Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Rappers

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Eminem The Beastie Boys Macklemore Kid Rock Vanilla Ice Snow Everlast Insane Clown Posse Matisyahu House of Pain
    You missed 3rd Bass.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

You guys know nothing about hip hop. The greatest of all time is recognized WORLDWIDE as the epitome of what hip hop is,. The realest of the real. He be in them streets fo real.

Of course I'm talking about Slim Jesus.

WARNING: Contains REAL hip hop.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I like Bone, Dre, Marshall.......Jimmy Pop Ali.

All the greats.

Except Jay Z, he sucks.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Darren Sharper. Oops, sorry, wrong thread!

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Judging the best rapper is like judging the hottest resident at the nursing home.
    You are a very old man who does not know much about...anything, let alone music.

http://qz.com/462275/four-of-the-fiv...-is-bob-dylan/

It would go over your head because your hearing aids couldn't keep up. However, even if they could keep up, you wouldn't understand. Why don't you go start another thread/make a bunch of posts that belong in the P and R and buzz off. If you do, I promise to tell the neighborhood kids to stay off your lawn.
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 08-25-2016 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Personal Attack
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Tupac was not a great lyricist, but his passion and social commentary was quite good. In fact, what he was rapping about in the 90's that so many people blew off as bullshit ended up being true. I'm not going to cite to anything as this is not the P and R, but time has validated his claims.

Biggie told wonderful stories and painted pictures with his words. Nas was probably in between the two of them in regards to style.

Jay Z has made wonderful albums and a lot of turds, but he's a legend for a reason.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Forgive me, Klinger, that I remember when music had taste. When it had appeal to all types of people instead of an angry few with one angry worldview. My ears have had enough of such pollution.

...and stay of my lawn.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Forgive me, Klinger, that I remember when music had taste. When it had appeal to all types of people instead of an angry few with one angry worldview. My ears have had enough of such pollution.

...and stay of my lawn.
    Of course you did, grandpa, of course you did. Rap is one of the most prolific musics in the world, but facts are stubborn things. Don't worry though, you've never let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned stupid stance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't like rap either.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't like rap either.
    You're not an ass about it.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

To me, you have to go back to The Sugarhill Gang and Run DMC....they are who brought rap into popular culture.

That being said, Eric B/Rakim and BDP were my favs growing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Darren Sharper. Oops, sorry, wrong thread!
    Too funny mate

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Rap is one of the most prolific musics in the world, but facts are stubborn things.
    You're quite correct about that. Any baboon can jab a stick in the dirt, grunt and call it music. It appeals to a prehistoric cortex in the brain that even subhumans have. The less sophisticated a music form is, the more idiots want to play them at ear-splitting decibels. That's why you never hear someone low-riding through the ghetto with Mozart or Vivaldi blasting through their speakers. Facts are stubborn things.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

You're quite correct about that. Any baboon can jab a stick in the dirt, grunt and call it music. It appeals to a prehistoric cortex in the brain that even subhumans have. The less sophisticated a music form is, the more idiots want to play them at ear-splitting decibels. That's why you never hear someone low-riding through the ghetto with Mozart or Vivaldi blasting through their speakers. Facts are stubborn things.
    1. Thank you again for another blatantly racist statement. Please refer to rappers being monkeys more often; it's not like it's a predominantly black art.

2. In spite of the predominance from one culture, it is immensely popular around the world. Now take that little factoid into consideration when you talk about "When it had appeal to all types of people instead of an angry few with one angry worldview." Do you even think when you post? Is it that hard to keep together a continuity of thoughts?

3. You literally just said that all black people in the ghetto who listen to music lack sophistication, subhuman, and called it a fact.

So let's just talk about the ghetto for a second. We can trace through history when African Americans have been forced into poverty in America. One such time was when they were systemically denied access to affordable housing. Now I'm not going to give away everything for you, because I want you to at least try to put some effort in, but there is a very OBVIOUS time when the American government was doling out access to owning a home. You should be able to figure this out. When this occurred there was an obvious disparity, and eventually, after some time at that, said disparity was taken care of. However, the predominant group (white people) damn near en masse left the areas that they were living in because the other large group of people were starting to move into those areas.

Now, the tricky part is when you have to take a factoid and make sense of it with another factoid. So what happens if you pay for schooling (historically a consistent way to get out of poverty) with property taxes? The education quality would be linked to the area, right? So what happens the people in the nice homes (that they got for a ******* song via the government) leave en masse and less popular people (en masse) move in? The neighborhood worth goes down. Which means there's less money for what? Education.

You want a living example of this? Take a look at minority populations in cities and then compare it to the white populace in cities. Then look at the ******* suburbs. Then look at gentrification for examples of it working in reverse.

Now outside of the wonderful history lesson I just gave you for free (See how benevolent I am?), the real point is that you have people who now live in ghettos as a result. So in other words, they didn't gather there like a bunch of mongoloid humanistic beasts like you think; there were essentially put there. So what form of expression do people turn to with great regularity? Music. And what happens when people turn to music as a means of creation, expression, and damn near therapy or cathartic experience? They infuse their ******* experiences.

So it's no surprise that you have contemporary music about crime, drugs, and the like. Because that's what happens in the ghettos. Splash in womanizing and misogynistic tendencies because, well, that is ubiquitous in music today and there you have it. So again, Hoofer, they're making music about their life. A life they never asked for and were born into. Now, what is common today is that you have a lot of guys rapping about things they've never done, but they're selling a dream, or a 'spectacle' version of a life - so the guy who sells dimebags of weed all day hears Rick Ross rhyming about moving kilos of cocaine; it's not too much different from anything else. I write for fun -- I dream of being a best selling author (fat chance). I work in a law office; I dream of being an attorney.

Now I of course get to choose my life and take control of it in a much higher capacity because of the situation I was born into.
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 08-25-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Personal Attack

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

My GF was in a Talib Kweli video. (Not doing anything sexual)

I grew up on Bone, Eminem, Too Short, Jay Z, Wyclef/The Fugees, Warren G, Beastie Boys, Dre, Snoop... In recent years have gotten more into Lil Wayne, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Macklemore, some Kanye (though I hate him), etc.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information