Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chargers stay in SD for at least the 2016 season

Default Chargers stay in SD for at least the 2016 season

Looks like the rivalry will remain for at least next season.

Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos announced Friday that the team will remain in San Diego through at least 2016.

The Chargers have an option and an agreement with the Los Angeles Rams to go to Inglewood in the next year, but Spanos’ focus is on staying in San Diego for the future.

How did Philip Rivers react to the news?

“Obviously I’m fired up, as I know the guys will be in that building,” he said shortly after the announcement. “Hopefully the fans are as fired up as we are. We get at least one more go out at Qualcomm and in San Diego. It is exciting news, so I am fired up.”

While the Bolts are committed to finding a solution in San Diego, uncertainty still remains as the team embarks on finding a long term answer to building a new stadium. Nonetheless, Rivers is grateful to have at least one more season to play in front of the fans in America’s Finest City.

The rest is here
    : http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01...o?sf19998162=1

Last edited by Spiritguy; 01-30-2016 at 12:30 AM. Reason: weird formatting issue
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

2. The Following User High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post
    Looks like the rivalry will remain for at least next season. Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos announced Friday that the team will remain in San Diego through at least 2016. The Chargers have an option and an agreement with the Los Angeles Rams to go to Inglewood in the next year, but Spanos’ focus is on staying in San Diego for the future. How did Philip Rivers react to the news? “Obviously I’m fired up, as I know the guys will be in that building,” he said shortly after the announcement. “Hopefully the fans are as fired up as we are. We get at least one more go out at Qualcomm and in San Diego. It is exciting news, so I am fired up.” While the Bolts are committed to finding a solution in San Diego, uncertainty still remains as the team embarks on finding a long term answer to building a new stadium. Nonetheless, Rivers is grateful to have at least one more season to play in front of the fans in America’s Finest City. The rest is here: http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01...o?sf19998162=1
    Totally unreadable in forum runner. What did you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

I don't get that at all. It's formatted in the op. Edited, is it working now? I don't understand it. I edit it and it shows full page width and proper spacing and breaks. If I go out of the thread and back in it back to half page. Only thing involved edit wise now is the text color to make it readable on the blue background.
    Last edited by Spiritguy; 01-30-2016 at 12:29 AM.

So another whole season of SD residents not bothering to show, while they sit home playing Will They or Won't They...?
    Last edited by Joel; 01-30-2016 at 12:37 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Joel, is the formatting on the op ok for you or messed up like Tjones?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Good news for the chargers. SD has much better golf courses for which to take advantage of in January.

Also, Hi Spirit Guy!

I've seen you around a few times. It's beyond me how you can have been a member for almost a decade and half less than a thousand posts. Then again, I'm a post whore.

8. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Joel, is the formatting on the op ok for you or messed up like Tjones?
    Looks OK to me, but I'm on a desktop, not a cell.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Totally unreadable in forum runner. What did you do.
    Click/tap on the link. Your welcome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

“Obviously I’m fired up, as I know the guys will be in that building,” he said shortly after the announcement. “Hopefully the fans are as fired up as we are. We get at least one more go out at Qualcomm and in San Diego. It is exciting news, so I am fired up.”
    When asked what Donald's trump catch phrase is coupled with the direction of the sky, Rivers responded "Your fired up".

Asked what should become of the BBQ sitting outside qualcom, Rivers responded "Fire it up".

Rivers was then asked how he felt about the economic climate in southern Kurdistan, and he responded "Fired up".

A man of many words, Phillip Rivers.

13. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Hey Wayninja. Haven't posted a lot the past few years as my mother had an aneurysm burst in her brain just before Thanksgiving in 2012. Spend a lot of my mental and emotional energy dealing with her on a daily basis so there isn't much left to apply towards the Broncos and other "fun" stuff.

Trying to pay attn to post count so I can post something "worth while" for 1000 too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Hey Wayninja. Haven't posted a lot the past few years as my mother had an aneurysm burst in her brain just before Thanksgiving in 2012. Spend a lot of my mental and emotional energy dealing with her on a daily basis so there isn't much left to apply towards the Broncos and other "fun" stuff.

Trying to pay attn to post count so I can post something "worth while" for 1000 too.
    Sorry to hear about that. I wish my Mom was still around, but dealing with that doesn't sound fun.

And don't mind me, I'm a total jackass. Seriously, ask anyone. Or at least MO.

16. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Your not the first one to think it odd. lol

It takes all of us to make this board what it is. even MO.

I can think of a lot of things I rather be doing. It wears on ya, even physically after awhile. Gained about 20 lbs since it happened and it isn't muscle.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Your not the first one to think it odd. lol

It takes all of us to make this board what it is. even MO.

I can think of a lot of things I rather be doing. It wears on ya, even physically after awhile. Gained about 20 lbs since it happened and it isn't muscle.
    20lbs? LOL. I ate 20Lbs of baked ziti for dinner. You're a lightweight.

19. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

"We are very supportive of the decision by Dean Spanos to continue his efforts in San Diego and work with local leaders to develop a permanent stadium solution," Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "NFL ownership has committed $300 million to assist in the cost of building a new stadium in San Diego. I have pledged the league's full support in helping Dean to fulfill his goal."

LOL.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm glad to hear it. I want the Chargers to stay there.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information