Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning's Legacy could be tarnished

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Peyton Manning's Legacy could be tarnished

Here come the pitch forks.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/nation...0395?cid=bitly

Thirteen years ago, USA Today obtained 74 pages of explosive court documents on Peyton Manning, Archie Manning, the University of Tennessee, and Florida Southern College that revealed allegations of a sexual-assault scandal, cover up, and smear campaign of the victim that was so deep, so widespread and so ugly that it would've rocked the American sports world to its core. Yet USA Today never released those documents for reasons I can't explain.
    Mel Antonen, now a baseball writer for Sports Illustrated, wrote about the documents for the paper on Nov. 3, 2003. Three days later, Christine Brennan, longtime sportswriter for USA Today wrote an op-ed about Peyton Manning and the documents entitled, “Do you really know your sports hero?” but the scandal pretty much died right there.
    But as his career winds down, we're left to grapple with the reality that there is credible evidence that Peyton and the Manning family knowingly, willingly, wantonly ruined the good name and career of Dr. Jamie Naughright, a respected scholar, speaker, professor, and trainer of some of the best athletes in the world.
    On the morning after Super Bowl 50, I posted a picture on my Facebook page of Cam Newton smiling and embracing Peyton Manning after the game and simply asked why that warm photo wasn't being talked about i
    nstead of Cam being frustrated at the post-game press conference. It has since been shared more than 234,000 times and seen by more than 20 million people. It now has nearly 6,000 comments, but on that morning, just one leaped out at me, which mentioned something to the effect of "Peyton sexually assaulted a girl in college."

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

a college kid put his butt in someones face? no way...

3. The Following 10 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    So being in college is an excuse for sitting your naked ass and balls on someone's face?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Well, the article digs a little deeper and states that there was this conspiracy to smear this woman's name and have other players say that Manning was mooning him, etc. Whether or not its true is anyone's guess (probably is) but i found it funny that King would now try to use this as a response to the criticism of Cam for not behaving professionally after the SB loss. It would seem that King is somehow stating that because a guy like Cam got scrutinized for the laptop ordeal in college (and most likely stated it was because he was still a young kid) that now all of a sudden Manning is utter trash because of something he may have done in college also. The article just comes across as total race bait at this point as i highly doubt that King has done an article about Ray Lewis in 2000 and the shenanigans with all that. Its just comical the lengths some people will go in defense of another.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So being in college is an excuse for sitting your naked ass and balls on someone's face?
    "allegedly"

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

BTB, lay down and close your eyes. I have a surprise for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I heard this somewhere before.

I think what pisses me off most is that every time this comes up people act like it's been covered up for years.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would bet every penny I have that is this story were attached to Cam Newton instead of Peyton Manning, that he would not get defended by people NEARLY as much for it.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Lucky for you, you can never find that out. Go bet your pennies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Lucky for you, you can never find that out. Go bet your pennies.
    You know I'm right though. Newton would get absolutely blasted if the exact same story came out about him. You wouldn't see anyone saying "Oh it was just a college kid playing a prank!".

You know I'm right though. Newton would get absolutely blasted if the exact same story came out about him. You wouldn't see anyone saying "Oh it was just a college kid playing a prank!".
    It would probably be tied in with the fact he was paid to play football and he stole a laptop at Florida. That's how the world works. That's why the Patriots are labeled cheaters.

I would bet every penny I have that is this story were attached to Cam Newton instead of Peyton Manning, that he would not get defended by people NEARLY as much for it.
    So you mean that someone's history and repution has a tendency to sway people's opinion's and perspectives of you???? Noooo Way!!!!!!! Say it ain't so.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

21. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information