Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos offer Brock Osweiler a three-year deal worth more than $45 million dollars

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    If Kaep is plan B then I hope like Hell we sign Brock.
    That's what the front office is thinking too. That's probably why they are ramping up the negotiations with Brock's agent.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm leery of that because he has that huge contract that he signed just two or three years.
    Which isnt really much more than Oz wants right now

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Nor do I, but do you think his prospects for success are just as good there as here? I don't. We have a better team overall and at every skill position.

Yeah.. but just how much is that worth in dollars? Bradford just signed for 18 million with a 18-30 NFL career record. Fitz isn't great, but will be getting 13-15 depending on Oz's deal. So although the success COULD be tied to coaching and the team, it could also be said that going to a team where they pay you to be 'their guy'.. and build around you, has value as well.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:

That's not what I was saying Chaz. You can ask for a trade all season, it's not your decision.
    I get it...but the part where you said it doesnt mean anything is a broad statement. It may not mean anything in the sense that the team has the power to do what they want...but it means quite a bit more beyond that.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Which isnt really much more than Oz wants right now
    So plan B would be paying more for a QB that we know isn't very good.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Only 11 mil this year. But 19 mil a year for the next 4
    ahh..ok

So we would have to restructure...and if he didn't want to, then it's basically a 1 year deal if there was a trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I get it...but the part where you said it doesnt mean anything is a broad statement. It may not mean anything in the sense that the team has the power to do what they want...but it means quite a bit more beyond that.
    It also means you expended oxygen and vibrated your vocal chords asking the question, or you expended energy in typing the request, but that isn't what I was referencing either.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 12m12 minutes ago

Texans making good run at Osweiler, but as I've been saying, I don't see him leaving Broncos. Too good of a fit with Kubiak and Elway.

It also means you expended oxygen and vibrated your vocal chords asking the question, or you expended energy in typing the request, but that isn't what I was referencing either.
    He means that if a player..especially the QB... has been benched and is pretty unhappy in the locker room, going publicly about asking for a trade means that players CAN push a trade.

hell... a player's wife caused a trade in Miami because she was creating so much shit. So asking/demanding a trade does have influence.

11. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    So plan B would be paying more for a QB that we know isn't very good.
    The inevitable 6 of one...half dozen of the other scenario. Elway would be rolling the dice either way.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

He means that if a player..especially the QB... has been benched and is pretty unhappy in the locker room, going publicly about asking for a trade means that players CAN influence a trade.

hell... a player's wife caused a trade in Miami because she was creating so much shit. So asking/demanding a trade does have influence.
    I know exactly what he means Rav, thank you. My only point was that he can ask but that doesn't mean he WILL get traded. Period. I wasn't referencing ANYTHING else.

Adopted Bronco:

Nevermind

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

The inevitable 6 of one...half dozen of the other scenario. Elway would be rolling the dice either way.
    If Kaep comes here he'll have to restructure, I don't see any way Elway gives him a contract that winds up with a 19 million per year cap hit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

As I understand it, the Texans can't really afford to pay Oz significantly more than Denvers offer. I don't think there's going to be much of a bidding war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:

ahh..ok

So we would have to restructure...and if he didn't want to, then it's basically a 1 year deal if there was a trade.
    In which case, I doubt a trade happened at all. I would assume Elway would request the right to negotiate before making the deal.

18. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information