Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Seen the Stories on How Bad the Super Bowl Field Was?

It was rigged. The turf only messed up for Carolina.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I was worried about the Levi Stadium turf before the big game. Players in San Fran, and opposing players complained about their turf all season long.

Then I read that the field would be entirely re-sodded for the SB, and figured it would be okay. It may have been worse.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Next year, the Super Bowl returns to Houston where they replaced the system of grass pallets with the rubber pellet turf they use in New Orleans.

I remember the Oakland Coliseum used to have flooding problems during Raider games and once Paul Warfield was shoved face-down in the water for so long that Curt Gowdy ad-libbed he might need "artificial insemination" (he meant artificial respiration) to breathe again.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Seriously? You'd buy that if it was a one time problem.... So, you would rather believe a one time turf install is the problem that has plagued the stadium since it was opened, rather than believe that something underground (drainage) could be the problem.

That makes absolutely zero sense Joel. If the grass has been replace five damn times, I would say something more permanent is causing the problems, especially when they've tried different varieties of grass, etc.
    Yeah, lacking a drainage system could cause an ongoing problem, but using a WEEK of overwatering to excuse TWO SOLID YEARS of very un-solid turf is just that:

An excuse.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    In the OP link.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Funny that even though Oher was sliding no one got to Cam before he got the ball off. lol
    In the OP text.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    It was rigged. The turf only messed up for Carolina.
    In the OP text AND a follow up reply.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Next year, the Super Bowl returns to Houston where they replaced the system of grass pallets with the rubber pellet turf they use in New Orleans.

I remember the Oakland Coliseum used to have flooding problems during Raider games and once Paul Warfield was shoved face-down in the water for so long that Curt Gowdy ad-libbed he might need "artificial insemination" (he meant artificial respiration) to breathe again.
    In the OP link:

The NFL.com link quotes Donte Stallworth quoting Madden that visiting players should wear screw ins because Bay Area fields are very different at high and low tide.

C'mon, ya'll, if I can take the time to write it, at least take the time to read it before responding.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah, lacking a drainage system could cause an ongoing problem, but using a WEEK of overwatering to excuse TWO SOLID YEARS of very un-solid turf is just that: An excuse.
    Two years? Didn't Levi's open this year?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

They showed the "cleats" Oher was wearing at the super bowl. They were turf shoes.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

In the OP link.

In the OP text.

In the OP text AND a follow up reply.

In the OP link:

The NFL.com link quotes Donte Stallworth quoting Madden that visiting players should wear screw ins because Bay Area fields are very different at high and low tide.

C'mon, ya'll, if I can take the time to write it, at least take the time to read it before responding.
    Joel, you read comment after comment posters telling you they don't read your novels...it isn't news to you that they dont. Now youre going to start quoting where youve said it before? Ffs...this is the Broncos board, not the Joel show.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Joel, you read comment after comment posters telling you they don't read your novels...it isn't news to you that they dont. Now youre going to start quoting where youve said it before? Ffs...this is the Broncos board, not the Joel show.
    True enough but im still confused as why he quoted me in the first place. I had read the article long before i made my post but his comment to me had nothing to do with the comment i made. I was talking about the specific play in which the gif was made. Oher is sliding on the turf but Cam still got the ball away and thats all i was commenting on because the titles of the articles yesterday were basically implying that the turf was the reason Carolina lost which is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    They showed the "cleats" Oher was wearing at the super bowl. They were turf shoes.
    Link? That would be VERY odd, since his home stadium uses Bermuda grass just like Levi's Stadium. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    People don't have to read it, but REPLYING to things unread tends to result in stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    True enough but im still confused as why he quoted me in the first place. I had read the article long before i made my post but his comment to me had nothing to do with the comment i made. I was talking about the specific play in which the gif was made. Oher is sliding on the turf but Cam still got the ball away and thats all i was commenting on because the titles of the articles yesterday were basically implying that the turf was the reason Carolina lost which is incorrect.
    Right, but I'd already noted in the OP that Cam still got off the pass (and Roby nearly picked it) despite Oher sliding: He had Ware solidly blocked (hard as that is) but skidding backward the whole time because the turf was so awful. Hence "in the OP text;" reading what I wrote at the start would've saved you the time of repeating it and me the time of reminding you I'd already said it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You would think Sandra Bullock could afford to buy him some cleats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Maybe she was only in it for the government funding and doesn't really care about him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Both teams played on the same field.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Link? That would be VERY odd, since his home stadium uses Bermuda grass just like Levi's Stadium. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it would be weird. People don't have to read it, but REPLYING to things unread tends to result in stuff like this. Right, but I'd already noted in the OP that Cam still got off the pass (and Roby nearly picked it) despite Oher sliding: He had Ware solidly blocked (hard as that is) but skidding backward the whole time because the turf was so awful. Hence "in the OP text;" reading what I wrote at the start would've saved you the time of repeating it and me the time of reminding you I'd already said it.
    The Super Bowl grass isn't just Bermuda. It's a blend of Bermuda, ryegrass, and bluegrass.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information