Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Letting it Sink In.....

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    People bitched and moaned about Kubiak and his game plan.

Did anyone ever stop to think that he knew the limitations of the personnel on the offensive side of the ball? He just kept grinding. Who cares when we run 5-10 times and get 2-3 yards per carry. It eventually leads to that 20-30 yard gain.

Kubiak deserves a lot of credit.

I also want to acknowledge Mr. Bowlen. What a fantastic owner. I'm not sure most fans truly appreciate what this man has done for this team, the NFL and his players. We are SO lucky to have someone like him as an owner. I can only hope his daughter (who is the one anticipated to take over the team) has the same vision and drive.
    I want to point out that he actually helped the CFL over the years as well. He personally pumped his own money into that league when it was having hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I want to point out that he actually helped the CFL over the years as well. He personally pumped his own money into that league when it was having hard times.
    Makes sense. He has a long history with your province, and I consider Bowlen an honorary Canadian considering his involvement in Canada.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-08-15-31-15-1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	8539

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As others have said this Super Bowl win was a lot like '97 so it's almost as sweet as the first win.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Still hasn't sunk in. After 2013, it was easy to be pessimistic but as I said a couple weeks ago... this really started to feel like destiny, especially after that performance against the Pats.

Doubted and discounted all season long, these guys were as tight a team as any I've ever witnessed. They were playing for so much more than themselves and it showed every time they stepped on the field.

An absolutely magical ride and so satisfying.
    Go Broncos!

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

Lisa Weser
    Lisa Weser – ‏@LisaWeser

Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    The one thing that sticks out the most is the leadership this team possesses. DeMarcus Ware has been the perfect role model and leader the defense has NEEDED, and he steered this defense in the right direction. I couldn't be happier for him to come here and win a SB. Talk about putting the time in and doing everything the right way, and adding emotion into it. The way he gets the defense together, and talks to them the night before the game, gets their head into the game, and nothing else.

I remember watching his post game interview after the Pats playoff game. He seemed happy, but he knew there was another step... most guys celebrate like they won the Super bowl after a playoff win, but he's the EXACT guy you talk about and dream about leading your team out of the tunnel every Sunday. And Peyton Manning, what can anyone say that hasn't already been said about him. Been the leader of this offense for 4 years without any question. Couldn't be happier than for these two guys.
    People kept pointing to Ward and Talib as our defensive leaders, but it always looked like Ware to me. Remember when the D slumped after playing the first half of the season like, well, like the whole playoff run? Remember how Wares back spasms took him down for about a month at the same time? I shudder to think what kind of destruction Talib would lead the rest of our D into without Ware on the field to keep their heads on straight, and look at the difference he's made for Von.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

They sent 50 free cases to the after party to say thanks.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    People kept pointing to Ward and Talib as our defensive leaders, but it always looked like Ware to me. Remember when the D slumped after playing the first half of the season like, well, like the whole playoff run? Remember how Wares back spasms took him down for about a month at the same time? I shudder to think what kind of destruction Talib would lead the rest of our D into without Ware on the field to keep their heads on straight, and look at the difference he's made for Von.
    Talib is a great asset to this defense, but he's not the leader. These guys are leaders..

Adam Schefter:
    In Broncos team meeting Saturday night, Peyton Manning and DeMarcus Ware got choked up. "Both were very emotional and near tears," team president Joe Ellis told Sal Paolantonio. Coach Gary Kubiak addressed the team first, telling them what the game meant to him. "He told them he loved them," Ellis said. … "Peyton told a few jokes to lighten the mood," Ellis said, "but then he got very emotional (when talking about what the game meant to him.) And so did DeMarcus. The room was silent. It was a very emotional gathering." Manning, a source said, did not say to the team whether it was his last game.

17. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

In 77 I was a 4 year old in Ohio watching my dad, who has always been a fan, root for Denver. By the 80s my family moved to CO and I remember watching all those gut wrenching SB losses, I actually said when we got up by 10 in the first quarter dont blow it like we did against Washington. In the 97/98 seasons I relished those feelings of being WORLD CHAMPS and I still think the 97 game as the best Super Bowl of all time. Just like then I felt we had the better team and was destined to win, and once again I am relishing in being a fan of the WORLD CHAMPION DENVER BRONCOS. Love this team just love them.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBuckeye73 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Kubiak has plenty of SB experience and knew what it would take to win. I still think he was a great coach choice even if people hated his play calling. He stuck to his game plan and tried to reduce offensive mistakes.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Lisa Weser
    Lisa Weser – ‏@LisaWeser

Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    They sent 50 free cases to the after party to say thanks.
    Man knows what he's doing. Also, read Shake's post on Page 1. That's me too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Man knows what he's doing. Also, read Shake's post on Page 1. That's me too.
    Somebody on ESPN today said that Manning's mention of Budweiser was worth $3.5 million in advertisement revenue.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    Somebody on ESPN today said that Manning's mention of Budweiser was worth $3.5 million in advertisement revenue.
    Which was then summarily denied.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Today just feels good. I love today!!!

Thanks MasterShake!!!

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information