Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos 2016 Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, I guess the 1st round tender salary level isn't as egregious as I thought - only $3.1 mil, so it's possible. 2nd seems more likely though. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw his original round tender at him though (5th) given the screws in his foot.
    That was my original reasoning for the first round tender. It doesn't cost us much, keeps him around for another year at that low salary and buys time to make plans going forward. I love Marshall and they need him right now, especially if Trev walks. Worry about how to handle him long term after this next year.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I wonder if/where Hillman plays next year. I'm not sure if he does anything well enough to earn a roster spot with a team who didn't burn a draft pick on him. He'll probably catch on as a 3rd down RB somewhere since he can do everything reasonably well, but nothing spectacularly.

JOhn fox is the guy who wanted to draft him. Maybe there.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I wonder if/where Hillman plays next year. I'm not sure if he does anything well enough to earn a roster spot with a team who didn't burn a draft pick on him. He'll probably catch on as a 3rd down RB somewhere since he can do everything reasonably well, but nothing spectacularly.
    I think Bibbs will take his roster spot as change of pace back. Still need a 3rd since juwan may not stick around and I bet we pick up a full back. Juwan had chances but just did not take advantage when CJ was banged up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I disagree. I bet we do give him a first rd tender. Second at the absolute very very least! He is key to how we run our scheme and is much more valuable to us than trev. Marshall is not going anywhere!

Pola, yes, I had suggested that Vazquez would be cut a long while back. I got flamed for it too. I still think we save the money and put schofield at guard, initially anyway.
    I knew I had heard it and read it....UR you know I really like you, but if Louis gets cut I'm going to have to hunt you down. So is there a date to save money if they cut him?
    Getting Stoked

7. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Yeah, I guess the 1st round tender salary level isn't as egregious as I thought - only $3.1 mil, so it's possible. 2nd seems more likely though. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw his original round tender at him though (5th) given the screws in his foot.
    I believe Marshall had his screws removed at the end of the regular season. Whether he did or not, he started every game of the playoffs and performed well. Also: 230 lb. backup ILBs. Given how long and hard we struggled to find a legit starting MLB in our 4-3, I'd be stunned if we let Marshall walk when simply tendering an offer's enough to lock him in for at least another year. The question in my mind is what we'll do in 2017; we have a LOT of key guys up then, too.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quotes via @NickiJhabvala on Twitter

"In talking to my agent, I got a pretty good idea of what my worth is. But I would like to see - because you never know - just to see the numbers. But if Denver came with quality numbers close to what we feel I deserve, then I would stay." - Malik Jackson

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but he said "close" to what he thinks he deserves. Does that mean he would take a few bucks less to stay home?

I thought this one was pretty funny. Malik, on why he threw the TD into the stands, "I don't know how to act when I get touchdowns."

Why in the hell wasn't McManus signed to a long term deal earlier this season? When he won the job that's when we should have given him an extension.

As for Malik, he seems to be wanting way more than we can afford. I'd rather have both Danny T and B Marsh over one Malik. Franchise Von if needed.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Why in the hell wasn't McManus signed to a long term deal earlier this season? When he won the job that's when we should have given him an extension.

As for Malik, he seems to be wanting way more than we can afford. I'd rather have both Danny T and B Marsh over one Malik. Franchise Von if needed.
    I don't know, but McManus is an ERFA. Whatever that is.

Maybe they didn't want him to be lazy with a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I don't know, but McManus is an ERFA. Whatever that is.
    Doesn't it mean we have the right to match any offer as well as getting a draft pick if we decline to do so? If so, the new PAT rules showing up a lot of bad kickers, and McManus' PERFECT postseason breaking records, ensures we'll have a few offers to match. McManus averaged >11 pts/gm while our D held the #4, #3 and #1 scoring offenses to <15: We could've left our offense at home and still come within a FG of winning every game.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Doesn't it mean we have the right to match any offer as well as getting a draft pick if we decline to do so?
    You tell us.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Maybe they didn't want him to be lazy with a new contract.
    You mean Colquitt 2.0?

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I agree on Todd Davis being the starter if Trev leaves. I think they think they can do for Davis what they did for both Trevathan and Marshall - take them from quality ST and backup to real good ILB
    At the beginning of preseason last year it was said that the Broncos felt that Davis and Nelson could be starters. I don't know of any other team that has a quartet of back up linebackers all of whom could start for a lot of other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You mean Colquitt 2.0?
    More like DT 3.0 or Manning 4.0. Or soon to be Wolfe and Von. Or Clady if he actually stayed on the field long enough.

Looking back I remember Elway was borderline considering trading a linebacker or two to the Texans. I am so glad this trade never happened, even if it means we get nothing in return. All of our linebackers played huge roles in winning a championship this year.

If anything we might get some comp picks next year if we lose more than we resign in FA.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

19. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information