Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2016 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bryce Harper is a free agent in three seasons at the age of 26.

Will his contract be north of $400 million?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Bryce Harper is a free agent in three seasons at the age of 26.

Will his contract be north of $400 million?
    With how things are trending it would seem like an inevitability. When is Trout's deal up?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    With how things are trending it would seem like an inevitability. When is Trout's deal up?
    He'll be a free agent heading into the 2021 season. He signed a six-year extension after his arbitration hearing and before the 2014 season. The extension was 2015-2020 for $144.5 million. $5 million last year, $18 million this year, $19 million in 2017 and $33 million in 2018-2020.

He'll still only be 29.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

DJ Lemahieu signed a new contract with the Rockies yesterday 2 yrs/7.5M and it reminded me that I don't understand the business side of baseball at all. Arenado is on a 1yr/5M contract and he is by any reasonable measure a top 5 third baseman, I'd argue he's no worse than second and probably the best but whatever. I guess what I don't understand is how guys like Trout and Harper are worth these gigantic 8 figure contracts and a 3 time gold glove 42 HR hitting 3rd baseman is worth $5M a year?

I'm not saying Nolan or DJ are on that level (Trout and Harper) but how is the disparity that big? Does it have something to do with contract status and the teams having the leverage?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

DJ Lemahieu signed a new contract with the Rockies yesterday 2 yrs/7.5M and it reminded me that I don't understand the business side of baseball at all. Arenado is on a 1yr/5M contract and he is by any reasonable measure a top 5 third baseman, I'd argue he's no worse than second and probably the best but whatever. I guess what I don't understand is how guys like Trout and Harper are worth these gigantic 8 figure contracts and a 3 time gold glove 42 HR hitting 3rd baseman is worth $5M a year?

I'm not saying Nolan or DJ are on that level (Trout and Harper) but how is the disparity that big? Does it have something to do with contract status and the teams having the leverage?
    Has Arenado reached arbitration yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Has Arenado reached arbitration yet?
    I don't think so. Is that the key? Getting through those arbitration years then the big paydays happen?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Looks like that's his first arbitration settlement.

Teams own rookies, guys they draft or guys they sign internationally, for six years from the day they are called up. The first three are on their initial contract, the last three are through arbitration hearings.

I'm guessing LeMahieu signed a contract to void his last two years of arbitration before heading to free agency.

If Arenado has another big year, he will probably sign a bigger, two-year contract to avoid arbitration and then hit free agency, or he'll sign a long-term deal with Colorado, south of the two you mentioned, but still big.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Looks like that's his first arbitration settlement.

Teams own rookies, guys they draft or guys they sign internationally, for six years from the day they are called up. The first three are on their initial contract, the last three are through arbitration hearings.

I'm guessing LeMahieu signed a contract to void his last two years of arbitration before heading to free agency.

If Arenado has another big year, he will probably sign a bigger, two-year contract to avoid arbitration and then hit free agency, or he'll sign a long-term deal with Colorado, south of the two you mentioned, but still big.
    Okay, that actually clears up a lot of stuff for me. Baseball has to be the most complicated when it comes to contracts and stuff.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Okay, that actually clears up a lot of stuff for me. Baseball has to be the most complicated when it comes to contracts and stuff.
    and then you have all the roster rules with options as well. The managers and accountants have to work shit out pretty diligently, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

12. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    and then you have all the roster rules with options as well. The managers and accountants have to work shit out pretty diligently, for sure.
    Plus the whole Super 2 stipulation, which allows players to get arbitration in two years and is complicated as hell.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ryan Braun is in The Most Athletic Shape of His Life!

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/02/29/...e-of-his-life/

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ryan Braun is in The Most Athletic Shape of His Life!

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/02/29/...e-of-his-life/
    He must have found some good shit to shoot up in the off season.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I am watching Philadelphia and Toronto.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I am watching Philadelphia and Toronto.
    Any shots of Tulo crying yet?

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Tulo is being a real bitch isn't he? Why can't he shut the **** up? He got traded to a team that made the postseason, isn't that good enough?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information