Thread: Dad stands trial for taking daughter's cellphone

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Dad stands trial for taking daughter's cellphone

Really odd, i cant believe they actually arrested him for this.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/01/...tcmp=obnetwork

A Texas father arrested for taking away his daughter's cell phone as a punishment will avoid jail but may suffer an even worse fate. In 2013, Ronald Jackson viewed a text he thought was "rude" on his 12-year-old daughter's iPhone 4, so he confiscated it, CBS DFW reports.

"I was being a parent," Jackson says. "You tell them what they did wrong and you give them a punishment to show that they shouldn’t be doing that." Unfortunately, Jackson's ex, who is married to a Grand Prairie Police Department officer, disagreed.

He was initially handed a citation, but things escalated to the point where police showed up in April 2015 and hauled Jackson to jail. "I'm upset because—number one—the property belongs to me," the girl's mother, Michelle Steppe, tellsWFAA.
    Jackson, who was charged with theft, refused to cave. "I didn’t want the police department telling me how to parent my child," Jackson tells CBS. "I couldn’t believe they would go to this extent for a cell phone." WFAA reports Jackson was facing six months in jail and a $2,000 fine, but on Tuesday, the judge ruled there wasn't enough evidence to keep the case open and ordered the jury to file a not-guilty verdict.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Really odd, i cant believe they actually arrested him for this.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/01/...tcmp=obnetwork
    Ridiculous, but the arrest was because the phone was the property of the girl's mother. So, he essentially stole the phone from the girl's Mom (his ex). I can see a vindictive ex pulling some bullshit like that, especially if she's married to a local cop...

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Ridiculous, but the arrest was because the phone was the property of the girl's mother. So, he essentially stole the phone from the girl's Mom (his ex). I can see a vindictive ex pulling some bullshit like that, especially if she's married to a local cop...
    As a freaking parent, you back up the other parent when the child is with them. Dumb ******* broad....that kid probably runs wild and she condones it with her actions. And as a police department, you don't get involved in stupid shit like this just because one of those involved is one of your guys. They should have looked at the cop and said take care of your piddly ass bullshit at home.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    As a freaking parent, you back up the other parent when the child is with them. Dumb ******* broad....that kid probably runs wild and she condones it with her actions. And as a police department, you don't get involved in stupid shit like this just because one of those involved is one of your guys. They should have looked at the cop and said take care of your piddly ass bullshit at home.
    I live vicariously through you Gem.

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

GEM

Yeah, but how do you really feel? Don't hold back this time.

9. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

GEM

Hoes be trippin.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

11. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

The guy is probably a drug addict. Took the girl's phone and was going to pawn it for pills and then made this story up later. Those people are good at making shit up.

Statements like this is what makes me like you, You are the realest person on here 98% of the time.

Yeah i know blah blah blah you dont give a shit what i think etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The guy is probably a drug addict. Took the girl's phone and was going to pawn it for pills and then made this story up later. Those people are good at making shit up.
    Riiiiiiiight. You might be onto something diaper dan

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information