Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos 2016 Free Agents

They seem to think so Joel. I do not know for sure but I know that the FO is pretty high on the guy. He has played a lot for us too the past couple of years. Maybe he can add a few more pounds of strength and not lose anything.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Those are my thoughts on who we keep and who we dont.
    I agree on Todd Davis being the starter if Trev leaves. I think they think they can do for Davis what they did for both Trevathan and Marshall - take them from quality ST and backup to real good ILB

3. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

They seem to think so Joel. I do not know for sure but I know that the FO is pretty high on the guy. He has played a lot for us too the past couple of years. Maybe he can add a few more pounds of strength and not lose anything.
    Yeah, I thought twice about sending that as a question, but I've been up since before the game, so I'd already hit enter by then.

Thanks for the response; I still have my doubts about a 230 lb. LB (even a coverage LB, though Arizona has a converted safety starting there at 220.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

5. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah, I thought twice about sending that as a question, but I've been up since before the game, so I'd already hit enter by then.

Thanks for the response; I still have my doubts about a 230 lb. LB (even a coverage LB, though Arizona has a converted safety starting there at 220.)
    I think our guys now are tweeners for your comparison both undersized.

Brian urlacher was a converted safety too

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm a little surprised at how many are willing to let Trevathan walk. Granted, if he did he would probably end up an unknown somewhere like Wesley Woodyard, but he's a major cog in the defense for Denver. Replacing him won't be as easy as some have suggested IMO.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

8. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I'm a little surprised at how many are willing to let Trevathan walk. Granted, if he did he would probably end up an unknown somewhere like Wesley Woodyard, but he's a major cog in the defense for Denver. Replacing him won't be as easy as some have suggested IMO.
    I wish he could stay - I wish they all could stay. I just think there's a good chance that we have some kind of secret linebacker machine somewhere. Trevathan himself came out of nowhere to be a star a couple of years ago. When he got hurt, we started using Marshall more, and I remember thinking, "He'll be okay, but he's no Trevathan." If anything, he's even better, though I love them both. I just think Davis might be that next guy - I know they're high on him, and if they have to make hard choices, I think they might be willing to give him a shot.

I'm not sure who would replace Jackson at this point - he might not be on the roster right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's been talked about throughout different threads, but I thought I'd create one for just Broncos free agents.

UFA's-
    Von Miller
    Evan Mathis
    Antonio Smith
    Vernon Davis
    David Bruton
    Malik Jackson
    Danny Trevathan
    Andre Caldwell
    Ryan Harris
    Brock Osweiler
    Ronnie Hillman
    Omar Bolden
    Jordan Norwood
    Tyler Polumbus
    Kyle Williams
    Shiloh Keo

RFA-
    CJ Anderson
    Brandon Marshall
    Lerentee McCray
    Josh Bush

ERFA-
    Brandon McManus
    Todd Davis
    Bennie Fowler
    Matt Paradis
    Sam Brenner
    I'd like to see Von (obviously), CJ, Marshall, and Brock as our top priorities. Depending on the contract Trevathan and Jackson are looking for it would be nice to keep both but I prefer to keep Jackson. Seems to be harder to find a good 3-4 DE. Also personally I think Vernon Davis hasn't had enough time in the offense to be productive especially with our issues with throwing the ball as a unit. I would like to see what he can do with a full off season to actually learn the playbook.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

From the unrestricted guys, I expect us to sign Miller & Osweiler and let basically everybody else walk.

McManus obviously isn't going anywhere, and I think we'll be able to keep CJ Anderson for fairly cheap. We better re-sign Bennie MF'n Fowler!

He has already linked himself to the Bears. I don't want him to leave, I love him. Think he is an awesome player and much better than woody. Just doubt he stays.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I would love to keep both our inside backers Bruton may resign fairly cheap he just feels like he wants to be a Bronco his whole career, Bolden we should keep too as he has value at 3 positions. CJ isnt going anywhere nor is Brock or Von, Harris would be a good one to re sign as our swing tackle as Clady and Sambrilo will be back and maybe we move Schofield to guard. Jackson and some of the wr will be replaced in the draft this year as it seems deep with d line and wr.

Can't speak for others, but I'm far less "willing" than "resigned." Maybe Elway will surprise me and we keep everyone else AND Trevathan, maybe even Jackson,too; I dunno, think they'll raise the cap to an even $200 mil next year? Otherwise (again, speaking only for my own expectations) it feels like we always had to give up one DE and one ILB; we re-signed Wolfe and Marshalls an RFA, so that makes UFAs Jackson and Trevathan the odd men out.

Especially after winning a SB; tight as it was till the final 5:00, if Trevathan doesn't fall on that Int Ward fumbled inside our 10, that could've been game. Gotta thank that'll drive up the price that was already gonna be high for a key starter on a Championship team. Nice problem to have, but we've got many of them.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    From the unrestricted guys, I expect us to sign Miller & Osweiler and let basically everybody else walk.

McManus obviously isn't going anywhere, and I think we'll be able to keep CJ Anderson for fairly cheap. We better re-sign Bennie MF'n Fowler!
    I gotta think at LEAST one of Bruton and Bolden stay given how huge they've consistently been on STs, plus what BroncoBuckeye said about safety depth. When Ward was out Bruton came up BIG early this year (we probably don't beat KC the first time without him, and then where would we be: Playing the AFCCG in Boston.) Bolden's been a great kick returner, too; was it the Pitt playoff where he had a big return at a key moment? Speaking of which:

Jordan Norwood has GOT to stay on this team. His fight all the way through 2014 camp for the final spot was the feel-good story of preseason, and tearing his ACL like, the next DAY, was the preseason heartbreaker. Then he miss that whole season, comes back, makes the team again, helps Manning back, and caps it with the longest punt return in SB history, nearly scoring (and still setting up a FG.) Plus he makes catches. Unless he wants like $3 mil/yr, keep him.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

He has already linked himself to the Bears. I don't want him to leave, I love him. Think he is an awesome player and much better than woody. Just doubt he stays.
    I forgot about that. I think flirting with Fox is a great way to ensure JFE won't even talk to his agent.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

18. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

The way I see it:

Very Expensive (over 10 mill per)
    Von Miller - close to 20
    Brock Osweiler - roughly 12

Expensive (6-9 mill per)
    Danny Trevathan - Low end, 6 or 7
    Brandon Marshall - On the fringe, 5 or 6

Middle of the road (3-5 mill per)
    I think all 3 are on the high end at 4 or 5
    Evan Mathis
    Antonio Smith
    CJ Anderson

Fairly cheap (under 3 mill per)
    Vernon Davis - High end, about 3, someone might overpay
    David Bruton - High end, about 3, worth it
    Andre Caldwell - Roughly 1.5
    Ronnie Hillman - Maybe high end, around 2.5
    Brandon McManus - High end, high pay for a kicker, roughly 3
    Matt Paradis - Solid center, I hope we resign
    Bennie Folwer - Solid role player, I want
    Jordan Norwood - Solid player, good return man
    Omar Bolden - Good depth, special teams player
    Ryan Harris - Good depth
    Tyler Polumbus - Good depth
    Shiloh Keo - Good depth at a position that needed it

Role players that would be affordable. I hope we keep most of them. They're replacements wouldn't cost much more or less.

Kyle Williams (who)
    Lerentee McCray
    Josh Bush
    Todd Davis
    Sam Brenner

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I gotta think at LEAST one of Bruton and Bolden stay given how huge they've consistently been on STs, plus what BroncoBuckeye said about safety depth. When Ward was out Bruton came up BIG early this year (we probably don't beat KC the first time without him, and then where would we be: Playing the AFCCG in Boston.) Bolden's been a great kick returner, too; was it the Pitt playoff where he had a big return at a key moment? Speaking of which:

Jordan Norwood has GOT to stay on this team. His fight all the way through 2014 camp for the final spot was the feel-good story of preseason, and tearing his ACL like, the next DAY, was the preseason heartbreaker. Then he miss that whole season, comes back, makes the team again, helps Manning back, and caps it with the longest punt return in SB history, nearly scoring (and still setting up a FG.) Plus he makes catches. Unless he wants like $3 mil/yr, keep him.
    Bolden has injury problems, but has flashed ability, so maybe he re-signs. Bruton is a great player and a great dude, but aging special teamers' jobs are never secure.

Jordan Norwoods are a dime a dozen, though he has performed admirably down the stretch, so maybe he can have Bubba Caldwell's spot.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information