Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos offer Brock Osweiler a three-year deal worth more than $45 million dollars

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    That page doesn't open. What did it say?
    It says there is a positve, negotiations are on going as free agency opens up. Try to keep up Rav.

We should know by 2:00 P.M. today, the FA deadline. The Broncos are trying right up to the deadline to get a deal done. But, Brock has all the leverage now, and the Texans are determined to land him, and they have a lot more money.

It will all come down to Brock. The Broncos are willing to offer more $, but who knows how high they will go?

The Broncos and Jimmy Sexton, Osweiler’s agent, re-established talks Tuesday afternoon and there will be serious negotiations today.

The Houston Texans are also expected to make Osweiler an offer. The Broncos know the Texans are in on their quarterback. Their quarterback.

The Broncos are expected to sweeten their initial offer that -- with incentives -- was worth more than $45 million over three years.

Some might say that’s a strong opening offer for a quarterback with seven career starts. Others may say if injury-prone Sam Bradford with his 18-30-1 career record just got a deal worth $18 million a year without incentives, the Broncos need to understand they have a ways to go.

Osweiler has decent leverage because, with the retirement of Peyton Manning, the Broncos don’t have an appealing Plan B. The team is high on quarterback Trevor Siemian, whom they selected in the seventh round of last year’s draft, but he needs to first graduate to backup quarterback.

The top free-agent quarterback behind Osweiler is Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is 33 years old and has played with six teams. In eight-plus years as a starter, Fitzpatrick is 43-61-1 with zero career playoff appearances.

San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick reportedly wants to be traded, but the Broncos likely would have to surrender top draft picks to acquire him and his large contract.

The Broncos want Osweiler. After mentoring for three-and-a-half seasons behind Manning before finally getting his chance in the second half of last season once Manning got injured, Osweiler frequently let it be known he wants to stay in Denver.

At least until the free-agent negotiated period opened he did. Then, it became about business. All’s fair when it comes to business.

Still, it would be surprising if Osweiler didn’t re-up with the Broncos.

Also today, the Broncos hope to finalize a restructured contract with left tackle Ryan Clady while at the same time they sign former Kansas City tackle Donald Stephenson to a new deal.

The Broncos are also negotiating a pay cut with outside pass rusher DeMarcus Ware, although his definitive deadline isn’t until Monday, when his $3-million roster bonus is due.
    If they get the Osweiler deal done today, then they can concentrate on re-signing Ware & Clady to free up more cap room. Since they already have the $11 M they were offering Malik Jackson, minus the 3-year $14M contract they just gave OT Donald Stephenson (i.e. whatever the 2016 cap hit is for that contract), the fact that they're making further roster moves to free up more money indicates they're not done in FA. Most obviously they are freeing up room to sign Osweiler.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    What makes you so sure it will happen today?
    Elway. Need I say more?
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'll stick by my assessment that Brock is an idiot if he doesn't sign here. Yes, it could be for less money, but to have a team like this - players and leadership - is worth more in the long run than a few million. The money will come eventually if he's as good as he thinks he is.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'll stick by my assessment that Brock is an idiot if he doesn't sign here. Yes, it could be for less money, but to have a team like this - players and leadership - is worth more in the long run than a few million. The money will come eventually if he's as good as he thinks he is.
    Just need to get his feelings back into it. He's had his feelings hurt. He'll be back and ready to go. It's a no brainer.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Depends on how you swing it. Elway will no pay high dollar for Fitz period. He is no Manning and not a lot of tread left. He would be going to his what 4th team in 4 years? Does not say "show me the money"
    Yeah.. I see wha tyou are saying. But that was truth no matter what. Fitz isn't the world beater, but like ANY supply and demand concept, it holds true. A team might pay more for Fitz for 1 year purely because the supply just isn't there. It's why I think Brock gets more money than he would normally get considering his experience.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Every QB has confidence...as they should. If your statement is true "he's as good as he thinks he is".... then why not get the money now AND later instead of waiting on the "eventually?"
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't think Fitzpatrick would ever be a Bronco. Doesn't seem to be, in my opinion, the way Elway would go.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It says there is a positve, negotiations are on going as free agency opens up. Try to keep up Rav.
    Hah.. I tried! The page didn't open!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Every QB has confidence...as they should. If your statement is true "he's as good as he thinks he is".... then why not get the money now AND later instead of waiting on the "eventually?"
    Because I am incredibly biased toward the Broncos. Any other team is going to ruin his career, and he'll only get this ONE payday, as opposed to a pretty good one now, and a bigger one in the future.

Seriously though - go to another team and probably end up a stat line, or be part of an organization that makes you a Super Bowl champion. Again. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I don't thin Fitzpatrick would ever be a Bronco. Doesn't seem to be, in my opinion, the way Elway would go.
    Hmmm. The only reason I don't think Elway would go with Fitz is BECAUSE his agent is the same as Brock's. I think he would refuse to do business with him if they couldn't get a deal done for Os.

Other than that, though, I don't see a Fitz being outside of Elway's type of guy. He's from a heady college, and a decent stop-gap. But what would your "Elway" Pick be if Houston lures Oz away?

Adopted Bronco:

Hmmm. The only reason I don't think Elway would go with Fitz is BECAUSE his agent is the same as Brock's. I think he would refuse to do business with him if they couldn't get a deal done for Os.

Other than that, though, I don't see a Fitz being outside of Elway's type of guy. He's from a heady college, and a decent stop-gap. But what would your "Elway" Pick be if Houston lures Oz away?
    I dont buy the whole "we wont work with X agent" BS that a lot of teams throw out there. I think if it's the best remaining option...or at least an option of value...any team will work with any agent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Draft and go for a guy that best fits the system. If Oz leaves, (He isn't) you just have to work at it. I just personally don't see Fitz as his type of player.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He is not reportedly on the market.

Doesn't sound like he's available. Remember that Kaepernick fell out with the 49ers previous head coach, but they fired that guy and brought in Chip Kelly, who is putting in a system that could be tailor-made for Kaepernick's skills.

The statement that the April 1 roster bonus is "not an issue" means they intend to keep him and try and get the most out of him - which makes perfect sense. Why trade him when his value is low? Who knows what a new coach or GM could do to revitalize his career?
    Kaep has asked for a trade, but that really doesn't mean anything. I heard on the radio yesterday that the HC job there was down to Shanny or Kelly, Shanny said Kaep isn't a franchise QB and would need to go, Kelly said he could make Kaep a good QB and win with him. Not sure how true it is, but if it is then Kaep isn't going anywhere as his success is directly tied to Kelly's job.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If the difference is not really a LOT, then you should go with the team you think will enable you to have more success. If you play on a shit team or with a scheme that doesn't help your personal statistics or performance your next contract will go down.

Think about it like this: Decker got big money after Manning came to town and threw him the rock, if Tebow was still our QB do you think Decker could've commanded anywhere NEAR the contract he got? Probably not.

If you go to a team that you don't think will be as good you might take a million or two more now but lose 4-5 on your next contract. He's young, IF he performs he will get at least one more contract with someone after this next one.

18. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information