Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 595

Thread: A Message to Our Customers from Apple

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Choose Apple products for your next jihad...
    Apple is the bane of my existence. I hate them.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    or hell maybe a government employee who has a gambling problem.
    Yeah, because no one's personal information is EVER compromised, right?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Most countries pay 70% in taxes? damn I want to know where that is.
    To have that type of system yes! How they pay for "free" entitled services. When you look into those countries the tax rate is way higher. Again nothing is ever free!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Tell me about the terrorists (who have a global reach) in yesterday's world, and I'll listen.
    Again. You are focusing in on capturing terrorists by giving up our civil rights. I, personally, don't want to give up my civil rights in the pursuit and HOPE of apprehension of a supposed terrorists. You give access to YOUR private information in the hopes of finding someone else's stuff, and guess what that opens the door to them finding...YOUR shit.

    Terrorists always had world wide access. They in fact, had done it LONG before the internet. Via radio, snail mail, hand-t0-hand delivery, or pigeon. Whatever. We landed people on the moon before there were home computers, it certainly was viable to make contact with someone across the states or the oceans.

    FBI: I see you have been having a lot of corrospondence with this 'chaz' person via the internet.
    Joe: Yeah. we are both Bronco fans
    FBI: You do realize that chaz is a well known narcotics dealer and distributor of child pornography
    Joe: no...no... I didn't know that
    FBI: Considering the amount of corrospondence that you've had, we find it hard to believe that you didn't know. You are now under investigation.

    Now you may be saying "so what, I didn't do anything, thus I won't be charged." True. However it will be public knowledge that you are under investigation for having ties to drug dealers and child porn distributors. That can/could be reported over news channels of your local town/city.

    A small, minute, example of the infinite number of possibilities of people's privacy being intruded upon.

    Having the right to look through people's privacy in search for specific baddies sounds GREAT.... if you believed that those in pursuit wee 100% trustworthy. How many politicians do you believe to be that kind of trustworthy? How many police chiefs? How many people do you know, in the workforce, that you would trust with all your information at the touch of a keypad?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:


  6. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    So, you're saying we shouldn't do this to prevent innocent lives being snuffed out because of CC info, identity theft, etc.?
    Yes, I'm absolutely saying that. Exactly. YEs. 100% yes. Opening that pandora's box is worse than the possibility of people losing their lives, as the terrorists can pass information in HUNDREDS of ways. This wouldn't stop anyone.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  7. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:


  8. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Again. You are focusing in on capturing terrorists by giving up our civil rights. I, personally, don't want to give up my civil rights in the pursuit and HOPE of apprehension of a supposed terrorists. You give access to YOUR private information in the hopes of finding someone else's stuff, and guess what that opens the door to them finding...YOUR shit.

    Terrorists always had world wide access. They in fact, had done it LONG before the internet. Via radio, snail mail, hand-t0-hand delivery, or pigeon. Whatever. We landed people on the moon before there were home computers, it certainly was viable to make contact with someone across the states or the oceans.

    FBI: I see you have been having a lot of corrospondence with this 'chaz' person via the internet.
    Joe: Yeah. we are both Bronco fans
    FBI: You do realize that chaz is a well known narcotics dealer and distributor of child pornography
    Joe: no...no... I didn't know that
    FBI: Considering the amount of corrospondence that you've had, we find it hard to believe that you didn't know. You are now under investigation.

    Now you may be saying "so what, I didn't do anything, thus I won't be charged." True. However it will be public knowledge that you are under investigation for having ties to drug dealers and child porn distributors. That can/could be reported over news channels of your local town/city.

    A small, minute, example of the infinite number of possibilities of people's privacy being intruded upon.

    Having the right to look through people's privacy in search for specific baddies sounds GREAT.... if you believed that those in pursuit wee 100% trustworthy. How many politicians do you believe to be that kind of trustworthy? How many police chiefs? How many people do you know, in the workforce, that you would trust with all your information at the touch of a keypad?
    In that senario, I'd say "sure - check my computer. Put that sicko away for life".

    Let's take a look at what Manning is going through. Whether true or not, his name is being dragged through the mud. How about those athletes from whatever college that was who were recently charged (they weren't charged, but whatever), then cleared because it was a complete and total farce. Was that because the GOVT had information from their cell phones and wrongly accused them?

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Oh, and I actually believe that most politicians (maybe not most, but whatever), most police officers, most sheriffs are good people. It isn't JUST the government that has bad people in it.

  10. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

    So, you're saying we shouldn't do this to prevent innocent lives being snuffed out because of CC info, identity theft, etc.?

    Seems to me that there are other programs to help prevent that from happening.

    And you're right. None of that stuff happens now, right? ( end sarcasm )

    I don't see why Apple can't get the data from the phone. I'm sure it has to be hooked up to one of their servers/computers to get to it. It's not like it'll be out there and available anymore than what currently happens with thieves and people who do that sort of thing already.
    It's the fact that it could not put everyone in jeopardy. Any hacker can hack your phone through this new back door, get all your data, location and track you.

    If a terrorist/assassin is targeting someone with iPhone, they can hack them, read messages and find out routine and locations.

    Want terrorists to hack personal phones of Congress or federal agencies to get back mail information.

    Or read conversation between you and your kids to know when your kids are most vulnerable.

    It's not just about federal agencies accessing your phone it's about providing a back door for anyone to hack into anyone's phone.

    Read the article. The government told them to create a new operating system with they back door. Which means all phones will have this back door.

    I do not know much about this terrorist situation outside of the 2 terrorists were killed in shootout. But it sounds like government wants to be able to remotely hack any phone at any time, no matter where it is. That is too great a power that would be scary in the wrong hands.

  11. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:


  12. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

    In that senario, I'd say "sure - check my computer. Put that sicko away for life".

    Let's take a look at what Manning is going through. Whether true or not, his name is being dragged through the mud. How about those athletes from whatever college that was who were recently charged (they weren't charged, but whatever), then cleared because it was a complete and total farce. Was that because the GOVT had information from their cell phones and wrongly accused them?
    No use for subpoena with this technology they can just get your through your back door and have their way.

  13. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:


  14. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    It's the fact that it could not put everyone in jeopardy. Any hacker can hack your phone through this new back door, get all your data, location and track you.

    If a terrorist/assassin is targeting someone with iPhone, they can hack them, read messages and find out routine and locations.

    Want terrorists to hack personal phones of Congress or federal agencies to get back mail information.

    Or read conversation between you and your kids to know when your kids are most vulnerable.

    It's not just about federal agencies accessing your phone it's about providing a back door for anyone to hack into anyone's phone.

    Read the article. The government told them to create a new operating system with they back door. Which means all phones will have this back door.

    I do not know much about this terrorist situation outside of the 2 terrorists were killed in shootout. But it sounds like government wants to be able to remotely hack any phone at any time, no matter where it is. That is too great a power that would be scary in the wrong hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    No use for subpoena with this technology they can just get your through your back door and have their way.
    It's my understanding that they just want Apple to "break into the phone". I am not a fan of them purposely installing a back-door in their iOS system.

    You can't tell me Apple doesn't' have a way to read the information on this guys phone. I just don't believe it. And they should use it to see what's on there and if there are any others still in the States that could cause harm.

  15. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

    It's my understanding that they just want Apple to "break into the phone". I am not a fan of them purposely installing a back-door in their iOS system.

    You can't tell me Apple doesn't' have a way to read the information on this guys phone. I just don't believe it. And they should use it to see what's on there and if there are any others still in the States that could cause harm.
    The article specifically says iOS update that the government claims will only use once.

    The only way apple could access data is if it had remote access to the phone or if it had information saved in say the cloud. I bet they have already looked at all information that Apple has access too. But access information stored the phone hard drive is just like a laptop. HP or Dell don't have access to your hard drive information not does windows. This is what the government wants access to is the phone hard drive.

  16. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:


  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum BITCHES!
    Posts
    35,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    The article specifically says iOS update that the government claims will only use once.

    The only way apple could access data is if it had remote access to the phone or if it had information saved in say the cloud. I bet they have already looked at all information that Apple has access too. But access information stored the phone hard drive is just like a laptop. HP or Dell don't have access to your hard drive information not does windows. This is what the government wants access to is the phone hard drive.
    I guess my point is, if the FBI or whoever took a laptop to Microsoft, they'd be able to "break into" that information. I'm sure Apple does as well - as long as the phone is physically in their possession. If they're talking about a cloud based way to breach the data, I'm opposed to that.

    As I said before, I can't imagine Apple doesn't have a way to look at the information on the phone if it's in their possession.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

    I guess my point is, if the FBI or whoever took a laptop to Microsoft, they'd be able to "break into" that information. I'm sure Apple does as well - as long as the phone is physically in their possession. If they're talking about a cloud based way to breach the data, I'm opposed to that.

    As I said before, I can't imagine Apple doesn't have a way to look at the information on the phone if it's in their possession.
    That is completely different then what the FBI is telling them to do. Read paragraph 10. They want the iOS modifies for a back door.

    There is no mention of the phone being in their possession. I do not know if it is or not. I would think if it is they can get the info.

    They also said that they build security to keep everyone out of phones even apple. Nobody is above the personal information on the phone.

  19. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:


  20. #44

    Default

    A mexican off the street can hack your phone with ease.

  21. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    19,034

    Default

    this is what every company now faces. Not just apple.

    US gov wants backdoor installed on ALL HDs, and did so without approval of the Manufacturer in the past.


    If any organization did this to a company, they would be thrown in jail.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group