Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos offer Brock Osweiler a three-year deal worth more than $45 million dollars

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12m12 minutes ago

If the #Broncos lose QB Brock Osweiler, expect them to come after QB Colin Kaepernick. That appears to be their backup plan.
    I really dislike him as a person but he probably is still the best we could do if Brock leaves.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I really dislike him as a person but he probably is still the best we could do if Brock leaves.
    Agreed here. His personality has really rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't care for him. But he's a very good athlete, and can really run.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Agreed here. His personality has really rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't care for him. But he's a very good athlete, and can really run.
    Plus...he knows what it's like to ride a good defense to a Super Bowl.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OZ will agree to a new contract today and the mission continues for a repeat. It's just that simple. He isn't going anywhere. Relax young grasshoppers. Back to Back quest continues. It was once so nice, we'll do it twice!!
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He is not reportedly on the market.

INDIANAPOLIS -- 49ers GM Trent Baalke "absolutely" expects Colin Kaepernick to remain on the 49ers, insisting that the embattled quarterback's April 1 roster guarantee serves as no significant deadline.

Baalke, the 49ers general manager, said Wednesday at the NFL scouting combine that new coach Chip Kelly is eager to see Kaepernick and all others when the offseason program begins April 4.

"The No. 1 focus is getting him healthy," Baalke said of Kaepernick, who's coming off thumb, shoulder and knee surgeries. "Chip is excited to work with him, just as he's excited to work with all these guys. He doesn't know these guys."
    Doesn't sound like he's available. Remember that Kaepernick fell out with the 49ers previous head coach, but they fired that guy and brought in Chip Kelly, who is putting in a system that could be tailor-made for Kaepernick's skills.

The statement that the April 1 roster bonus is "not an issue" means they intend to keep him and try and get the most out of him - which makes perfect sense. Why trade him when his value is low? Who knows what a new coach or GM could do to revitalize his career?

No, the #1 option if Brock goes to the Texans would be Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Only problem. He's 33 years old and a short-term guy, but he wants a long-term contract and multi-year commitment, which is why he hasn't yet re-signed with the Jets. Everybody expects that the Jets will eventually re-sign him, so he's probably not an option either.

The problem with the media and fans is that everybody blithely assumes the Broncos could somehow automatically sign these FAs - and without overpaying.

But, if Fitzpatrick is refusing to sign with the Jets because he wants more money and a multi-year guaranteed contract, why wouldn't he want even more money to come to Denver?

If Brock Osweiler costs too much, why would Ryan Fitzpatrick be cheaper? He's done a lot more than Osweiler in his career, and this season threw for 3900 yards, 30 TDs and 15 Ints. His stats were at least comparable to Osweiler so the only reason Osweiler is a better prospect is that he's 25 and Fitzpatrick is 33.

But, if Osweiler eventually signs a $17-$18 M a year contract, why would Fitzpatrick take a lot less? He might not get quite the same amount because of his age, but he's going to get a lot more than the Broncos want to pay.

And then they immediately have to start finding another future franchise QB in the draft to develop behind Fitzpatrick, because he's not going to last more than a few more years.

Altogether it's just a lot better to pay Brock whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He is not reportedly on the market.

Doesn't sound like he's available. Remember that Kaepernick fell out with the 49ers previous head coach, but they fired that guy and brought in Chip Kelly, who is putting in a system that could be tailor-made for Kaepernick's skills.

The statement that the April 1 roster bonus is "not an issue" means they intend to keep him and try and get the most out of him - which makes perfect sense. Why trade him when his value is low? Who knows what a new coach or GM could do to revitalize his career?
    I guess it depends if Kaep wants to stick around in San Fran. I mean, I know the Niners an simply keep him and that is that. BUT, we've also seen tension between the two, especially after he was benched last year. Seems that the team MIGHT be wiling to trade, and Keep might be willing to go considering he isn't exactly been pulled in with open arms by the fans.

So listening to 'team talk' doesn't really tell the story.

Although I do feel that Chip Kelly's offensive system would be a MUCH MUCH better fit for Kaep than anything that relies on him reading a defense.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    OZ will agree to a new contract today and the mission continues for a repeat. It's just that simple. He isn't going anywhere. Relax young grasshoppers. Back to Back quest continues. It was once so nice, we'll do it twice!!
    HOpefully you're right, but it's far from a done deal. He reportedly actually PREFERS the Texans offense to the Kubiak offense, and publicly said he thinks its a better fit for him (link in this thread).

If he really thinks that, and the money is more why wouldn't he sign with them?

HOpefully you're right, but it's far from a done deal. He reportedly actually PREFERS the Texans offense to the Kubiak offense, and publicly said he thinks its a better fit for him (link in this thread).

It's also been speculated that hte Texans aren't REALLY that interested, but wnt to see if they can drive the price up for Denver. I don't trust that 'report' that Brock didn't like the offensive system. I think that is complete BS.

Adopted Bronco:

There are conflicting reports everywhere. Baalke says he's staying, then Kelly gets fascinated with RGIII, then they have a high draft pick to land one of Wentz or Goff. At the end of the day, the Niners have options...just have to see what their preference is moving forward.

My guess is Elway has already talked with them and has a good idea of what his options are or aren't if Oz leaves.

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I guess it depends if Kaep wants to stick around in San Fran. I mean, I know the Niners an simply keep him and that is that. BUT, we've also seen tension between the two, especially after he was benched last year. Seems that the team MIGHT be wiling to trade, and Keep might be willing to go considering he isn't exactly been pulled in with open arms by the fans.

So listening to 'team talk' doesn't really tell the story.

Although I do feel that Chip Kelly's offensive system would be a MUCH MUCH better fit for Kaep than anything that relies on him reading a defense.
    If you read that article they are going to pay him his roster bonus on April 1 of $1.25 M and workout bonus of $400,000. That's "not an issue."

They aren't just throwing money away. IF they keep him past April 1, and pay him then they are committed to playing him.

And it all makes sense. The previous coaching regime he had conflicts with is gone, and he's still there. With Chip Kelly coming in, there's no reason to get rid of Kaepernick before you can see what he could do in the new system.

He's going to keep Kaepernick and find out if he can turn him into his franchise QB. It just makes no sense to trade him and try and find a QB if they maybe have one already on the roster. Chip might ultimately decide to get rid of Kaepernick, but not before he gets a chance to evaluate him in OTAs & training camp.

Just imagine you had constant fights with your boss and it was a bad situation all around. But, then they fire the boss and a new boss comes in and everybody gets a totally clean slate. The new boss doesn't care what your relationship was with the old boss. He's going to evaluate everybody from scratch based on how they get along with him and the system he wants to put in place.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-09-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Leverage, money. Also, Brock needs some coddling and some love thrown his way. He felt dark and lonely after getting sat on the bench while Peyton directed the offense during the SB run. They will bring in warm milk and doughnuts today and tell him how much he is appreciated. After a few hugs, we have ink on paper and our QB for the next several years. It's a process with today's youth. You have to pamper them, you know.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Fitzpatrick and Osweiller have the same agent.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Yeah.. IF. That's my point. T he "its not an issue"... doesn't mean diddly squat until April 1st. That's just organization talk. It does't boost any value if they say "well, we will be cutting him before the April 1st deadline anyway."

As far as to 'why' they might get rid of him... his salary on a team that doesn't want/need him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos come closer to possibly losing Osweiler

The Broncos want to keep quarterback Brock Osweiler, and the Texans reportedly are pursuing him. League insiders currently can’t tell whether the Texans’ interest is real, or whether it’s being embellished (or flat-out manufactured) to squeeze the Broncos into paying more.

As one league source explained it, there’s one fact that will break the tie conclusively: If Osweiler takes a visit to Houston, he most likely won’t be returning to the Broncos.

The Broncos, who dumped Tim Tebow four years ago and who could see both Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler exiting after a Super Bowl win, surely have a plan B. As Vic Lombardi of Altitude Sports Network said during the 2015 season on PFT Live, the Broncos were interested in signing quarterback Tyrod Taylor a year ago. While a trade for Taylor is highly unlikely (then again it would be crazy to rule out anything), the Broncos could be eyeballing a trade for 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, whose skill set is very similar to Taylor’s.

It’s unknown where Osweiler is leaning, but let’s not assume he has warm and fuzzy feelings about being yanked from the field in Peyton Manning late in the regular season, especially in light of the dramatic impact a Super Bowl run with Osweiler at quarterback would have had on his value.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sing-osweiler/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information