Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning's Legacy could be tarnished

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
    It's never been "innocent in the public eye" though. Anytime people are accused, there are many that just assume that it's 'real.' "They wouldnt' be going through all this trouble if it didn't really happen"...or some other form of justification. The problem is, that's usually the thought process of someone that is young, or has never witnessed/experienced the very true facts on how often the prosecutors will bring up charges against innocents, or how often people file trumped up charges purely on the guess of being paid off just to "make it go away." It's much more common than most know, or more common than most want to admit/believe.

In the public eye, people are guilty until they prove themselves innocent. WHich is why these suites exist.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Article from PFT:

“The guy that wrote this story for the New York Daily News, he’s not a journalist,” Whitlock said. “He’s a race hustler from Twitter, from the Black Lives Matter movement who stirs racial controversy to elevate himself. Listen, the guy’s been busted. First of all, he’s white and presenting himself as black. He said that as a child in high school he was allegedly attacked by a group of white people because he was black. Well, he wasn’t black and there were people saying that wasn’t why he was attacked and there’s no proof of it. He said that it was the first hate crime in Kentucky or whatever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-quarterback/
    Hah.. wow. Credibility there. It's what you get when you get people having access to the internet, writing stories, with no journalism training or expertise in how to write and back up a legitimate story.

Whitlock said on Dan Patrick.. (quoting from memory of the interview..not word for word) "We have become so loose today. We accept stories that have zero credence because there has been zero research to back any claims or facts up...and people accept it."
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 02-15-2016 at 11:20 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
    I never said he was definitely guilty. But I'm also not going to bury my head in the sand because he's a likeable guy. I just think it's ridiculous that people are just flat out ignoring witness testimony that was given under oath because they don't like the guy who presented the article. And I think it's even more ridiculous that people are saying it's not a big deal because it happened 20 years ago.

I would love to hear his side of the story and hear from witnesses who backup him up, because I really would hate for it to be true. If everything alleged is true from the incident to how he ruined her career after, that would make Manning a giant ass hole.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

This matter has been settled, twice. Once by Tennessee when it happened and again by Peyton after he foolishly let it be in a book. This is nothing more than something being rehashed again by a jerk with zero credibility.

This is a non story and will have zero impact on Peyton's legacy.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Article from PFT:

“The guy that wrote this story for the New York Daily News, he’s not a journalist,” Whitlock said. “He’s a race hustler from Twitter, from the Black Lives Matter movement who stirs racial controversy to elevate himself. Listen, the guy’s been busted. First of all, he’s white and presenting himself as black. He said that as a child in high school he was allegedly attacked by a group of white people because he was black. Well, he wasn’t black and there were people saying that wasn’t why he was attacked and there’s no proof of it. He said that it was the first hate crime in Kentucky or whatever.

Its really sad that people like this exist. Whats even sadder is that he is trending all over FB.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Manning

I have heard about this for years. It is not new news. What is new is Shaun King's anger about the bad publicity that Cam Newton has been receiving since the Super Bowl. Check into King. He has some skeletons in his closet himself including misuse of funds with Black Lives Matter. Not defending Peyton in what he did when in that locker room. It was wrong. I have said often though, most people grow up and change for the better. Certainly he has. There is not a person alive on the earth that does not have things in their past they would rather never came out. But God put us on this earth to overcome our flaws. At the time this incident happened, Tennessee had a lot to lose if Peyton got into real trouble. So they did try to play it down and settled with the trainer when she sued. Of course after she sued the university, she could not remain in their employ. Peyton has said in the past that his attitude at the time was that he did not think that women belonged in the men's locker room, in any role. A male athletic locker room is a rough place. Men are walking around naked, use rough language and coarsely kid around. With a woman around, they feel stifled. Note that he was naked on the table. She walks in because she had free access to the locker room, and started examining his foot while he was on the table naked. This irked Peyton and he pulled this prank. Not the wisest or nicest thing to do, but, once again, he was little more than a teenager at the time. The Peyton of today would not do such a stupid thing and has handled himself with class for many years. Even so, he is still not perfect, (nor is anyone) and he would be the first to tell us that.
    Last edited by mouthofsouth; 02-15-2016 at 01:54 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived mouthofsouth For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

That was kind of a dic* move on peytons part
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

14. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Article from PFT:

Thanks for posting. I read the whole article - very interesting stuff

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Article from PFT:

lol if anyone has been following the nonsense with Shaun King they will know he is one of the least trustworthy people.

He's was part of the Black Lives Matter movement for a while and despite what you may or may not think of them, there has been a lot of shady things going on with King. First of all it has come to light that he claims to be mixed race, but several pieces of evidence such as his birth certificate have put doubt on this claim. The people listed on the birth certificate are completely white and he has changed his story several times as new evidence has come out to discredit many of his stories. He actually had received a black only scholarship for college and if it is true that he is not black at all this means he took scholarship money that was intended to help out poor black kids to get into college.

In addition even with respect to BLM there was an incident like this

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-lives-go.html

To the point where BLM has somewhat excommunicated him. Overall King is sketchy as all hell and even people who generally agree with BLM have started to distance themselves from him.
    The bronco chemist.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived LoyalSoldier For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier View Post
    lol if anyone has been following the nonsense with Shaun King they will know he is one of the least trustworthy people.

He's was part of the Black Lives Matter movement for a while and despite what you may or may not think of them, there has been a lot of shady things going on with King. First of all it has come to light that he claims to be mixed race, but several pieces of evidence such as his birth certificate have put doubt on this claim. The people listed on the birth certificate are completely white and he has changed his story several times as new evidence has come out to discredit many of his stories. He actually had received a black only scholarship for college and if it is true that he is not black at all this means he took scholarship money that was intended to help out poor black kids to get into college.

In addition even with respect to BLM there was an incident like this

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-lives-go.html

To the point where BLM has somewhat excommunicated him. Overall King is sketchy as all hell and even people who generally agree with BLM have started to distance themselves from him.

Dang.... this sounds a lot like that woman who did the same thing not too long ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Dang.... this sounds a lot like that woman who did the same thing not too long ago.
    That's why he's been called the "Male Rachel Dolezal" because he's been suspected of doing the exact same thing. This is supposedly a picture of him when he was a kid

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingfamily.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	8615

And even if he turns out to be mixed race and the people reporting were wrong, there are still a huge number of sketchy things about the dude.
    The bronco chemist.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived LoyalSoldier For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    How ironic the jackass who wrote the article is casting stones about legacies built by deception. He's a race bating black panther sympathizer and should be beaten with a rod.
    That was descriptive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I never said he was definitely guilty. But I'm also not going to bury my head in the sand because he's a likeable guy. I just think it's ridiculous that people are just flat out ignoring witness testimony that was given under oath because they don't like the guy who presented the article. And I think it's even more ridiculous that people are saying it's not a big deal because it happened 20 years ago.

I would love to hear his side of the story and hear from witnesses who backup him up, because I really would hate for it to be true. If everything alleged is true from the incident to how he ruined her career after, that would make Manning a giant ass hole.
    Honestly, I'm "kind of" with you on your train of thought, but you come across as someone who would lick their chops if something bad came out.

I give King as much credibility as a meth-head prostitute who claims rape, after collecting her 10 bucks for a blowjob.

He is baiting, and trying to generate clicks on a 20 year old story while only using the accusers account of what happened. In the immortal words of TJR, it's despicable what King has done.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Honestly, I'm "kind of" with you on your train of thought, but you come across as someone who would lick their chops if something bad came out.

I give King as much credibility as a meth-head prostitute who claims rape, after collecting her 10 bucks for a blowjob.

He is baiting, and trying to generate clicks on a 20 year old story while only using the accusers account of what happened. In the immortal words of TJR, it's despicable what King has done.
    The strength of my reaction to this has more to do with the utter dismissal of the story by everyone on here than it has to do with how I feel about Manning. Refer to the "should Manning be in the RoF" thread to see me vigorously defending him in recent days.

I 100% don't want the story to be true, and as I said, I would love to see testimony from people who back up Manning's side of the story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The strength of my reaction to this has more to do with the utter dismissal of the story by everyone on here than it has to do with how I feel about Manning. Refer to the "should Manning be in the RoF" thread to see me vigorously defending him in recent days.

I 100% don't want the story to be true, and as I said, I would love to see testimony from people who back up Manning's side of the story.
    I'm just telling you how you've come across. At least to me, and I'd guess many others since several have kind of called you out on your position.

She settled. The case is closed. Manning probably won't reopen this door, because it has absolutely zero benefit - regardless of what actually happened.

Ultimately, that’s the one thing that this case never received: A trial in open court. The parties chose to settle the case before that could happen, making it necessarily impossible to make a clear decision as to what did or didn’t happen. Whatever King’s motivations, he helped set an inaccurate narrative by presenting the allegations contained in the document released on Saturday not as accusations but as undeniable fact.

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information