Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Josh Morgan accidently shoots himself while cleaning gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Then people would just assume you 'offed' yourself because you are a Bengals fan.
    Why would I do that this far in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Then people would just assume you 'offed' yourself because you are a Bengals fan.
    Not me. I would assume Vontaze Burfict or Pacman shot him, and King is just trying to cover up for his guy.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Only if you have a room-temperature IQ or below. You actually have to be actively stupid to accomplish the feat of shooting yourself while cleaning your firearm. Or, more likely, a liar, who got shot by their drunken girlfriend/buddy/relative, and don't want to get them in trouble.
    Not really. Negligent discharges have more to do with complacency than I.Q.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    and complacency
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Not me. I would assume Vontaze Burfict or Pacman shot him, and King is just trying to cover up for his guy.
    Burfict is relatively clean off the field. Jones is a changed man. A true delight in all of Bengaldom.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Trajectory angles would normally prove if a wound was self-inflicted or not.

Then again, anyone who is both a Browns fan and an Indians fan has just cause for being suicidal.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    The situation that Ravage just described is why I will never own a gun. I would end up being 'that guy'.
    No you wouldn't dude. You're a smart guy. I'm 44 years old and learned how to handle a gun when I was in grade school. Yeah, stupid stuff can happen to smart people, but I have never pointed a gun at myself.

Rule#1 treat every gun like it's loaded.
    Rule#2 never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot (this includes yourself )
    Rule #3 never put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to shoot.

If you're smart enough to not get behind the wheel afte a fifth of vodka then you're smart enough to not point a gun at yourself and squeeze the trigger.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No you wouldn't dude. You're a smart guy. I'm 44 years old and learned how to handle a gun when I was in grade school. Yeah, stupid stuff can happen to smart people, but I have never pointed a gun at myself.

Rule#1 treat every gun like it's loaded.
    Rule#2 never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot (this includes yourself )
    Rule #3 never put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to shoot.

If you're smart enough to not get behind the wheel afte a fifth of vodka then you're smart enough to not point a gun at yourself and squeeze the trigger.
    I'm super clumsy. It's best for all of us for me to not have a gun. I'd like to shoot one at a range.

I'm super clumsy. It's best for all of us for me to not have a gun. I'd like to shoot one at a range.
    I probably have more confidence in you then you do in yourself, just because of the way of life I grew up in. My wife is super clumsy too bro. She's also killed 7 deer in her life and passed the ccw class.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

You know what? I don't think I buy it. I've cleaned quite a few firearms in my life, and am almost at a loss as to how you "accidentally shoot yourself" while cleaning a weapon. I suppose its theoretically possible, but all my instincts scream "bullshit."
    Maybe it was a crossbow... And loaded.... Either way the guy should be put down, or at the very least castrated

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I actually know someone that shot themselves in the foot while preparing to clean their handgun. We all know to clear it first, not leave it stored with a round in the chamber, etc but sometimes people **** up. If you aren't an avid user or regular even more so.
    Yeah, a young officer in Iraq, cleaning their 9 mm discharged it at the feet of her OC.

She cocked the weapon, ejecting one round but picking up another as the working parts went forward, then unloaded her mag, thinking the chamber was empty she fired of the action to complete the unload drill. No one was hurt, but she was cleaning toilets for a while and lost some wages!

So while I think it is rare, there is a certain breed of idiot out there that makes it very possible

I really don't think it is necessarily idiocy. Sometimes I forget where my keys are, and the damn things are in my pocket. Or ******* look for my glasses when they're on my face, or absentmindedly pick up something I JUST put down for some reason.

It's astounding.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I really don't think it is necessarily idiocy. Sometimes I forget where my keys are, and the damn things are in my pocket. Or ******* look for my glasses when they're on my face, or absentmindedly pick up something I JUST put down for some reason.

It's astounding.
    You're not alone brother...

20. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You're not alone brother...
    I have no issues gun, on an intrinsic or philosophical level. I just don't think they're for me. It is a right that I am glad that I have access to but one I don't think I would exercise.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information