Thread: One Dead, 7 Injured In Florida Strip Club Shooting (Journalism 101)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default One Dead, 7 Injured In Florida Strip Club Shooting (Journalism 101)

(a wonderfully pathetic example of modern journalism, courtesy FoxNews.com...comments in italics mine.)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/06...l?intcmp=hpbt4

At least one person died and seven others were wounded in a shooting at a Florida strip club, police said late Saturday.
    Tampa police Lt. Ruth Cate said that one person among those shot at Club Rayne (Club Make It Rayne, perhaps?) had died and also said that another person who was injured in the shooting arrived at a local hospital separately. (one presumes the dead man wasn't the one arriving separately. Why is it important to know how they arrived anyway?)

Police said the 911 call about gunshots at the club came around 2 a.m. (Isn't it always around 2 a.m.?) Cate said detectives were on the scene investigating what spurred the gunfire. Officer William Copulos but said (but what? Maybe the officer's butt said this.) there may have been a disagreement in the club. (a disagreement? I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you!)

Authorities said all victims were believed to have suffered gunshot wounds (great detective work here), but the nature and extent of all their injuries were not immediately available.

Police have not released any information about a possible suspect in the shooting. (A non-information sentence)

Club owner Roberto Mederos declined to comment on the situation, according to the Associated Press. (More non-information) Cate said it’s unknown when the club might reopen. (Because we all want to know when a shot-up titty bar is going to re-open for business)

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's apparent you only posted this article so you could cherry pick because it's from Fox News. Personally, I see no issues with the way it's written.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It's probably more from the Associated Press than from Fox News and what is amazing to me is how sloppy and uninformative the story is. It spends more time giving us details that are either unimportant or easily deduced while giving us no information on who died, who was injured, what caused the "disagreement" or why we should even care. It's a bunch of no-comments and "we haven't determined yet".
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    It's apparent you only posted this article so you could cherry pick because it's from Fox News. Personally, I see no issues with the way it's written.
    Smh. Makes sense now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information