Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, Peyton Manning

Default Thank you, Peyton Manning

Now that it's been officially confirmed by the Broncos, I wanted to post this.

I became a Bronco fan at a young age because I saw John Elway play, and the rest is history. I remember telling someone probably ten to fifteen years ago that if I had been seven years old when Manning was coming into the league, I probably would have been a Colts fan. That's how much I liked and respected Peyton. I always rooted for him in the battles against Brady, and was so happy for him in 2006 when he finally got over that hump. It was safe to say that he was my favorite non-Bronco player ...

... and then he became a Bronco. It was like a dream come true for me - Elway and Manning together in the same organization. I've loved his four years here, and we as fans have enjoyed tremendous success over that time. I hope we continue to win without him, obviously, but he's been a huge part of this team having the most wins of any team over that time period. I remember 2012, and being amazed at watching him play in orange and blue, only to end in that crushing disappointment. I loved watching the most exciting offense I've ever seen in 2013. And I'm very happy the way things turned out for him this past year, as a role player in a Super Bowl winning team.

So, thanks Peyton, for what you've meant to me personally, what you've meant for the Broncos, and what you've meant for the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

My growing up was similiar to Von Doom in that i grew up with Elway and he easily became my favorite Bronco even before the SB wins. But as far as Peyton goes i never liked him in college and often rooted against him. Not sure entirely why but at the time i did enjoy watching Spurrier and the Gators put the boots to Manning and the Volunteers time and time again so that probably had a lot to do with it. While i respected Manning as a player there was just something that i couldnt latch onto like other people. Wasnt sure how his pro career was going to turn out but Manning went out and became one of the best modern day players of this generation so when he chose to come to Denver i was pretty excited. I knew if anything he would be able to stablize the team and organization after the trainwreck that was Josh McDaniels. So in the end thank you Peyton for taking on a team that had a lot of youth and inexperience and leading us to 2 SB's, there really isnt much more you can ask for from a future HOF QB. But truthfully the thanks cant just be about Manning himself as it was proven that it takes a team to get the job done so i have to also throw my thanks at John, Wade, Kubes, and the entire team for making the right choices and building a team that had hunger, desire, and attitude to bring back the Lombardi to Denver. Total team effort and a great way to send one of the greatest QB's to ever hit the field into retirement.

Thanks Peyton, but thank you Broncos for being the team that i love and have loved for over 35 years. Class act all the way around.

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Thank you Peyton. I've got great respect for the man and have certainly enjoyed the play of the qb. Except when he was kicking our ass. Thanks for the memories Peyton, next stop Canton. I'm curious to see what he does from here, I'm sure football is still burning a fire in him, maybe tv, coaching, straight to a front office... No matter what it is I'm certain he'll be successful.

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Peyton is one of the few athletes (maybe the only one) that will be remembered for wearing more than one uniform. He will be remembered as a Colt obviously but he will always be a Bronco. Many of his records were set as a Bronco and he has as many championships as a Bronco as he does as a Colt. What a great and storied career and I am so happy he is going out a Champ and the Broncos made that happen for him.
    Congrats to Peyton and I am interested to see where he goes from here.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Thank you for everything, Peyton. You've inspired a generation & have been a consummate professional in everything you've ever done. Helped my Broncos to our 1st Super Bowl in 18 yrs and the most dominant 4 yr stretch in our franchise's history. Changed the way the game was played and redefined playing QB in the National Football League. Don't think there'll ever be another guy who plays the game quite like you.
    Go Broncos!

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It was a great run. Thanks 18.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 8 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Dear Peyton,

Thank you. I used to hate you. Then I loved you. You have given fans who have never seen this team at its peak a look into the past and had a taste of what it is like to have success at its pinnacle. I have been fortunate to have witnessed this team at its highest and lowest moments and win with two different Hall of Fame Quarterbacks. I am truly a blessed fan.

Thanks Peyton, best of luck in all you do going forward.

PS - Please do not go to run a Franchise that will one day hurt my Broncos.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

No Peyton Manning thread would be complete without this.

Go Broncos!

17. The Following User High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

On mobile it says the video is private, not sure if it works on desktop
    Free Hotcarl!

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    On mobile it says the video is private, not sure if it works on desktop
    Completely different on the desktop. It was amazing.

There is black and white static, and a notice it's private...

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    My growing up was similiar to Von Doom in that i grew up with Elway and he easily became my favorite Bronco even before the SB wins. But as far as Peyton goes i never liked him in college and often rooted against him. Not sure entirely why but at the time i did enjoy watching Spurrier and the Gators put the boots to Manning and the Volunteers time and time again so that probably had a lot to do with it. While i respected Manning as a player there was just something that i couldnt latch onto like other people. Wasnt sure how his pro career was going to turn out but Manning went out and became one of the best modern day players of this generation so when he chose to come to Denver i was pretty excited. I knew if anything he would be able to stablize the team and organization after the trainwreck that was Josh McDaniels. So in the end thank you Peyton for taking on a team that had a lot of youth and inexperience and leading us to 2 SB's, there really isnt much more you can ask for from a future HOF QB. But truthfully the thanks cant just be about Manning himself as it was proven that it takes a team to get the job done so i have to also throw my thanks at John, Wade, Kubes, and the entire team for making the right choices and building a team that had hunger, desire, and attitude to bring back the Lombardi to Denver. Total team effort and a great way to send one of the greatest QB's to ever hit the field into retirement.

Thanks Peyton, but thank you Broncos for being the team that i love and have loved for over 35 years. Class act all the way around.
    You know Northman, when I read this post it made me think. I believe I feel something of the same way.

I respected Manning, I liked Manning, but I was never in love with Manning as a player the way I felt about Elway. Probably it has something to do with Manning beating the Broncos like a gong all those times in the playoffs.

But, I think it is partly due to Manning's somewhat machine-like personality, the way never seems to get emotional, just does a little fist clench and trots off the field with his head down after a TD throw.

He was easy to admire, but hard to love as a player. I can even understand why Pats fans love Tom Brady when I see him sprint down the field after a TD and get emotional. I hate him of course, but I can understand Pats fans, like my sister-in-law, being totally loyal to him.

I can't criticize Manning who was the best regular season QB of all time, but emotionally . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Dear Peyton,

Thank you. I used to hate you. Then I loved you. You have given fans who have never seen this team at its peak a look into the past and had a taste of what it is like to have success at its pinnacle. I have been fortunate to have witnessed this team at its highest and lowest moments and win with two different Hall of Fame Quarterbacks. I am truly a blessed fan.

Thanks Peyton, best of luck in all you do going forward.

PS - Please do not go to run a Franchise that will one day hurt my Broncos.
    I just hope Manning doesn't go and become a politician as some have suggested he might. I would just lose all my respect for him if he did that!

23. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I would hate for this to become an Elway vs Manning thread. There is no comparison. Let's keep focus please.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

25. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    No Peyton Manning thread would be complete without this.

I get "please sign in to view video"

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information