Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: From 2016 Combine

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default From 2016 Combine

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h

Gary Kubiak: "We want Brock Osweiler to be a part of our football team." http://j.mp/21rfk7q

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4h

Kubiak: In #SB50, Broncos "stayed true to what we did ... the effort that we played with was the difference."

Kubiak praised the contributions that Latimer brought on special teams. Said he grew as a player in last 8 weeks of the season.

Kubiak, on Cody Latimer: "I think he made a lot of progress last year ... Cody has got starter ability in this league."

Kubiak: Sambrailo is expected to be ready when OTAs begin.

Kubiak: in evaluating OLs, their "football knowledge" is key. Cited Max Garcia, getting to know him last year, high football I.Q.

Kubiak: "It is more difficult" to evaluate draft OL now compared w/ 10 years ago because of proliferation of spread offenses.

Kubiak, on the OL: "We're young & we like our future from that standpoint. At the same time I definitely feel like we have to improve."

Kubiak: Osweiler "has a bright future ... obviously we think the world of him." Wants him to be a part of the team.

Kubiak said he had a "brief" chat with Manning Tuesday, expects to talk with him again today.

Kubiak: Manning decision "about him taking his time ... no hurry here ... nothing has changed."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

#KSU's Whitehair hasn't met with #Broncos but is hoping to in next few days. Played guard and tackle in college

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m

#Kansas State's guard Cody Whitehair said he could see himself fitting w #Broncos. Is versatile, has played tackle, enjoys zone blocking

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 25m

#LSU's Vadal Alexander is experienced zone blocker at guard and tackle. Hasn't met w #Broncos yet

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 49m

Joshua Garnett, a guard out of Stanford, has an interview with the Broncos on Thursday. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...ett?id=2555138

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h

HC Coach Gary Kubiak said key to #Broncos RB position is keeping CJ Anderson healthy http://www.tout.com/m/yojydx

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Denver Post Sports ‏@DPostSports 2h

John Elway, #Broncos likely searching for offensive line help http://dpo.st/1T5yTBt

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4h

#broncos Kubiak said Heuerman shouldn't have any limitations when team begins workouts April 18

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4h

#Broncos Kubiak said Ty Sambrailo expected healthy for offseason workouts. Will stay at tackle "He has a bright future."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h

John Fox on Elway saying HC switch to Kubiak was justified by AFC title/SB "I don't really pay attention to what is said" #9news #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 37m

Troy Renck Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala

Projects as a change of pace back. If Hillman leaves via free agency, as expected, a back like Ervin could make sene

Troy Renck added,
    Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
    Tyler Ervin, RB out of San Jose State, said he met with the Broncos. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...vin?id=2555234

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h

#OhioState's Taylor Decker. Could be fit for #Broncos who are looking for Oline help

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

Liberty QB Josh Woodrum says he hasn't met with the Broncos here, but met with them (and all other teams) at the NFLPA game last month.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

TCU OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai said that he met informally with the Broncos last night. Also met with the Cowboys, among other teams.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

TCU OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai said that he met informally with the Broncos last night. Also met with the Cowboys, among other teams.

What a name!
    This guy needs to be on our team. Just like Mr. Cobble.

Also- Garnett, they met with him. The guy in my sig. Fantastic!!! I think hed be great here
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Kubiak, on the OL: "We're young & we like our future from that standpoint. At the same time I definitely feel like we have to improve."
    combine that with our meetings with all those OLs, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they're planning to revamp the OL with a couple of draft picks. . . as it should be, and no surprise there. . . nice to see them acknowledge it, though. . . if they can re-sign brock, and at least one of malik or danny, we'll have an awful lot of flexibility in the draft. . .

this is also pretty telling;

HC Coach Gary Kubiak said key to #Broncos RB position is keeping CJ Anderson healthy
    buh-bye, ronnie. . . think we'll be looking at a mid-round pick coming in to share the load w/ CJ. . . just pick a kid that's fast, please!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    combine that with our meetings with all those OLs, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they're planning to revamp the OL with a couple of draft picks. . . as it should be, and no surprise there. . . nice to see them acknowledge it, though. . . if they can re-sign brock, and at least one of malik or danny, we'll have an awful lot of flexibility in the draft. . .

buh-bye, ronnie. . . think we'll be looking at a mid-round pick coming in to share the load w/ CJ. . . just pick a kid that's fast, please!

I still figure to see us take an early G, a mid round Center and a late round T/swing player. I expect at least 3 OL to be picked in this draft.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

We could do worse than Whitehair up front and Prosise in the backfield. Lots of nice upgrades should be available for us, even with our late draft positioning.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I hope Max Garcia is going be apart of that revamping. He has nasty disposition and he played well when given the opportunity. At least it looked that way to me.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h John Fox on Elway saying HC switch to Kubiak was justified by AFC title/SB "I don't really pay attention to what is said" #9news #9sports
    Eat shit, John - you traitor...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

13. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Kubiak: Future is bright even after Super Bowl win
    Head Coach Gary Kubiak addresses the media at the first day of the 2016 NFL Combine

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-4859edeffbc8

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default John Fox didn’t pay much attention to John Elway’s comments at Super Bowl

In the days leading up to Super Bowl 50, there were questions for plenty of members of the Broncos organization about Gary Kubiak taking over as head coach for John Fox before the 2015 season.

General Manager John Elway had the most pointed comments on the decision, saying at different points that the team made the move to get past their first game of the playoffs — something Fox failed to do twice in four trips with Denver — and that there was something wrong “if you can’t get guys excited about playing in the playoffs that time of year.” Speaking to the media from the Combine in Indianapolis on Wednesday, Fox shrugged his shoulders about Elway’s comments.

“I don’t really pay much attention to what’s said, whether it’s even about our own team sometimes,” Fox said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “But we’ve got our own set of issues. That’s kinda all behind right now.”

Fox said it was “unfortunate” that there had to be a loser in a Super Bowl matching two teams he coached in the past because he still has relationships with people in the Panthers and Broncos organizations. He said he congratulates “most of them” for their success while trying to get the Bears on track for a playoff run of their own.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...at-super-bowl/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Most of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Anyone have a list of who the Broncos have met with?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Anyone have a list of who the Broncos have met with?
    List of NFL prospects who met with Denver Broncos
    http://247sports.com/Bolt/List-of-NF...oncos-43906838

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos need T's, at least two of them.

Whitehair is a G.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I still figure to see us take an early G, a mid round Center and a late round T/swing player. I expect at least 3 OL to be picked in this draft.
    While I think G generally underrated, that necessarily means I think most of the NFL disagrees, and we have more needs at OT than G, so: Wouldn't it make more sense to take one or more OTs early, and Gs later? Or is the idea that drafting a G while everyone else is still focused on OTs gives us a good shot at an elite G?

Seems like if we took an OT 1st and a G 3rd we'd have a decent shot of getting good ones even with each rounds final pick: We're very unlikely to find a decent OT with a triple digit pick. Rightly or wrongly, the premium on OTs is just too high for that to happen except by a huge stroke of luck.

I get that we expect Clady and Sambrailo back, but both remain fairly large unknowns at this point: One's developed a history of serious recurring injury, and the other's also coming off an injury after... 3 career starts? We need a solid Plan B for at LEAST one of them to keep Oz and CJ upright and productive all season. Again, I don't want to undervalue interior linemen, but it doesn't seem Kubiak and Dennison have; IMHO, all we need is rotational/competition guys there.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information