Thread: Don't You Wish You Had a Game to Watch Today?

Default Don't You Wish You Had a Game to Watch Today?

Not just any random game: All the best (healthy) players, not playing resentfully because just BEING there's a constant reminder they lost their last game and WON'T be at the Super Bowl, but playing for sheer enjoyment. A game answering the question, "OK, the *FC had the best single TEAM, but if we take ALL the best players from ALL teams, which CONFERENCE is better overall?" I mean, I'm an AFL guy, so always rooted for the AFC in the Pro Bowl; for the first 30 SBs that was all fans of AFL teams COULD root for with any real hope.

I continually fail to see any reason (apart from the NFLs profit-driven stark terror of ANY dead air during the season) to play the Pro Bowl before the SB. Having arbitrarily chosen HoFers pick teams so teammates become competitors just makes it worse, not better. I cared if the AFC beat the NFC, but couldn't care less whether Team Deion beats Team Irvin.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm struggling to understand what you are asking. Me want football? Yes. Me want football. Probowl not football.

3. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

It used to be, before the NFL disqualified SB players from attending and removed even the nominal value of the AFC/NFC rivalry. Now it's wholly superfluous; they should go back to just naming All Pro teams without even bothering to play a game. The guys who make the All Pro team can afford HI vacations, so what's the point?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

There really isn't much point other than an empty honor to players and another week of poorly rated football.

What's the point of any sports all star game? Name one sport who's allstar game doesn't have issues?

It is what it is. Those interested will tune in and those not, won't. It's just another product to supplement an already incredibly lucrative bottom line.

Nah man....I want to enjoy this offseason for as long as I can. It's been 18 years dammit!!!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

7. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Nah man....I want to enjoy this offseason for as long as I can. It's been 18 years dammit!!!
    Well, it's not like the Pro Bowl interfered with tha. Did the '97 or '98 Pro Bowls make those championships any less sweet? Or was it just a chance to see over half a dozen Broncos Champions play another game with no regular or postseason pressure? It felt like a victory lap for me, and the final was closer then both SBs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I wish they would scrap the game.

It's a waste of time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I wish they would scrap the game.

It's a waste of time.
    Why? Who's time is wasted, exactly?

I don't think I've watched one in 20 years, and I don't feel like the time has been wasted.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information