Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Free Agency Thread

If Jackson leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jared Crick brought in as a partial fix. He has the Kubiak connection, after all.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    OT: If released by Chip Kelly, how many here would give Blaine Gabbert a look before RG?

Never. I like RG3 and am Intrigued by him coming here. Gabbert I have seen plenty of and that guy sucks. Sucks major ass. Worse than Kyle Orton. He is one QB who I never want to see in a broncos uniform. Would rather Christian Ponder come back here and start.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Never. I like RG3 and am Intrigued by him coming here. Gabbert I have seen plenty of and that guy sucks. Sucks major ass. Worse than Kyle Orton. He is one QB who I never want to see in a broncos uniform. Would rather Christian Ponder come back here and start.
    Tell me how you really feel! Why such intrigue in RG3? Dude can't read defenses for the life of him and is injury prone.. From the mouths of former HC's, he hates film study and former players say he's quick to assign blame and a great leader. Pass!

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Tell me how you really feel! Why such intrigue in RG3? Dude can't read defenses for the life of him and is injury prone.. From the mouths of former HC's, he hates film study and former players say he's quick to assign blame and a great leader. Pass!

A few years back I had him and Pierre Garcon in FF so I watched a lot of their games. I do not know about the leadership part because they were awful that year. He did not read defenses greatly but he read them about as good as brock does imo. I thought he really struggled when teams played man to man on him. He did pretty well in zone. I also thought that the playcalling did not do that team any favors, and the designed QB runs and options were over used.

I would not be ecstatic to have RG3, but with our team and weapons I think he could do as well as peyton did last year, likely better. His arm is stronger, and he can run. If we did have him I would not expect a ton of QB runs and option plays. Like someone said, get him on the move a little, outside the pocket and make the defense break down. He would have a few reads or he can run for a quick 5. If we can get an OL worth a damn, passing would be secondary and he would have some lighter backends to deal with. Not saying he can, but it is not like he is Tebow either.

I like RG3 better than foles, bradford, gabbert,EJ,manziel,.....Not really sure who else is out there.
    I Like Fitzpatrick better than RG3. Kaep I like better....Not sure who else is out there that is better at the moment either.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Chris Long DE, Jaded cook TE and James laurintias MLB were just released by the rams.

All positions that could use some depth potentially

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I do wonder if Long would be cheaper than Jackson. He's been playing for one of the worst franchises in the NFL for his entire career. He's in the same sort of position that Ware was in before he came over to us, with injuries reducing his expectations while his salary climbed.

*shrugs* I'd certainly find out.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Long has never played in a 3-4.

And the only thing Cook can do is drop more balls then DT for you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Chris Long DE, Jaded cook TE and James laurintias MLB were just released by the rams.

Laraunitas was a stupid cut, I would take him over Trevathan and Marshall in a heartbeat.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

I wouldnt but I also view he and scooby very closely. I'd take both Marshall and trev over James.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    If Jackson leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jared Crick brought in as a partial fix. He has the Kubiak connection, after all.
    I would be happy with that. I'd rather keep Malik, but I've always liked Crick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post

Laraunitas was a stupid cut, I would take him over Trevathan and Marshall in a heartbeat.
    Really? I wouldn't. Not unless these guys want too much money and James doesn't.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Maybe it's the homer in me, but I wouldn't. However, Trevathan will probably cost more (the Super Bowl champion effect), whereas if we can get Laurinaitis to replace him at a lower salary, I would not complain. He's the only one of the three Rams released that I'd be really interested in at this point.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

He will be paid big as top RB
    I know he will. I'm from the Boise area so I'm a big DM fan. I said that tongue in cheek. I know he'll get closer to 10 per. He's the best FA back on the market and he's only 26. He'll get paid, maybe by Oakland. That's where he's from, so I could see him taking what they offer him.

Hey Wave, is Traveller a racist too?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I do wonder if Long would be cheaper than Jackson. He's been playing for one of the worst franchises in the NFL for his entire career. He's in the same sort of position that Ware was in before he came over to us, with injuries reducing his expectations while his salary climbed.

*shrugs* I'd certainly find out.
    That's what I was wondering. He's already had his pay day. He might be willing to play for less to go to a contender, but would he want to be a 3-4 DE?

21. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information