Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Free Agency Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default 2016 Free Agency Thread

the bears have released left tackle jermon bushrod, and it looks like he's going to need shoulder surgery. . . he might end up still being on the market as camps approach, and he'll probably have to sign a one-year prove it deal after missing most of this season with an injury. . . could be interesting as an evan mathis type signing. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the bears have released left tackle jermon bushrod, and it looks like he's going to need shoulder surgery. . . he might end up still being on the market as camps approach, and he'll probably have to sign a one-year prove it deal after missing most of this season with an injury. . . could be interesting as an evan mathis type signing. . .
    I saw that yesterday. I would not mind a cheap one year deal in that case. We're going to have to strike gold on the cheap, which Elway has been good at.

Also, thanks for starting this thread. We needed one place to talk about all the random FA stuff. I'll be living in this thread on March 9

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Top FA RB? Ivory, miller, Forte seem to be the top. This could be a place we look for a new RB to backup CJ. I would not mind doing seeing Miller come in.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Top FA RB? Ivory, miller, Forte seem to be the top. This could be a place we look for a new RB to backup CJ. I would not mind doing seeing Miller come in.
    I mentioned in the other thread that I'd like to see Alfred Morris. Coming off a down year, knows the ZBS, could potentially be had cheap

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

I mentioned in the other thread that I'd like to see Alfred Morris. Coming off a down year, knows the ZBS, could potentially be had cheap
    I am okay with that. I think Miller has more potential then Miami showed. I am just wanting a solid #2 to CJ. Or push CJ for top spot. CJ is just a health concerns and gets backed up. He was bad at the start of the season as #1. Hence why hillman was given the go.

Id take Ivory on the cheap. Dont really like the other guys. I still think we should draft Tre Madden and I maintain Bibbs will do real well for us.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Morris is interesting as he thrived in Shanny's system in Wash. Miller will be too expensive with who we should resign defensively. I like Bushrod as a swing tackle if we dont resign Harris, who we signed last year to be our swing tackle and he started all year for us. The guy I would like is Allen from Indy, a te that blocks and catches if Daniels is cut or retires Allen, Green and Huerman who we drafted last year could be a dynamic te group

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Also, thanks for starting this thread. We needed one place to talk about all the random FA stuff. I'll be living in this thread on March 9
    i got yer back-- figured it was about time for one. . .

shit's about to get real pretty soon here. . .

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

We could always get ManRam back ...

The Lions and backup center Manny Ramirez have agreed to part ways when Ramirez becomes a unrestricted free agent next month, according to a person with knowledge of the discussions.

Ramirez, a Lions draft pick in 2007, returned to the team in a draft-day trade with the Denver Broncos last year and appeared in all 16 games, making seven starts.

Though Ramirez played well in a part-time role, the Lions used second-year pro Travis Swanson as their primary starting center, with Laken Tomlinson and Larry Warford at guard. Swanson missed two games with ankle and shoulder injuries and underwent shoulder surgery after the season.

Ramirez, who started the season’s first five games, played 45.3% of the Lions' offensive snaps last year, just missing out on a play-time incentive that would have paid him $450,000 for appearing in 50% of the team's offensive plays.

It’s unclear what role that played in Ramirez’s desire to sign with a new team.
    http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...ions/80516598/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If Moreno is now healthy I would like to give him another look.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If Moreno is now healthy I would like to give him another look.
    I wonder about his health at this point. I haven't really heard much about him for a while. I'm kind of thinking he's done, though.

How about James Starks?

I'd love Doug Martin on a 2 year 4 million dollar deal.

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'd love Doug Martin on a 2 year 4 million dollar deal.
    He will be paid big as top RB

19. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

OT: If released by Chip Kelly, how many here would give Blaine Gabbert a look before RG?

21. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

If Malik walks I think we should look at Ian Williams as a replacement. I do not think Elway has ever gone into the draft with a hole on the roster.

If Oz walks I would not be surprised to see a Matt Moore type QB signed and some wheeling and dealing in the draft.l for a new QB.

If travathan walks we will prob spend more on our backups to replace him who are RFA as well.

I think in FA we will sign most of our own back plus FA DL and OL plus a RB. Rumors are starting that Jamaal Charles could get cut so KC can sign defensive players like johnson.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information