last time. The first day my flight gets in around 6pm PST, so I can go anywhere between Seatac and downtown. 2nd day I will be downtown all day. TIA
    Have you done Pike Place Chowder yet?

There's a ton of new microbreweries there but Elysian is the only one I'm really familiar with and while they're interesting, I haven't found a spot on par to the extent I'd firmly recommend.

There's a pretty cool Whiskey Bar downtown. If that's something you'd be interested in that will be easy to track down.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 03-14-2016 at 06:46 PM.

I made a living for several years waiting tables, as a young adult.

I made north of $15 per hour in tips in the 90's.. Getting the government involved to fix the wage would have really hurt me financially, as it will many people in that industry

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I am heading out to Seattle for business. Any ideas on where I should eat. I pretty much like everything, so what is your recommendation. I went to Ivars and The Crab Pot last time. The first day my flight gets in around 6pm PST, so I can go anywhere between Seatac and downtown. 2nd day I will be downtown all day. TIA
    Have you done Pike Place Chowder yet?
    That's a no go on the chowder. I had the 3 4oz cup sampler at Ivars. It was great. I'm lactose intolerant. That is not great. Put it this way, if my flight was in the morning, I might have been arrested for dispersing weapons grade gas. And that was after i took my lactaid pills. Pikes market will be the next trip. Will catch a super late flight, and head on over before lunch.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived olathebroncofan For This Post:

That's a no go on the chowder. I had the 3 4oz cup sampler at Ivars. It was great. I'm lactose intolerant. That is not great. Put it this way, if my flight was in the morning, I might have been arrested for dispersing weapons grade gas. And that was after i took my lactaid pills. Pikes market will be the next trip. Will catch a super late flight, and head on over before lunch.
    Wrote a little more after you replied but the point of Ivers is to feed the seagulls. That's basically it.

Pikes Chowder is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Wrote a little more after you replied but the point of Ivers is to feed the seagulls. That's basically it.

Pikes Chowder is the shit.
    There are definitely some geat chowder places in Seattle. I wish I could remember the name of the place I went to. It was under a bridge on the north side of the bay right by the water

Ok...I will sacrifice the body, and those around me and hit pikes chowder at the end of the month.

What I really want is a good seafood buffet fir the first night of my stay. Some people said masuki near the airport is good.

There's a place called Lola pretty famous for breakfast near Beltown.

Thousands of reviews on Yelp and whatnot but as you know from OH's stern advisory they probably went tits up since minimum wage has gone up.

Seattle is totally Detroit now.

If you need a souvenir for someone the Sub Pop store at the airport is an option.

You can't do Seattle without seeing Pikes Place.

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That's what's sad. I have been down town for 3 days each of the past 2 weeks, and I haven't seen jack except for two empty stadiums and the wharf.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I always go for seafood when going to Seattle (the inlaws live in Woodinville by Bellevue). Any place along the Pier, or at Pike's Place is good. Last place I went to was Elliot's. There's a good steakhouse close by, but I can't remember the name. Also depends on the atmosphere you want, and prices willing to pay.

As elsie mentioned....Pyramid Brewery is a fun atmosphere, especially if the Mariners are playing. It's across from Safeco Field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Or going up the Space Needle, especially on a clear day. Washington is such a beautiful state, and the Puget Sound is awesome.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information