Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone Else Seen the Stories on How Bad the Super Bowl Field Was?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I can't provide a link - it was on TV. I believe it was Phil Simms who was holding the type of cleat Oher was wearing.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I saw some articles this morning although they have been subtle insinuating that its the reason why the Panthers lost because Michael Oher was slipping. But once you read the article a lot of the players on both teams said the field was bad so to me its much ado about nothing since both teams had a poor experience on it.
    I know there was at least one first down after the Panthers got the ball, where Ware was out because he was changing cleats and it might have been the previous serious where one of the Broncos edge rushers slipped to the ground trying to make one of their highspeed, low turns around a tackle.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Two years? Didn't Levi's open this year?
    Nope, last year; played all of TWO preseason games before Harbaugh canceled practice and made them replace a strip the length of the field, right down the center.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Both teams played on the same field.
    That's been established: Just because it screwed both teams equally doesn't make that OK. For one thing, it's a good way for players to get injured.

The Super Bowl grass isn't just Bermuda. It's a blend of Bermuda, ryegrass, and bluegrass.
    Fair point, but the rye's added to (wait for it...) keep it intact, so the Panthers probably use something similar on their own field.

The point was it'd be dumb for a guy who plays on grass at home and knows he's playing on grass in the SB to wear shoes for astroturf. But maybe he's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I know there was at least one first down after the Panthers got the ball, where Ware was out because he was changing cleats and it might have been the previous serious where one of the Broncos edge rushers slipped to the ground trying to make one of their highspeed, low turns around a tackle.
    I recall a lot of our DBs face planting in the open field, too, and big divots flying up on several occasions. Just glad no one was hurt, but SF (still) need to fix this.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

all this talk about grass...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Nope, last year; played all of TWO preseason games before Harbaugh canceled practice and made them replace a strip the length of the field, right down the center. That's been established: Just because it screwed both teams equally doesn't make that OK. For one thing, it's a good way for players to get injured. Fair point, but the rye's added to (wait for it...) keep it intact, so the Panthers probably use something similar on their own field. The point was it'd be dumb for a guy who plays on grass at home and knows he's playing on grass in the SB to wear shoes for astroturf. But maybe he's dumb. I recall a lot of our DBs face planting in the open field, too, and big divots flying up on several occasions. Just glad no one was hurt, but SF (still) need to fix this.
    Ryegrass is also extremely slippery and holds a ton of water, so if the grass was over-watered and people were slipping...
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I saw some articles this morning although they have been subtle insinuating that its the reason why the Panthers lost because Michael Oher was slipping. But once you read the article a lot of the players on both teams said the field was bad so to me its much ado about nothing since both teams had a poor experience on it.
    It's for this reason that teams carry different size cleats. During the game they mentioned how players were going back to their benches and getting longer cleats on their shoes.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Ryegrass is also extremely slippery and holds a ton of water, so if the grass was over-watered and people were slipping...
    No SR. NO! Poor drainage problems and someone overwatering (which of course would not drain off with poor drainage) CANNOT be the cause or an excuse! We must have the heads of the five families of turf production have a sit down and someone is getting whacked! San Francisco must fix this heinous disaster of epic proportions that caused players to put on different cleats! THIS MUST NOT GO UNANSWERED! The fate of the free world LITERALLY hangs in the balance!

Oh, and there's no possible way this could be caused by a drainage issue. Did I cover that already? EXCUSES!

San Fran's field has always.. always... been the top of the discussion when BAD fields are the subject. It's just been one of the worse fields in the NFL for decades now.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No SR. NO! Poor drainage problems and someone overwatering (which of course would not drain off with poor drainage) CANNOT be the cause or an excuse! We must have the heads of the five families of turf production have a sit down and someone is getting whacked! San Francisco must fix this heinous disaster of epic proportions that caused players to put on different cleats! THIS MUST NOT GO UNANSWERED! The fate of the free world LITERALLY hangs in the balance! Oh, and there's no possible way this could be caused by a drainage issue. Did I cover that already? EXCUSES!
    You're an idiot. This doesn't make any sense.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

This reminds me of Soldier Field a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    San Fran's field has always.. always... been the top of the discussion when BAD fields are the subject. It's just been one of the worse fields in the NFL for decades now.
    The stadium is brand new.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You're an idiot. This doesn't make any sense.
    Well, that's like, your opinion. Man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Well, that's like, your opinion. Man.
    I'm watching Shark Tank.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm watching Shark Tank.
    Invest!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information