Thread: Fantasy Baseball '16

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Fantasy Baseball '16

Let's start a league.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I'll join if it's a keeper

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'll join if it's a keeper
    Let's just make it through year one and we'll talk about that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I'd be down. I tried to join a couple years ago but my e-mail was all screwy. Not sure what the interest level is here though.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    I'd be down. I tried to join a couple years ago but my e-mail was all screwy. Not sure what the interest level is here though.
    Right now it's three people, so not much, unfortunately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If you need one more manager, & your willing to have one who's sure to be as incompetent as the D-Backs ownership, I'll give it a shot.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'll play. I drafted my 20 team keeper league on Tuesday. Prince Fielder fell way down the draft board because his DH-only status is sort of limiting in our league because we count assists and only have 1 utility slot... Feel like I got great value in nabbing him, but it totally changed my team makeup.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'll play. I drafted my 20 team keeper league on Tuesday. Prince Fielder fell way down the draft board because his DH-only status is sort of limiting in our league because we count assists and only have 1 utility slot... Feel like I got great value in nabbing him, but it totally changed my team makeup.
    I think you should draft Adam LaRoche.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think you should draft Adam LaRoche.
    I'm team White Sox on this one - keep your ******* kid out of the workplace. I don't care if he's the best kid of all time - it's annoying.

I'm team White Sox on this one - keep your ******* kid out of the workplace. I don't care if he's the best kid of all time - it's annoying.
    Going to the workplace with a parent is an impactful and highly beneficial thing for kids - but it can't be a full-time thing and I can see how even saying you can bring your kids 2-3 days a year could be ultra-annoying / disruptive.

Ideally I'd like kids to be able to experience that from time to time but it's impractical as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

OH, I'm not disagreeing - I would find that annoying as well. I was just trying to help you build your team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Going to the workplace with a parent is an impactful and highly beneficial thing for kids - but it can't be a full-time thing and I can see how even saying you can bring your kids 2-3 days a year could be ultra-annoying / disruptive.

Ideally I'd like kids to be able to experience that from time to time but it's impractical as hell.
    I agree that bringing your kid to work occasionally is impactful and totally reasonable - but bringing him all the time is ridiculous and I can't imagine the lack of self awareness and entitlement that would allow you to think that's it's acceptable.

Further - it puts his teammates in an awkward spot, because of course they're going to defend their teammate and his son against management if pressed on it by the media... But I'll bet in an honest moment all of them would agree that it was over the top to have him there all the time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I agree that bringing your kid to work occasionally is impactful and totally reasonable - but bringing him all the time is ridiculous and I can't imagine the lack of self awareness and entitlement that would allow you to think that's it's acceptable.

Further - it puts his teammates in an awkward spot, because of course they're going to defend their teammate and his son against management if pressed on it by the media... But I'll bet in an honest moment all of them would agree that it was over the top to have him there all the time.
    I bet he's a liberal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I bet he's a liberal.
    He's a highly religious hunter from Texas, so probably not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He's a highly religious hunter from Texas, so probably not.
    Probably. In truth, it was Buff that used the words "lack of self awareness and entitlement", so it makes sense now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information