Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Northman's 2016 Mock Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Here's a question i would pose to anyone who wants to chime in. I just did another mock (for fun) and surprisingly Ezy Elliott fell into our laps at 31. Generally im not fond of taking RB's high but i do feel Elliott is the best back in the draft so would you pull the trigger and draft him if he fell that far? Or would you still go in another direction? Also, in this mock i went ahead and took UR's favorite Wideout to appease him even though Higgins was still ranked higher and still obtainable at that moment.

31: R1P31
    RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
    OHIO STATE

63: R2P32
    OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
    ARIZONA

87: R3P24
    G LANDON TURNER
    NORTH CAROLINA

99: R3P36
    WR STERLING SHEPARD
    OKLAHOMA

136: R4P37
    CB MAURICE CANADY
    VIRGINIA

144: R5P5
    P DREW KASER
    TEXAS A&M

219: R6P41
    QB KEVIN HOGAN
    STANFORD

226: R7P7
    FB QUAYVON HICKS
    GEORGIA

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Here's a question i would pose to anyone who wants to chime in. I just did another mock (for fun) and surprisingly Ezy Elliott fell into our laps at 31. Generally im not fond of taking RB's high but i do feel Elliott is the best back in the draft so would you pull the trigger and draft him if he fell that far? Or would you still go in another direction? Also, in this mock i went ahead and took UR's favorite Wideout to appease him even though Higgins was still ranked higher and still obtainable at that moment.

RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
    OHIO STATE

OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
    ARIZONA

G LANDON TURNER
    NORTH CAROLINA

WR STERLING SHEPARD
    OKLAHOMA

CB MAURICE CANADY
    VIRGINIA

P DREW KASER
    TEXAS A&M

QB KEVIN HOGAN
    STANFORD

FB QUAYVON HICKS
    GEORGIA
    I like it North, make it so!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

(Using the Fanspeak Simulator) (7 round Mock)

**This Mock does include the comp picks as well as trades**

38: R2P7
    OT SHON COLEMAN
    AUBURN

DE SHILIQUE CALHOUN
    MICHIGAN STATE

95: R3P32
    WR RASHARD HIGGINS (WR/ST)
    COLORADO STATE
    I like it with exceptional to waiting so long on a safety.

I do not see Scooby falling out of 2nd round.

And do you think we need a punter after Colquitt had his best games of his career in the playoffs?

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

I have a punter in my mock draft as well. Up until SB50 Colquitt hadn't been consistent or impressive. And, yes, he had an awesome SB50! Hopefully he can keep it up against some competition in training camp and into next season.

7. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    I have a punter in my mock draft as well. Up until SB50 Colquitt hadn't been consistent or impressive. And, yes, he had an awesome SB50! Hopefully he can keep it up against some competition in training camp and into next season.
    Trade a pick on punter then chance on another Malik or travathan? Just saying, UDFA is good place to find a kicker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I like it with exceptional to waiting so long on a safety.
    To be honest im not sure how important safety is right now. I think if we keep the Dline and LB intact and add depth there i think we can wait to take a safety later in the draft. IMO

I do not see Scooby falling out of 2nd round.
    He may or may not, as i posted in my other post most sites ive been visiting as far as the prospect rankings has Scooby going between the 3rd and 4th rounds. Why that is im not sure but its certainly possible that Scooby doesnt make it past the 2nd as the draft is unpredictable.

And do you think we need a punter after Colquitt had his best games of his career in the playoffs?
    As LTC pointed out Colquitt had a great SB but most of the year was very inconsistent and that concerns me. Everything that i have read so far on Kaser is that he is a good and consistent punter. I dont think it would be a bad idea to give Colquitt some competition to be honest.

I dont think Peyton is coming back to Denver which means out QB situation is going to be very green still unless we sign a Vet. So with that in mind i think its prudent that Denver for the time being keeps the defense at a strong level while trying to improve the offense around the QB so that if we have to try and win another title the way we did this year it will put minimal pressure on the QB until the QB gets up to speed.

For the life of me i cant understand why Braxton Miller is rated so high. I dont remember him being all that great as a wideout.

I like Shepard way better than Pharos and they have pharoh rated higher. Shepard makes me have a tingly feeling downstairs just like I get when you post, Northy....no homo....maybe a little. :shrug:

RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
    OHIO STATE

OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
    ARIZONA

G LANDON TURNER
    NORTH CAROLINA

WR STERLING SHEPARD
    OKLAHOMA

CB MAURICE CANADY
    VIRGINIA

P DREW KASER
    TEXAS A&M

QB KEVIN HOGAN
    STANFORD

FB QUAYVON HICKS
    GEORGIA

Love the draft!!!!,!!!!,!!!,!!,

To answer your question though. NO!
    Granted I have only begun to research players, and players I believe we would be interested in. Rb is one of them and Elliot too. But, I honestly don't see a major difference between him and prosise or .....shit forgot his name atm. He is a 2nd rd rb. Ken? Damn I have forgotten. To me, I just don't trust Elliott. He is the goods no doubt but, I don't see a Levon bell in him. A Todd gurley. A Clinton portis. I like Melvin Gordon much more than Elliott. Melvin was a rd 2 pick and sucked ass last year. ( I still maintain that he is going to be a very very very good rb). So for me, to burn a 1 on Elliott, I personally would decline. I see the reasoning behind it, but I feel there are other rb who would produce similirarliy and I have a lot of faith in CJ if we can make the OL onto more of a monster and less of a kitty cat.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Prosise and mini Gronk plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

13. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I like Shepard way better than Pharos and they have pharoh rated higher. Shepard makes me have a tingly feeling downstairs just like I get when you post, Northy....no homo....maybe a little. :shrug:

Love the draft!!!!,!!!!,!!!,!!,

To answer your question though. NO!
    Granted I have only begun to research players, and players I believe we would be interested in. Rb is one of them and Elliot too. But, I honestly don't see a major difference between him and prosise or .....shit forgot his name atm. He is a 2nd rd rb. Ken? Damn I have forgotten. To me, I just don't trust Elliott. He is the goods no doubt but, I don't see a Levon bell in him. A Todd gurley. A Clinton portis. I like Melvin Gordon much more than Elliott. Melvin was a rd 2 pick and sucked ass last year. ( I still maintain that he is going to be a very very very good rb). So for me, to burn a 1 on Elliott, I personally would decline. I see the reasoning behind it, but I feel there are other rb who would produce similirarliy and I have a lot of faith in CJ if we can make the OL onto more of a monster and less of a kitty cat.
    Huh? Melvin Gordon was the 15th overall pick in the 2015 draft.

15. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Huh? Melvin Gordon was the 15th overall pick in the 2015 draft.
    Yeah he was. Mixed him up with perryman.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

To be honest im not sure how important safety is right now. I think if we keep the Dline and LB intact and add depth there i think we can wait to take a safety later in the draft. IMO

He may or may not, as i posted in my other post most sites ive been visiting as far as the prospect rankings has Scooby going between the 3rd and 4th rounds. Why that is im not sure but its certainly possible that Scooby doesnt make it past the 2nd as the draft is unpredictable.

As LTC pointed out Colquitt had a great SB but most of the year was very inconsistent and that concerns me. Everything that i have read so far on Kaser is that he is a good and consistent punter. I dont think it would be a bad idea to give Colquitt some competition to be honest.

I dont think Peyton is coming back to Denver which means out QB situation is going to be very green still unless we sign a Vet. So with that in mind i think its prudent that Denver for the time being keeps the defense at a strong level while trying to improve the offense around the QB so that if we have to try and win another title the way we did this year it will put minimal pressure on the QB until the QB gets up to speed.
    Scooby Wright would have been Luke keuchly of this year's draft if not for being injured almost all of this year.

Stewart and ward were banked up a lot. And we saw a drop in play with Stewart out. Waiting on safety when we might not have any backups could be a bad move.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Scooby Wright would have been Luke keuchly of this year's draft if not for being injured almost all of this year.

Stewart and ward were banked up a lot. And we saw a drop in play with Stewart out. Waiting on safety when we might not have any backups could be a bad move.
    I dont know, we seemed to still be ok over the course of the year when they got banged up, its not ideal but when you can pressure the QB as much as we can it helps quite a bit and thats really the catalyst to how effective the secondary can be defensively. Im really not to worried about our safety position overall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Solid draft North, would not mind it at all.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

20. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

As my name says im a Buckeye fan and Elliot is superior to Gordon and is easily the best back in this draft he runs, catches and blocks. Unfortunately he will be long gone at our pick I think we will go dline or oline in the first Spriggs from Indiana or Calhoune, Bullard or Washington will be at 31

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
    OHIO STATE
    Northman, I've been messing around with Fanspeak too and I would love if Elliott made it to 31.

Hell, I would have no problem at all if they moved up to select him. Now that we don't have a QB that teams have to game plan against, the need to have a playmaker at the RB position becomes more prominent. CJ isn't a three down back and seems to take himself out of games quite frequently after only a few plays. Not sure why. Is it because he's injured, tired, or just out of shape?

Elliott is a well rounded three down bellcow back. He excels in pass protection and is a very good receiver. I'm of the opinion that Elway and company are resistant to investing a 1st round pick along the OL. If true, and he sticks to his comments about adding impact players with his 1st selection, this would be a no brainer IMO.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information