Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What if PFM doesn't retire?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    I hope the Broncos are the last team Peyton plays for. Going out a champion would obviously be the way to go. Having said that, it's his decision and he's earned the right to do what he wants, even if people disagree with it.
    I agree it his decision if he wants to play another season. If he doesn't I just don't think it will be in a Denver uniform.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Archie Manning said emphatically, within 2 hours of the end of the SuperBowl that there was zero chance that Manning would return as a Bronco next year.

He didn't say Manning would retire, but was as confident as can be that Manning would not return to the Broncos. That was not a mistake, or Archie talking out of his ass.

So, I conclude that the most likely scenario is that Manning retires, and rides off into the sunset, but if he decides to play another year, he and his family are already prepared that it won't be with Denver. Of course, this plays into the calculus of returning at all. Starting again with a new team in a new city won't be as attractive. I'm 97% sure he will retire.
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 02-09-2016 at 11:26 AM.

4. The Following 9 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Manning is not the same guy, obvious this year. Only thing he has left is his brain and his leadership.

He set a new record sunday. Worst QB rating in the SB ever for a team that won. Not to rag on they guy who just won a SB but....

I think the writing is on the wall and he saw that this season. There is no way Manning can play a full season anymore. His body can not take it.

For those that say you don't mind him back. He was one of the worst QBS in the league last year. And a defense that may not be as dominating next season could mean an ugly season if defense is not making as to win. We won more games by a TD or less then any other team in NFL history.

Our offense is a hot mess. Next year will be different with Clay and Sambrailo back.

A change needs to be made at QB and OL period.
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 02-09-2016 at 02:45 PM.

6. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Archie Manning said emphatically, within 2 hours of the end of the SuperBowl that there was zero chance that Manning would return as a Bronco next year.

He didn't say Manning would retire, but was as confident as can be that Manning would not return to the Broncos. That was not a mistake, or Archie talking out of his ass.

So, I conclude that the most likely scenario is that Manning retired, and rides off into the sunset, but if he decides to play another year, he and his family are already prepared that it won't be with Denver. Of course, this plays into the calculus of returning at all. Starting again with a new team in a new city won't be as attractive. I'm 97% sure he will retire.
    I was talking with my dad about that quote last night - while I think most people could reasonably come to the same conclusion, I'm still curious as to how Archie came to that conclusion so emphatically... Did Peyton feel slighted for how he was treated this year? Is there a disconnect between what Peyton thinks he can do and what Elway/Kubiak think he can do? Or did Archie just read between the lines that Peyton's production has fallen so far off that he knows Elway can't/won't pay him to play for another year because of Brock's emergence?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I was talking with my dad about that quote last night - while I think most people could reasonably come to the same conclusion, I'm still curious as to how Archie came to that conclusion so emphatically... Did Peyton feel slighted for how he was treated this year? Is there a disconnect between what Peyton thinks he can do and what Elway/Kubiak think he can do? Or did Archie just read between the lines that Peyton's production has fallen so far off that he knows Elway can't/won't pay him to play for another year because of Brock's emergence?
    When I first saw it, I was slightly offended. As though he was condemning the Broncos.

However, as I've mulled it over, I've come to the conclusion that the writing is on the wall to such a degree that the Broncos just can't afford to pay that much for that level of production. I don't think it's a matter of being slighted, or having ill will. It's just pretty obvious to all concerned.

Of course, that's all just speculation on my part.

10. The Following 8 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

How soon until Peyton is asked to host SNL?

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Elway will allow him to retire a Colt. He is that classy.
    Peyton is also that classy, it would not surprise me if he did not do that out of respect for the Broncos organisation and fans... And just retired.

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Manning

Peyton will be moving his family again soon, because he is either going to be working for the Tennessee Titans or, more likely the Tennessee Vols. That is my belief, a strong belief. I think he would love to go back to Tennessee to live, particularly Knoxville, and bring up his kids around that culture. Tennessee is also close to Virginia, Ashley's roots. Nothing against Colorado. I just do not think he is going to stay there, because I cannot see him doing nothing after he retires from playing. He would die in a few years if he sat down and did nothing. He will be in football somewhere, and if he does not go to work in a front office (probably in Tennessee) it will greatly surprise me.

I bet he goes into television before signing somewhere to work in a FO. He'd be great to listen to diagnose and break down plays. They might team him up with Dungy, as that would work better than listening to "whats-his-face" that he's with now (safety from SD and Patriots who is always so attitude).
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mouthofsouth View Post
    Peyton will be moving his family again soon, because he is either going to be working for the Tennessee Titans or, more likely the Tennessee Vols. That is my belief, a strong belief. I think he would love to go back to Tennessee to live, particularly Knoxville, and bring up his kids around that culture. Tennessee is also close to Virginia, Ashley's roots. Nothing against Colorado. I just do not think he is going to stay there, because I cannot see him doing nothing after he retires from playing. He would die in a few years if he sat down and did nothing. He will be in football somewhere, and if he does not go to work in a front office (probably in Tennessee) it will greatly surprise me.
    No offense, clearly you love the man, but it's going to take more than Manning to save the Titans's franchise. Their owning family is struggling with bad decision after bad decision. I just can't see Peyton ending up there. As far as the University of Tennessee, he already does plenty to represent and support their program. But the incentive to work in their athletic department is just not there. He's worth hundreds of millions, I cannot see him coaching or even taking an administrative role. What would they afford him aside from being a donar and a representative? Makes little sense to me that he would do anything more. Realistically, Peyton continues to take a hands-off supportive approach to his alma mater. If Peyton retires, he'll be highly sought after as a speaker or pulled into broadcasting as a commentator. He is too smart when it comes to Xs and Os. Most likely he becomes a TV personality. I can't say he won't get involved with an NFL franchise eventually, but it will be ownership or as a GM. The man is loaded with endorsements and investment opportunities. He has lots of capital and investors that would favor him. More likely he disappears from any spotlight for a few years and ends up being a handsomely paid advisor for multiple teams and ends up an "on air" personality. He is a communications major, afterall.
    Last edited by pulse; 02-09-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by mouthofsouth View Post
    That sounds like a good take to me. Colorado's amazing, but a Gulf Coast native living there is a fish out of water (almost literally, unless mountain ice packs count as water.) Peyton's too passionate and obsessive about football to just walk away from ALL aspects of the game but, much as I'd love to see him stick around to help manage Denvers offense, I'm not sure how well he meshes with where the capable hands of Kubiak and Dennison want to take it, and it's a long way from the Gulf.

I still think he (and they) would've been better of if he'd saved his current coaches jobs by going to Houston as his dad did, when they had EVERYTHING a dynasty needs EXCEPT a franchise QB. But McNair was too committed to Schaub sinking that ship to even make an offer, and the alternative's worked out so amazingly well for my favorite team that I can't be mad my favorite city missed the boat. I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning ride into some perpetually struggling NFL Gulf team and try to do for them what Elway's done for Denver; there are certainly many needy options.

Otherwise, the Tennessee Vols look a FAR better option than the Tennessee Titans will EVER be, because pulse is right on that one: The Adams Family Values that have plagued that team almost from the start are more than player, coach or GM can overcome. It's frankly amazing they managed to win the first two AFL Championships and take the third to DOT, but that's the last time the Adamses LET even the best personnel make them champions.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

They're going to be minority owners of the Grizzlies (Ashley already is). He might be involved with the Titans, eventually. Ownership wants him.

They'll have homes in both locales and New Orleans. I'm relatively sure they already do. They're rich bitch.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They're going to be minority owners of the Grizzlies (Ashley already is). He might be involved with the Titans, eventually. Ownership wants him.

They'll have homes in both locales and New Orleans. I'm relatively sure they already do. They're rich bitch.
    i expect nothing less than manning being part of an NFL ownership group at some point. . . IMO, no way the grizzlies are the extent of his ambition. . . and given the cross-ownership rules, i don't think it's coincidental that memphis is in his wife's name. . .

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i expect nothing less than manning being part of an NFL ownership group at some point. . . IMO, no way the grizzlies are the extent of his ambition. . . and given the cross-ownership rules, i don't think it's coincidental that memphis is in his wife's name. . .
    I don't think they'd frown on Memphis and Nashville in the same ownership grouping if they allow Stan to essentially pawn off his ownership to token owner Josh in Denver vs. L.A./St. Louis. He's definitely going ownership/admin not coach/AD.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He's definitely going ownership/admin not coach/AD.
    no question, IMO. . . there just isn't a coaching position with a high enough pay grade. . .

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information