Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pay This Defense!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Marshall's an RFA, and Cugel informed me Stewart's already under contract (as is Roby; we only drafted him two years ago.) I'm resigned to not re-signing Jackson, and probably not Trevathan, but more concerned about Anderson, Bruton, Bolden, Fowler, McManus, Norwood and Paradis. Anyway, here's Spotracs list; click the year to sort by year. Frankly, I'd like to just cut Talib to save $7 mil (AFTER the $3 mil cap hit) and use it to extend Roby and Webster now, then pay everyone else.

Let's wait and see what Manning, Ware and Clady do first though: That's about $40 million of cap space next year, so we don't know WHAT we can do till they tell us.
    Exactly, I agree we have to see what Manning, Ware and Clady do. However, I've conceded in the idea that Manning won't be a Bronco next year. I think this was his final game, and I'm happy about that. He was brought here to win a SB, and he did just that. Mission accomplished. Clady has been M.I.A. for so long due to injury, I don't even miss him because I forget how useful he was. Not to say he can't be useful, I just look at him more as a liability than anything at this point. I'd welcome back Ware with open arms, you need someone like him to lead this defense. Him and Von's relationship is special, and I truly believe Ware raises Von's game considerably.

I'd also welcome back Bruton, Paradis, Fowler and McManus. I loved CJ Anderson last year, but after seeing him for a full season this year - I could be wrong, but I'm not as sold on him as I once was. We'll have to wait and see how much money he wants, but I don't think he's worth breaking the bank over, neither is Hillman. I'd welcome a veteran running back who I think could do just as good of a job.

CJ isn't worth breaking the bank over, but if price is right I definitely want him back. Kid is all heart and leaves it all on the field.

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    CJ isn't worth breaking the bank over, but if price is right I definitely want him back. Kid is all heart and leaves it all on the field.
    my take on him exactly. solid back

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    my take on him exactly. solid back
    Pretty good front too.

6. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Does 88 have any trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    No.

They would take a huge cap hit if they did. We're stuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    They would take a huge cap hit if they did. We're stuck with him.
    They would if they cut him. Not if they traded him.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Exactly, I agree we have to see what Manning, Ware and Clady do. However, I've conceded in the idea that Manning won't be a Bronco next year. I think this was his final game, and I'm happy about that. He was brought here to win a SB, and he did just that. Mission accomplished. Clady has been M.I.A. for so long due to injury, I don't even miss him because I forget how useful he was. Not to say he can't be useful, I just look at him more as a liability than anything at this point. I'd welcome back Ware with open arms, you need someone like him to lead this defense. Him and Von's relationship is special, and I truly believe Ware raises Von's game considerably.

I'd also welcome back Bruton, Paradis, Fowler and McManus. I loved CJ Anderson last year, but after seeing him for a full season this year - I could be wrong, but I'm not as sold on him as I once was. We'll have to wait and see how much money he wants, but I don't think he's worth breaking the bank over, neither is Hillman. I'd welcome a veteran running back who I think could do just as good of a job.
    Forget where I saw it, but CJ had something like 243 yds rushing in our 3 playoff games. May not sound like much, but behind THIS line?

CJ had 90 yds last night against a D #7 in yds/att, leading both teams. Hillman had 0.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

No, because it's the same old deal: He only has value if he's good, in which case you don't WANT to trade him, so if you don't want him neither does anyone else. He's been fighting through a bunch of stuff, nursing injuries most of the last two years, plus all the (ongoing) drama with his mom. He'll be back, just as we were.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Dude needs to pull his head out. No idea what's up with him because he "can" be an absolute stud.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Dude needs to pull his head out. No idea what's up with him because he "can" be an absolute stud.
    I think he can bounce back next season. But if anything it showed how much we need to keep Sanders long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Bad timing for CJ, good timing for the Broncos. He enters a free agent market with the likes of Matt Forte, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris, and more. I expect him back.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Bad timing for CJ, good timing for the Broncos. He enters a free agent market with the likes of Matt Forte, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris, and more. I expect him back.
    While he might leave, I don't think he's looking at a big payday even though I think he's good. Who wants to pay out money to a RB?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He's still getting the #1 CB and the double teams. He's doing something right. Or all the other teams are heavily guarding him for no reason.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information