Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message to Our Customers from Apple

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not sure I understand how all this works, but I don't believe for a second Apple simply doesn't have the technology and would have to create it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    So, you're saying we shouldn't do this to prevent innocent lives being snuffed out because of CC info, identity theft, etc.?
    Yes, I'm absolutely saying that. Exactly. YEs. 100% yes. Opening that pandora's box is worse than the possibility of people losing their lives, as the terrorists can pass information in HUNDREDS of ways. This wouldn't stop anyone.

Plus... once you start giving up your civil rights, that's changing the govt. That's changing our entire way of life. Isn't that what separates us from the type of countries that have terrorists, civil rights and the rights that the american public can keep the govt from controlling their lives purely at their will? Giving up those rights, one by one... is depleting what it means to be an american. Giving the govt THAT kind of leap, only leads to the precident of them taking another right away, all in the name of "pursuing terrorists." That's a horrible, terrifying, road to start to wander down.

No thank you. Thank GOODNESS that more Americans are looking out for the "american" way of life and trying to keep that way....by not falling into this "lets let the Govt have EVERYTHHING from our lives in the "pursuit" of terrorist." Those words, alone, give me chills as it would mean the terrorists have taken MUCH MUCH more than lives in a bombing.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 02-17-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It's my understanding that they just want Apple to "break into the phone". I am not a fan of them purposely installing a back-door in their iOS system.

You can't tell me Apple doesn't' have a way to read the information on this guys phone. I just don't believe it. And they should use it to see what's on there and if there are any others still in the States that could cause harm.

So govt officials are good people, but the people at Apple are just not helping them (the FBI) break into ONE phone, when you believe they can, purely becausee they want to help terrorism?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm not sure I understand how all this works, but I don't believe for a second Apple simply doesn't have the technology and would have to create it.
    You're probably right.... you don't understand how all that works.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    You're probably right.... you don't understand how all that works.
    So you really believe Apple is hiding nothing?

This is Apple we're talking about here.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

its the about the source code MO.

This is the forced merger of government with a free company.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    its the about the source code MO.

This is the forced merger of government with a free company.
    I don't understand this enough to be strongly for or against anything here. The main reason, though, is because I don't really believe either party.

Frankly, it's just best not to hide shit anymore.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I don't understand this enough to be strongly for or against anything here. The main reason, though, is because I don't really believe either party.

Frankly, it's just best not to hide shit anymore.
    Sorry but Privacy is not a bad thing no matter how many people want to pass it off as that.

I can tell you something far worse.... growing up in a society where everybody has to self censor what they say or do. Free Speech just becomes a punchline at that point.

I guess I'm in the same camp. When this stuff pops up, I'm usually not outraged because I thought it already happened. All of my contacts are saved by Google. Every app I've ever downloaded is on record. I thought everything I did on my phone could be monitored. If I didn't want it to happen I would get rid of my cell phone. I never saw a cell phone as a necessary thing that should be protected by the Constitution.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

America is still very free.

16. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say," - Snowden

the right to privacy, just like the right to free speech, is fundamental for all Americans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I guess I'm in the same camp. When this stuff pops up, I'm usually not outraged because I thought it already happened. All of my contacts are saved by Google. Every app I've ever downloaded is on record. I thought everything I did on my phone could be monitored. If I didn't want it to happen I would get rid of my cell phone. I never saw a cell phone as a necessary thing that should be protected by the Constitution.
    Well. I'm not going to go that far. But it's best to be careful nowadays, I guess. The main thing is to, you know, not commit crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    America is still very free.
    Yeah, but back in 1946 the government stayed out of my cell phone

20. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

you know we are ****** when people are literally agreeing with the notion of putting a backdoor into peoples products who have done nothing wrong. Or when people protest the government managing healthcare industry, but let that same government have complete reign over those same healthcare records. Or when people hate the idea of government controlling business, then applaud their efforts to force its way into power over a business.

Oh well. Bring it on, and when one day, it ****s over you, or somebody you know.... tough shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm certain this technology already exists, either at Apple ot some hacker. Apple is NOT nearly as secure as they want you to believe.

Fappening anyone?

That being said, no way in hell should Apple do this. IF they are handed a subpoena for specific information they should comply and provide that specific information, but no way should they hand over access to a backdoor into iOS.

I despise Apple, but I agree with them on this issue. They should not do this as requested.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information