Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Manziel incident with girlfriend

Default Johnny Manziel incident with girlfriend

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

So there's no arrest in this instance (yet) but he had an incident with his girlfriend (not sure if this is the same one) several months ago on the side of the road. I'd say he's a waste of talent, but I'm not sure how talented he is. If he ends up in Dallas his life is probably going to explode that much more. Send his ass to counseling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national So there's no arrest in this instance (yet) but he had an incident with his girlfriend (not sure if this is the same one) several months ago on the side of the road. I'd say he's a waste of talent, but I'm not sure how talented he is. If he ends up in Dallas his life is probably going to explode that much more. Send his ass to counseling.
    Counseling only works with those who believe they have a problem and see a need to do something about it

3. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Counseling only works with those who believe they have a problem and see a need to do something about it
    To the Cowboys it is! That'll put anyone in counseling.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Police searched for Manziel with helicopter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-helicopter/

What an idiot!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Police searched for Manziel with helicopter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-helicopter/

What an idiot!
    I find the whole Manziel fiasco hilarious, and perfectly fitting for Cleveland
    Free Hotcarl!

He's a worse version of Tebow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

He's a worse version of Tebow.
    Yeah only because Tebow had not been caught

11. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

To the Cowboys it is! That'll put anyone in counseling.
    THIS is why you don't instantly turn pro. He had two more years in college before he had to grow up and be an adult.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Texas police search for Johnny Manziel with helicopter, investigating him for possible assault of ex-girlfriend

CLEVELAND, Ohio --- Texas police searched for Johnny Manziel with a helicopter early Saturday morning and are investigating allegations that he assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

According to a statement by the Forth Worth police, they used their Air One Unit helicopter to try to find Manziel because the female -- who told police Manziel was her ex-boyfriend -- was worried about his well-being.

They tried several of his cell phone numbers and checked locations around the Forth Worth area, but couldn't find him. It was later determined that he was safe and in no danger.

But police in Fort Worth and Dallas are still working together to determine if Manziel assaulted the female. Dallas police said in a statement that they're in the preliminary stages of the investigation and that they'll have no further information at this time.

"When additional information becomes available it will be released as appropriate,'' they said.
    rest - https://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind...or_johnny.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

He was just born in a different time period. If he played in the 70s and 80s he would be fine.

15. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    He was just born in a different time period. If he played in the 70s and 80s he would be fine.
    Don't kid yourself; from the OP link:
    His play hasn't been strong enough to warrant ignoring the outside noise....
    It's only been a few drafts since a few people raised but most dismissed concerns about Burficts character: He's a playmaker, which is all that matters. Ray Lewis went to 10 Pro Bowls, won 2 SBs and is a lock for the HoF on the first ballot despite FAR worse behavior than either: Because he PLAYED better than Burfict; far better than Manziel. It's not even clear Manziel did anything wrong this time: As the OP notes,
    This isn't the first time police have gotten involved after an incident between Manziel and his girlfriend, Colleen Elizabeth Crowley
    and no one but he and she knows what happened either time, because she called the police but didn't want to talk to them either time; the OP says she had cops go looking for him this time because she was worried about HIS safety.

The only certainty is that Manziels past behavior long ago forfeitted the benefit of ANY doubt, so he needs to both keep his nose clean AND deal with the consequences and scrutiny of the reputation he's EARNED. It's just like after the eye-poke game, when Kubiak continued reminding our guys that once someone earns that kind of rep it's very hard to shake, and everyone starts watching them a lot more closely, so borderline things once excused are now presumed intentional.

It may be too late for Johnny Football, especially if he still hasn't gotten a clue. Maybe Jerry will roll the dice on him as he has with so many other headcases and problem children, but maybe not: Those guys earned credit, and thus forgiveness, in the NFLs universal currencythe ONLY one it accepts or even values.

It HAS gotten worse: Lombardi or Landry would've thrown out these guys so fast and hard their butts bounced twice, HOWEVER good they were (ask Hollywood Henderson.) Try finding finding a coach with the balls (or GM and owner support) to do that now. Now the NFL's like a glorified HS or college team: Coaches who want to keep their jobs keep the boosters happy, and that means WINNING seasons, not BLOWING them just because the star rapist's not a choir boy.

C'mon, coach; felons will be felons! Manziels (NFL) crime is Assaulting without a Highlight Reel.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Really confusing story.

Police called to an apartment at 2a where a woman may or may not have been a victim of domestic violence at the hands on Manziel, who isn't present.

Smash cut to helicopters searching for him because said possible victim was concerned about his well being.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Don't kid yourself; from the OP link:

It's only been a few drafts since a few people raised but most dismissed concerns about Burficts character: He's a playmaker, which is all that matters. Ray Lewis went to 10 Pro Bowls, won 2 SBs and is a lock for the HoF on the first ballot despite FAR worse behavior than either: Because he PLAYED better than Burfict; far better than Manziel. It's not even clear Manziel did anything wrong this time: As the OP notes, and no one but he and she knows what happened either time, because she called the police but didn't want to talk to them either time; the OP says she had cops go looking for him this time because she was worried about HIS safety.

The only certainty is that Manziels past behavior long ago forfeitted the benefit of ANY doubt, so he needs to both keep his nose clean AND deal with the consequences and scrutiny of the reputation he's EARNED. It's just like after the eye-poke game, when Kubiak continued reminding our guys that once someone earns that kind of rep it's very hard to shake, and everyone starts watching them a lot more closely, so borderline things once excused are now presumed intentional.

It may be too late for Johnny Football, especially if he still hasn't gotten a clue. Maybe Jerry will roll the dice on him as he has with so many other headcases and problem children, but maybe not: Those guys earned credit, and thus forgiveness, in the NFLs universal currencythe ONLY one it accepts or even values.

It HAS gotten worse: Lombardi or Landry would've thrown out these guys so fast and hard their butts bounced twice, HOWEVER good they were (ask Hollywood Henderson.) Try finding finding a coach with the balls (or GM and owner support) to do that now. Now the NFL's like a glorified HS or college team: Coaches who want to keep their jobs keep the boosters happy, and that means WINNING seasons, not BLOWING them just because the star rapist's not a choir boy.

C'mon, coach; felons will be felons! Manziels (NFL) crime is Assaulting without a Highlight Reel.
    Okay, Joel.

Such a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Guy will flame out of the NFL before long. Another wasted opportunity.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information