Poll: Should Manning retire?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Peyton Manning to retire?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    You completely missed the point. Valar said if he would publicly state that his time with the Broncos was equal as when he was with Colts. In his retirement speech or HOF speech I can absolutely see him saying that. Why would anyone be offended by that?
    Yeah, it's weird, but I really want him to have appreciated his time here as much as we/i appreciated having him.

Also I hate the colts

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yes.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Yeah, it's weird, but I really want him to have appreciated his time here as much as we/i appreciated having him.

Also I hate the colts
    I have no doubt that if Manning announces his retirement he will thank Elway and the Broncos for taking the chance on him and help him get to 2 SB's along with a championship. If you would of asked me 4 years ago if i thought we would be able to get there with such a young squad i would of said no. I really thought Manning might go with SF at the time because of how close they were defensively but am so glad he chose us instead. Its been a fun albeit strange ride but you cant really ask for anything better in terms of how it played out with Manning. He was a huge impact for Denver likewise Denver and Elway in particular was a huge impact for him. I think he is very appreciative considering the Colts wanted to move on before he was actually done. Manning would never say it but i know deep down he is saying "Irsay, suck my dick boy!". lol

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

You completely missed the point. Valar said if he would publicly state that his time with the Broncos was equal as when he was with Colts. In his retirement speech or HOF speech I can absolutely see him saying that. Why would anyone be offended by that?
    Your whole post talked about his time in Denver being better so I'm sorry if I missed your point of them being equal.

The strangest thing that could happen is Manning saying he wants to come back for one more year and try a repeat - and then Elway cuts him.

But that won't happen because Manning will retire on top and move on.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Grover For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Yes for two primary reasons, one to see him retire on top as Elway did and two because I feel at this point of his career Brock is better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Yes because he deserves to go out on top.

Also his body won't survive a full season. He would have to sit out stretches of the season and need the bye week again before playoffs.

I would like to see a QB who can play in Kubiak's system better and see what this offense is capable of.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

I would like for him to do what he wants.

Its easy to say "I want him to retire because I want to remember him right now."

But thenI think, what would I rather watch.... a Kasey Keenum led Houston team, or a Peyton Manning led Houston team? No matter how poorly Manning played this season, I STILL would much rather watch him play over some of the other choices in the NFL. So, in a sense, he's still entertaining for the NFL.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Probably because he spent >3X as long there, they chose HIM when he was a rookie rather than being chosen BY him when he was a HoFer, and they never booed him off his "home" field as we did just a few months ago. Whether he equated his disproportionate time and appreciation from both fan bases next week or during his HoF induction, that would be "equally" a slap in the face of Colts fans. Hell, look at the reception they gave him his first game back there:

If Manning DOES play on in, say KC, does anyone think the Mile High crowd will welcome him back with a visiting team the way the Lucas Oil crowd did? Do you REALLY think he's forgotten that the same Denver fans who cheered him for a couple years before booing him for a couple years spent a DOZEN years hating his guts when he was beating Shannys playoff teams by 30 pts? I'm sure he appreciates what has (sometimes) been a special relationship with Denver fans, but EQUALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

Also I hate the colts
    Well, that's the crux of it, but I doubt he shares your loathing: WHY do you hate the Colts? Why care about them AT ALL? Because Mannings Colts made our lives Hell. There's really no other good reason, because that was the first time they were relevant since dumping Unitas, and until his last three seasons we weren't even in the same League, so there was no reason to care. But your bad memories of Mannings Colts annually owning us are GOOD memories for him.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I think if he wants to keep his image intact, he should. I'd hate to see him pull a Brett Favre. Retire on top. He mentioned how he hasn't felt "the same" since his neck surgery. He claimed he doesn't have much feeling in some of his fingers. What does he have to prove? He won the SB on the back of a defense. Where's he going to go where he'll be given that kind of opportunity/slack to be allowed to turn the ball over that many times, and still be assured he has the job.

There's too many reasons why he should retire, and not many for why he shouldn't. The last argument you could possibly make was to win another SB. He's done that. Hang the hat up, and keep your image intact.

15. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think he going to retire. While the all time passing yardage is within his grasp mathematically that really is only left for him to shoot for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I think he going to retire. While the all time passing yardage is within his grasp mathematically that really is only left for him to shoot for.
    I think he has that record this year. He got it during the Chiefs game that he had all the ints.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Probably because he spent >3X as long there, they chose HIM when he was a rookie rather than being chosen BY him when he was a HoFer, and they never booed him off his "home" field as we did just a few months ago. Whether he equated his disproportionate time and appreciation from both fan bases next week or during his HoF induction, that would be "equally" a slap in the face of Colts fans. Hell, look at the reception they gave him his first game back there:

If Manning DOES play on in, say KC, does anyone think the Mile High crowd will welcome him back with a visiting team the way the Lucas Oil crowd did? Do you REALLY think he's forgotten that the same Denver fans who cheered him for a couple years before booing him for a couple years spent a DOZEN years hating his guts when he was beating Shannys playoff teams by 30 pts? I'm sure he appreciates what has (sometimes) been a special relationship with Denver fans, but EQUALLY?

Well, that's the crux of it, but I doubt he shares your loathing: WHY do you hate the Colts? Why care about them AT ALL? Because Mannings Colts made our lives Hell. There's really no other good reason, because that was the first time they were relevant since dumping Unitas, and until his last three seasons we weren't even in the same League, so there was no reason to care. But your bad memories of Mannings Colts annually owning us are GOOD memories for him.
    While I agree about how the Colts took a chance on him when they drafted him, and we took him on as a future HoFer. However... I don't think you could name another franchise out there, that has done possibly everything they could to arm Manning with an elite offense like we did, catered to his style of offense (for 3 years), and won him a SB in 4 years, with 2 SB appearances. I don't think any of this should go without consideration. I know a lot of people argue it doesn't matter where you retire, because at the end of the day in the HoF, it shows the two teams you played for, and your accolades for each team. I'll understand if he retires as a Colt, but I wouldn't be shocked if he retires as a Bronco.

I think he means JUST as much as to the city of Denver and Broncos fans, as he does to the city of Indianapolis, and their fans. Jim Irsay's tweet was a poor timed tweet since Peyton was still apart of the Denver Broncos, and was preparing for a Super Bowl FOR the Denver Broncos. He tried to take the spot light out of Denver, and shine it on Indy because their season was so awful, they warranted ZERO attention all season long.
    Last edited by tripp; 02-11-2016 at 01:59 PM.

19. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

He is far too smart to pull a "Favre" on this.
    He will announce that he's hanging them up within the next week, I bet.
    I hope he does because it was really painful watching him play when he wasn't even 50% of his former self.
    He'll jump before he's pushed...I guarantee it.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I would like for him to do what he wants.

Its easy to say "I want him to retire because I want to remember him right now."

But thenI think, what would I rather watch.... a Kasey Keenum led Houston team, or a Peyton Manning led Houston team? No matter how poorly Manning played this season, I STILL would much rather watch him play over some of the other choices in the NFL. So, in a sense, he's still entertaining for the NFL.
    Meh, i really cant say i agree. Peyton really struggled this year and im not sure its any better than what ive witnessed across the board on other teams. I think the guy is done personally and i would hate to watch him struggle with a team that may plummet because they are not near as talented as this Bronco team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information