Poll: Should Manning retire?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Peyton Manning to retire?

Aww hell haw! Gives Denver the best chance of back-to-back Super Bowls, duh!

Wooooow results are stunning. Get ready if he does retire...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default C.J. Anderson says Peyton Manning should retire

Add C.J. Anderson to the list of people who believe the Peyton Manning era should come to an end.

The Denver Broncos running back shared his thoughts on Manning's future while appearing on Friday's edition of NFL Total Access.

When asked whether Manning should retire, Anderson responded, "I think so, man. Let him ride off into the sunset in the correct way. What else does he have to do? He's got five MVPs, two Super Bowl rings, he's first in every statistical category. My man 18, man, walk off, man ... it was a pleasure one-eight. I had fun with you."
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-should-retire

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

CJ's a smart, talented and versatile dude; really hope we re-sign him to a long term deal as our starter (and he stays healthy.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Anybody else wonder why Manning never limped with what was described as a painful foot injury? Almost appeared to be a smokescreen to cover diminishing throwing skills. He hasn't been the same QB since the last quarter of the 2014 season.
    I don't know. I think he was hurt but his physical skills are diminished.

7. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I want him to go out on top

For some reason I am kinda really hoping he makes a statement that his four years in Denver were equal to his time in Indy.
    I want that for the simple fact of shutting my brother in law up. Stupid Colts fan. Constantly get to hear how he's a Colt, then constantly remind him that his team threw him away. Really enjoy pointing out to him that since they threw him away, he's been to 2 Super Bowls while Luck has been to 0. . He really hates that I point out his team investing all their eggs in qb, while putting no one around him to truly compete. He hates me.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    He really hates that I point out his team investing all their eggs in qb, while putting no one around him to truly compete.
    Isn't that Indys SOP though? Manning's achieved as much in 4 years >35 as he did in 13 <35, but at least Irsay gave him a line, despite denying him a D: Luck's got NOTHING except Hilton and a prayer. Then they hide his broken ribs from the League Office, send him out there to face Miller and Ware for 3˝ hours, and lose him for half the season when he comes back with lacerated internal organs. The way the Irsays run that team is criminal. Pity Manning couldn't have been drafted by the defending champs in '98; he probably wins half a dozen SBs then (and Brady "wins" NONE.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Anybody else wonder why Manning never limped with what was described as a painful foot injury? Almost appeared to be a smokescreen to cover diminishing throwing skills. He hasn't been the same QB since the last quarter of the 2014 season.
    Nope. My wife had Plantar Fascia and never limped. It's painful but limping doesn't ease the pain, may even make it hurt worse because limping puts more pressure on the part of the foot that hurt. That is what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I think Peyton could play for another 2 years. I don't think he wants to and he certainly doesn't want to come back and play for the Broncos again, nor do they want him.

In looking carefully at Peyton's video tape going back to 2012 it doesn't look a lot different than now.

Ever since his 4 neck surgeries he's been old, slow, fragile, with a weak arm and partial nerve damage in his fingers that never healed. Yet he threw for 55 TDs and 5500 yards in 2013, the best ever.

In 2012 he threw 3 INTs in the first half against the Falcons. In 2013 the SB was a fiasco. In 2014 he got hurt the last 4 games of the season and played poorly into the playoffs. And this season he was bad most of the year, and had a poor SB.

But, there was one common factor in all that lack of success - his OL couldn't block for him and protect him. In the 2012 Falcons game they got defenders right in his face so he had nowhere to step up into the pocket and he had to get rid of the ball in a hurry. Result - bad throws and bad decisions and INTs. Same thing in the SB, the Colts playoff game, and this last SB.

So, he could still play - IF he played for a team with a great pass-blocking OL that could protect him, give him a clean pocket to throw from, and time to sit back and wait for his receivers to get open - he could come back and hope to stay healthy and be effective in 2016. But, he's not going to move around and buy time when the protection breaks down.

And in Denver the OL has been horrible for 3 years now. They started Chris Clark, Zane Beadles, Manny Ramirez and Orlando Franklin in the 2013 SB and none of them were even on the team in 2015. You can bet that Ryan Harris, Evan Mathis, and Michael Schofield won't be starting in 2016 and all should be cut. That shows you what the Broncos think of their OL.

The result was that Peyton got hurt and was ineffective. Then Brock Osweiler came in for 7 games, and he ended up with a torn knee ligament, a separated shoulder and rib injuries. In short, he got the snot beaten out of him just like Peyton did. But, the 2 months of rest allowed Peyton to be healthy enough to start and be reasonably effective in the playoffs.

Then in the SB, Kubiak had the most conservative game plan ever.

On the last TD with CJ Anderson, Peyton checked out of the play and went into the shotgun, but Kubiak immediately called time-out. They conferred on the sideline, and Kubiak made Peyton go back to the running play. He didn't want to take any risks at all.

That's not how Peyton wants to play. So, any team that wanted him would have to let him run the offense HIS way. I don't know that any team would be willing to do that. They would also have to have a really great OL at pass-blocking to protect him, a decent running game and a couple of talented WRs to throw to.
    Your O-line argument falls apart once you compare him to Brock. Who in his first real action of his career outplayed Manning for the majority of his time on the field. Also the offense Manning's way doesn't really work for him anymore because A)he can no longer run it correctly. And B)teams have figured out how to stop it, when Manning runs it.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I voted yes for 2 reasons:

1. Like most people here, I want him to go out a champion. He's been a one man NFL establishment for so long that it would be a shame for him not to. The last thing I want is to see him play for a mediocre or bad team and watch him get his ass kicked weekly. I'd like to see him go out with his dignity and health intact. Better to go out on a high note than with maybe one more record that doesn't have any bearing on his legacy. His already a first ballot HOFer. He already has pretty much every passing record. I want him to retire with grace like JFE, not with futility like Favre.

2. It's selfish, but I think the Broncos should move on to the next chapter. For the past year and a half, his body has been breaking down and he just isn't the passer he used to be. Whether or not it's Brock time, I don't think it's in the Broncos best interest to be Manning time anymore. He's not the best fit for our scheme. He's a great on field coach, but not a top player anymore. I want what's best for the Broncos, not just what's best for Manning.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

His kids are little. He needs to enjoy them before they grow up, and they grow up so fast.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    His kids are little. He needs to enjoy them before they grow up, and they grow up so fast.
    Agreed.

Tthere are two questions being asked here. The thread title is a question and the poll is a separate question.

The thread title - Do you want Peyton Manning to retire? NO
    Poll question - Should Manning Retire? YES
    Last edited by tubby; 02-17-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Bleacher Report is reporting that if PM plays next year that it won't be with the Broncos. The part about the relationship between Elway and PM souring last season, if true, is a bit disturbing and surprising.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...aign=editorial

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Bleacher Report is reporting that if PM plays next year that it won't be with the Broncos. The part about the relationship between Elway and PM souring last season, if true, is a bit disturbing and surprising. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...aign=editorial
    Eh, I scanned the article. Elway has commented many times he will not be a buddy of the players. That for the good of the Denver Broncos he must remain impartial and so on. Balls.

I'm sure this season did cause tension for Peyton but it ******* worked. What more would he want?

I hope so much Peyton retires as in hindsight whatever happened tension-wise there will fall by the wayside. Elway's / Kubiak's way worked. I'm as surprised as anyone. Peyton has an opportunity to ride off into the sunset a Champion. Elway delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information