Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Calvin Johnson planning on retiring after 9 seasons

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Would you care to compute their average stats per season then come back to us? Obviously his total stats will be less since he retired early.
    Heck I don't even have to find the averages. Looking at the raw totals and how many years each player played Johnson is way ahead of Bruce and Holt on his yearly production.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I can see both sides to all the players. I dont think Johnson is necessarily that far ahead of Bruce and Holt but i do think that out of the 3 of them Johnson is more freakishly athletic than the other two. But Bruce and Holt were very good at making you pay once they got the ball and very difficult to catch when they did. With that said had Johnson played with the greatest show on turf his numbers probably would of been even more impressive than they are now with not nearly the same amount of talent or chemistry on the Lions.

Fairly or not, Johnson will be snubbed because he's 0-2 in the playoffs (and never mind that his team's only won a SINGLE playoff game in the past 58 years.) He was (at least) as good as Sayers, but longer, and Terrell Davis won more playoff games than Sayers as long, but....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information