Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DeMarcus Ware Announces Return to Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Von will want Ware back - you can bet he will weave this in his own negotiations. Also - Can't see Elway cutting the leader of the defense who is playing well. Meanwhile, we really need to try keep Jackson and most importantly the leading tackler (2 of the last 3 years) Danny T. Not sure how all is possible and OL upgrades too. Maybe best to let Os walk and go after Brees. Elway's dad was a huge fan.... Just saying.. would you really be surprised??
    I would be furious if Denver went after Brees.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

Never liked him.

Have no fear (or fury) - there's no chance they go after him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    You can't pay Miller top dollar, keep Ware, Jackson, Trevathan and then sign Brees. I know people like to dream around here but there actually is a salary cap.
    you quoted me - did you actual read what I typed? never did I say all that was going to happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Was just having some fun with the Brees stuff - but honestly - what is there not to like about Brees? I would take him for 2-3 years ala manning for the same amount before spending 12-15 mil a year on Os at this point.. The evidence Os being anything but a pretty good back-up is pretty inconclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Von will want Ware back - you can bet he will weave this in his own negotiations. Also - Can't see Elway cutting the leader of the defense who is playing well.
    Meanwhile, we really need to try keep Jackson and most importantly the leading tackler (2 of the last 3 years) Danny T. Not sure how all is possible and OL upgrades too. '

Maybe best to let Os walk and go after Brees. Elway's dad was a huge fan.... Just saying.. would you really be surprised??

So it's better to let a young promising qb, who we have groomed under manning for 4 yrs...and go after another aged an who will demand a much higher deal

Not seeing the logic

Keeping these guys on defense is a priority. Yes even over Brock. I love this squad...and Wade is a G!!!

#drippin
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Every coach taking over a team wants "his" guy under center. Survivingjust FINISHINGhis first contract often depends on that and the linked goal of winning a SB. Kubiak's obviously earned beaucoup capital winning a SB his first year, but ask Coughlin how quickly that credit's exhausted. If Oz didn't suit Kubiaks offense so well and/or have few enough seasons and starts to be developed as Kubiak pleases, I'd say our next franchise QB's not even in the NFL yet. That may be true ANYWAY.

I do know it won't be Brees or another aging placeholder, however good. We won the desperate race to win a title before our aging HoFer disintegratedbut only by a nose, with THE GOAT. There's a reason many tried but NONE EVER BEFORE SUCCEEDED. We won't adopt that as our MODEL; it's too financially, emotionally and mentally exhausting to maintain indefinitely. We wouldn't have to build a supporting cast now, but we'd play Hell maintaining it with $20+ million/yr pre-committed.

Anyway, if we lock up the D, re-sign CJ, build a line to let him run wild and get DTs groove back, we don't NEED an ELITE QB to win more SBs: Just a smart, careful and opportunistic one. Securing homefield with a season of a halting Manning and inexperienced Oz, followed by a SB run with an adequate Manning against top teams, proved that. Perhaps most importantly, Kubiak doesn't want to get Schaubbed out of his dream job at his "football home."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Keeping these guys on defense is a priority. Yes even over Brock. I love this squad...and Wade is a G!!!

#drippin
    So we can be the jets? The jets have had really good defenses in the past but always suck because they have no QB.

What do you do for QB, draft a 2nd tier QB in draft and start him?
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 02-10-2016 at 11:40 AM.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Brees isn't leaving NO's, as I believe he was awarded a 10 million dollar bonus today in NO. Unless they cut him before the day is up.

But I'm with you, either way. I wouldn't want him in Denver even he went FA.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    So we can be the jets? The jets have had really good defenses in the past but always suck because they have no QB.

What do you do for QB, draft a 2nd tier QB in draft and start him?
    Absolutely right. Everyone keeps saying that we ahve to pay all the money to the defense to make a second run. With no QB, how did that work out for the Bears, Ravens, or Bucs? They couldn't staty contenders until they got a QB to go along with that defense.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information