Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the #1 key to victory in this game is?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default What do you think the #1 key to victory in this game is?

In everyone's opinion, what is the one thing we HAVE to do well in this game to have a chance to win?

For me, it's not turning the ball over. I mentioned this in another thread, but Carolina is #1 in scoring but not even in the top 10 in yards. They generate a lot of their points from their defense and forcing turnovers more so than by long, sustained drives. If we can go the whole game without turning the ball over, I think we have a very good shot at winning. If we turn it over multiple times, however, I think we have little to no chance. So to me that is the big key to give us a shot, not turn the ball over and win the field position battle.

What say all of you?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Pressure Newton into submission.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

I'm with Wave. Win the turnover battle. Time of possession is also going to be huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Turnovers

7. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Smack them in the mouth. Early and often. I said it in another thread - they'll fold like a beach chair once the Broncos hit them hard and often.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Throw dynamites in the early game. Just stop the mobile-quarterback.

I believe Antonio Smith will take it on Panthers and win for his Dad. His dad passed away yesterday.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Defense.

If we have the defense from the first couple of weeks I think we can afford a giveaway or two more than takeaways.

12. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

I thnk its been hit. I think keeping them passing, and keeping them 3rd and long...because as we've seen over our 1st two playoff games, our defense is stud on 3rd down.

If Peyton turns the ball over and gives them short scores, we are done. We don't have the offense to score... so we will NEED the turnovers and play the field position game. Force them into long fields to get into scoring position. I think Talib gets one early, and we'll need to score a TD when he does.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Contain Newton. Keep him in the pocket.

No turnovers.

Peyton needs to be efficient and no INTS.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

16. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Score more points than the other team.

Actually turnovers is probably what I'd say.
    In Elway We Trust

Our offensive line needs to control the line of scrimmage.

The above will open up our run game, take pressure off Manning and benefit our time of possession. Whatever we can do to keep Cam off the field is the best way for us to win.

19. The Following User High Fived Grover For This Post:

Denver needs a gameplay similar to what they used against GB, and need to be every bit as effective with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    Our offensive line needs to control the line of scrimmage.

The above will open up our run game, take pressure off Manning and benefit our time of possession. Whatever we can do to keep Cam off the field is the best way for us to win.
    ^^THAT^^ I don't know if we CAN do that (we've struggled to do it since before we even SIGNED Manning) but that's how we win. It can't be Manning vs. the NFL again; that didn't work when he had a better season than any passer in history, and still won't. We MUST run block well enough to avoid our OWN 3rd and longs, and protect our aging, hurt immobile QB well enough to convert most 3rd and longs we can't avoid. The more we do those things, the less Cam matters.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

22. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

I have five keys, really....

#1 BE MEAN!!! Shock them physically. But DO NOT turn the ball over.

#2 If you get a bad break, get meaner. Get angry and play harder. Take back the momentum.

#3 Run the ball effectively and convert third downs with a high percentage. This controls the time of possession, tires Carolina's defense and leaves Carolina's high powered attack frustrated standing on the sideline.

#4 Disciplined Defense! Get inside pressure with Wolfe but stay disciplined against Carolina's gaurds when they try to push out. This contains Newton in the pocket but avoids running lanes up the middle. Denver does not want to let him advance easy chunks of yardage up the middle because we're speed rushing the tackles into the backfield. That being said, if he rolls out, Miller needs to do his thing.

#5 If you get a lead, do not relax. Carolina often scores points unanswered and in chunks. See: turnovers.

Denver needs a full team effort on both sides to win this game. If it comes down to a final drive, I trust our defense and secondary to make a big play. If it comes down to Manning, I am confident he'll come through one last time.
    Last edited by pulse; 02-04-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived pulse For This Post:

Turnovers are my number one as well. I'd say stopping the run would be a close second. If they're churning out yards on the ground, not only will it be easier for them to convert third downs, but it gives Newton the opportunity to make big plays down the field. Make him pass more than he's comfortable with and we should be fine.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information