Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: List of free agent Quarterbacks - What is plan B if Osweiler doesn't sign?

Default List of free agent Quarterbacks - What is plan B if Osweiler doesn't sign?

Ok, here's a list of the free agent QBs. If Elway can't resign Osweiler, what is plan B? Which of these QBs do you think Elway will go after and do you think can lead the Broncos back to the SB?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

Fitzpatrick?
    One of the Matt's (Cassell, Flynn, Moore, Hasselback or Schaub)?
    Vick?
    Luke McCown?
    Yates, Clausen, or Keenum?
    Brandon Weeden?
    Drew Stanton or Chase Daniel?

The rest of the list is at the link above, but it isn't exactly an all star cast.

So, what do you think Plan B will be. Can't go with just Siemian along with a drafted rookie, can we?

I think my stomach turned over reading that list.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, here's a list of the free agent QBs. If Elway can't resign Osweiler, what is plan B? Which of these QBs do you think Elway will go after and do you think can lead the Broncos back to the SB?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

Fitzpatrick?
    One of the Matt's (Cassell, Flynn, Moore, Hasselback or Schaub)?
    Vick?
    Luke McCown?
    Yates, Clausen, or Keenum?
    Brandon Weeden?
    Drew Stanton or Chase Daniel?

The rest of the list is at the link above, but it isn't exactly an all star cast.

So, what do you think Plan B will be. Can't go with just Siemian along with a drafted rookie, can we?
    Vick is done, any GM that signs him should be fired.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

5. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Gotta think the smart money there would be on the ONLY QBs Kubiak's ever won a playoff game with as HC—and probably not the one that got himself AND Kubiak fired. That's not a trivia question, but if the answer's still unclear: Yates; if he was good enough to get to the Divisional round as a 5th round rookie with less starts than Oz, he's good enough to start his 6th season until/unless we find someone better, and won't break the bank.

On that note: GIVEN the sorry list of available alternatives, would Siemian and a rookie be so much worse? At least there's an outside chance the rookie might turn out to be our long term answer when there's little chance any of the FAs would, and the rookie would cost far less.

Don't rule out Keenum though: It was a Texans game his rookie year where commentators said Kubiak really liked the guy (whose University of Houston career gave Kubiak a front row seat) and wanted to draft him, but McNair wouldn't even let him do it with a 7th round pick, so Kubiak crossed his fingers no one else would draft him, then immediately snapped him up once he hit the FA market. Looks like that was a good investment, even if it didn't pay off for the guy who made it.

So if we lose Oz, I'd expect Yates or Keenum to be the guy: They'd have Kubiaks system down by Opening Day, wouldn't tie up tons of cap space and could probably hold down the fort until/unless we found a better longer option. I can't believe Kubiak would be foolish enough to willingly tie the albatross that is Schaub around his neck again: If he couldn't reach the AFCCG with the Texans stacked line, RB and WR corps and Wades D in 2012, he NEVER WILL.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Oz will be the QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

8. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Keenum is a RFA, and STUNK. Yates is horrible. I don't know why the fans think Siemian would have any consideration for the starting job?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yea, mine too. I knew Fitzpatrick was out there and it was lean after that, but then when I looked, it's worse than I thought. It's not like you expect their to be elite QBs on the sideline, but there isn't even a whole lot of serviceable veterans as many years there are. Even if we believe that Kubiak/Elway just wants a QB that can support the running game, not turn the ball over and let the defense (that will likely be nowhere near as good as last year), there aren't a whole lot of candidates for that.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Yea, mine too. I knew Fitzpatrick was out there and it was lean after that, but then when I looked, it's worse than I thought. It's not like you expect their to be elite QBs on the sideline, but there isn't even a whole lot of serviceable veterans as many years there are. Even if we believe that Kubiak/Elway just wants a QB that can support the running game, not turn the ball over and let the defense (that will likely be nowhere near as good as last year), there aren't a whole lot of candidates for that.
    Fitz was the ONLY one on the list that I can even visualize as a placeholder, at all. No wonder QBs like Oz are holding out for more money.

Fitz was the ONLY one on the list that I can even visualize as a placeholder, at all. No wonder QBs like Oz are holding out for more money.
    Yep, there were five potentially solid or better QBs in Cousins, Foles, Bradford, Fitzpatrick and Osweiler. Three are off the market, which leaves Fitzpatrick, a guy that can make some plays with his arm and feet, in between bonehead mistakes and Osweiler, who is relatively young and "might" have a high upside.

The Broncos are SB champions, and might have to defend with a 2nd year QB with zero starts or someone like TJ Yates. Wow.

I threw up in my mouth a little bit. It might be a bit worse if they actually signed any of those stiffs.

Probably the best option would be to trade for Colin Kaepernick and hope for the best. They might not be able to swing a trade for him. He might not be any good if they did. He would probably want more money than Brock Osweiler.

In short, all the options other than Osweiler come down to a choice between:

1) horrible,
    2) worse
    3) just-shoot-me-now.

Drafting a QB might be a good idea - so that they have somebody ready for the 2018 season, but it won't be of much help now.

This D can win with nearly any QB. RG3 or Kap would both bring the rushing element to the position that we currently lack. Both have the potential to be pro bowlers in the right system with the right coaching. If Brock goes, bring in one of those two boom or bust guys. Sounds crazy, but this team proved it needs little to no offensive support. It's the perfect team to take a chance on either of those two.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Yep, there were five potentially solid or better QBs in Cousins, Foles, Bradford, Fitzpatrick and Osweiler. Three are off the market, which leaves Fitzpatrick, a guy that can make some plays with his arm and feet, in between bonehead mistakes and Osweiler, who is relatively young and "might" have a high upside.

The Broncos are SB champions, and might have to defend with a 2nd year QB with zero starts or someone like TJ Yates. Wow.
    It is widely expected that the Jets will not let Fitzpatrick get away for much the same reason that the Broncos are desperate to re-sign Brock Osweiler. They might have to over-pay for him of course.

In fact, if Osweiler walks, and they can't manage a trade for Kaepernick, then Fitz becomes their best option. He is 33 though and would last maybe another 2 or 3 years at best, so they'd immediately need to draft another QB.

Although "best" in this context is highly relative.

This is Jim Nantz, bringing you the opening day matchup between the defending SB champions, Denver Broncos, against the team they beat in the Super Bowl, the Carolina Panthers. Carolina is led by 2015 MVP Cam Newton who had an amazing '15 season and playoff run, but much to prove after a dissapointing performance in the Super Bowl. The defending champions, Denver Broncos are led by their new play caller, Luke McCown. After spending most of his career as a backup, at age 34 McCown gets the opportunity to lead the Broncos on their attempt to return to the Super Bowl....

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    This D can win with nearly any QB. RG3 or Kap would both bring the rushing element to the position that we currently lack. Both have the potential to be pro bowlers in the right system with the right coaching. If Brock goes, bring in one of those two boom or bust guys. Sounds crazy, but this team proved it needs little to no offensive support. It's the perfect team to take a chance on either of those two.
    I personally believe its naive to think that kind of "magic in a bottle" can happen 2 seasons in a row.

RGIII won't be any cheaper considering the list of UFA QBs available, and we KNOW he sucks. Kaep may not be leaving San Fran at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The only two names on that list that don't completely make my stomach turn are Fitz and Stanton
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information