Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread *Super Bowl 50 Edition*: Broncos vs Panthers 02/07/16

"The ratio of Broncos fans to Panther fans in San Francisco: 80 -1" ESPN Seth Wickersham tweeted.

Now, I don't think it's that high because later in the day more and more Panthers fans were showing up but I am thinking this will definitely feel like a home game for us. There were Broncos fans everywhere I went...it was almost shocking how many Broncos fans were there. Also, almost every other fan I met whether that was a Niner, Pats, Giants fan ect they were ALL pulling for a Broncos win.

I expect to see alot of Panther fans tomorrow in the stadium but my estimated ratio would be more like 60% Broncos fans will be at the game tomorrow. I met many of them yesterday, many traveled from Colorado, many in various parts of the US and ALOT of Cali Broncos fans. Yes....we are strong out here folks!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Its ok, it was game day for me!
    It's always 5:00 SOMEWHERE. Reminds me of the old chat days, watching Yanks, Euros and Aussies (and Kiwis!) change shifts in succession. Maybe the most eye-opening period of my life, on the most fundamental level: Wherever and whatever time you're getting to bed, about 2 billion people are getting up.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    "The ratio of Broncos fans to Panther fans in San Francisco: 80 -1" ESPN Seth Wickersham tweeted.

Now, I don't think it's that high because later in the day more and more Panthers fans were showing up but I am thinking this will definitely feel like a home game for us. There were Broncos fans everywhere I went...it was almost shocking how many Broncos fans were there. Also, almost every other fan I met whether that was a Niner, Pats, Giants fan ect they were ALL pulling for a Broncos win.

I expect to see alot of Panther fans tomorrow in the stadium but my estimated ratio would be more like 60% Broncos fans will be at the game tomorrow. I met many of them yesterday, many traveled from Colorado, many in various parts of the US and ALOT of Cali Broncos fans. Yes....we are strong out here folks!
    Underdog bandwagon? The Cheats fans are surprising; I presume you thanked them for their support and called them dirty cheats for all of us?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

What do you mean Joel? Deep down Pat fans respect Manning. Many fans I talked to think Cam is nothing but a showboat. I can tell you this, alot of fans want to see Manning go out on top. If Manning loses then I fully expect alot of shit talk after the game. That's just how fans are....they kick other fans when they are down yet want to enjoy the ride if you win.

6. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

What do you mean Joel? Deep down Pat fans respect Manning. Many fans I talked to think Cam is nothing but a showboat. I can tell you this, alot of fans want to see Manning go out on top. If Manning loses then I fully expect alot of shit talk after the game. That's just how fans are....they kick other fans when they are down yet want to enjoy the ride if you win.
    It just sounds weird that Brady-boys are pulling for Peyton, unless as a "only the Champs could beat us" thing. I just expected them to be all about how Brady's SO much better than Peyton they'd have a chance as underdogs, but Peyton ALWAYS chokes in the playoffs (even though it looks like he'll retire with a winning playoff record against Brady.) I'm chalking it up to lingering bitterness over Kuechly picking Brady in the end zone two years ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I hope manning can have one more game where he displays a bit of that magic he had most of his career

9. The Following 8 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2566208-here_we_go_joker_ref_pic_by_sullen_skrewt.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	8498

Today we are going to witness what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.
    Something will give.
    And it ain't gonna be us.

Go Broncos.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I honestly think 32 would be even better. Or 33, if Ware can figure out a way to kick a FG. But unless the line plays out of its mind and all the weekly practice reports that "Manning looks better than EVER!" are actually TRUE this time, scoring 30+ on a D that may be better than anyone EXCEPT ours looks unlikely.
    Go. Away.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

If anyone's interested in that stuff, I ran the power ratings: Adjusted for our much stronger and their much weaker schedule, Carolinas average victory margin drops from 12 pts/gm to 8.3, while ours rises from 3.7 pts/gm to 5.7. So, on paper, they're better than us, but by less than a FG.

I also didn't account for homefield (because I need some sleep before the game) and Carolinas victory margin's exactly twice as high as on the road (i.e. 8 pts vs. 4) while ours is actually HIGHER on the road (2.1 vs. 1.6.) So it ought to be closer than most expect, and if our boots on the ground are right about the crowd being heavily in our favor we may even have a slight edge. On paper (FWIW.)

It's 7 am. I've been up for over 2 hours because I can't sleep. It's going to be a long day waiting for kick off.

Go Broncos!

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    It just sounds weird that Brady-boys are pulling for Peyton, unless as a "only the Champs could beat us" thing. I just expected them to be all about how Brady's SO much better than Peyton they'd have a chance as underdogs, but Peyton ALWAYS chokes in the playoffs (even though it looks like he'll retire with a winning playoff record against Brady.) I'm chalking it up to lingering bitterness over Kuechly picking Brady in the end zone two years ago.

Too big of a fairytale storyline for Manning not to pull it off. Manning gets a winning playoff record, 2nd ring and rides off into the sunset. That is my prediction.

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

wow guys even tough I only really show up during Sunday's and most of you probably tell me to **** off. I love getting on here and talking Broncos during the game. I have literally don't know any hardcore Broncos fans. I'm so ready for this. The Panthers don't scare me. Newton doesn't scare me. The moment is the WALL I think this team needs to Break Down. The moment is huge and 2 years ago is still fresh in the mind. I hope they walk right up to it and demolish it.

It's been a pleasure to talk football with you all year. How about one more W!!!!!

#gobroncos
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

20. The Following 12 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Gameday what a beautiful feeling waking up Super bowl Sunday and getting to watch our team play. This season has been a great ride time to put an exclamation point on the end go Broncos.

22. The Following 8 Users High Fived BroncoBuckeye73 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Happy Gameday Broncos fans.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

24. The Following 10 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Well, the end of the season is here. Ideally, a team would be playing their best right now. Our defense has been hitting on all cylinders, but our offense has yet to peak.

Let's do it today.

We need to run the ball consistently, and effectively. Stay ahead of the chains/downs, and keep it 3rd and manageable. Run the ball, eat clock and keep Cam off of the field as much as possible.

I trust our coaches. We will have a good game plan. It's up to the players to execute it.

Go BRONCOS!!!!!!!

26. The Following 10 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information